Henia

Seasonal Muslims? Who are you kinding?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

bism2_d.gifBismilllah ir Rahman ir Rahmin

Esalaamu Aleikum wa Rahmat Allah wa Baraketu, my dearest Sisters and Brothers....

Warning:

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO ANY ONE PERSON(S),

BUT TO ALL MUSLIMS and ALL ANY GOD FEARING PEOPLES

proudtobemuslim_large.jpg

Subahan'Allah!!! In light of Ramadan being just around the corner... and all the strange and ill posts and replies I have read since finding VJ...( I donnot even know what what most are talking about...nor do I care...)

I thought I would share this film made by A href="ummahfilms.blogspot.com/2006/07/videoblog-7-seasonal-muslims.html">UmmahFilms. Inchallah it will remind us all , especially the Muslims here that Allah (swt) sees and knows all we do. There are no seasonal or part-time Muslims(submitter; believers)...And it is quite a shame that many people only call themselves Muslim cos they married Mr. So-and-so or they enjoy the perks of being Muslim when it is convient. Of course, in films and the media Islam is totally disorted but when I hear everyday people, esp who call themselves Muslims ... I wonder who hijacked my deen and why? I mean, I understand not all people really believe in Allah (swt) and are not care at all about Akhiraah. And as we commited ourselves to Islam, the submittance,worship and praise of Allah(swt) ... and also as this a forum about family immigration ...We should be more supportive of others and remember what our mothers told me when we were young "If you do not have something nice to say do not say it anything"

Anyway that is my opinion and I hope you all enjoy the film.

(F)Peace and Blessings (F)

hadith15.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Like you said, this is a website about FAMILY IMMIGRATION.

Unfortunately the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all" has been said several times but it doesn't seem to work here- plus everyone sees things differently so what may sound mean to one person may be fine to another ya know?

"And it is quite a shame that many people only call themselves Muslim cos they married Mr. So-and-so or they enjoy the perks of being Muslim when it is convient" This sounds like something that could be hurtful to some people. Who are we to label people as being relgious due to it's convenience? To me I think people should be concerned about their own personal reltionship with God and not spend time worrying about who is "truly" religious and who is not.

That's just my opinion. I used to be religious and I am not anymore but I always felt that it is a very personal matter and decision.

Take care,

Sarah

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Like you said, this is a
that it is a very personal matter and decision.
Take care,

Sarah

I definetly agree with this Part even though I am Muslim and born and still muslim but I think no one has the right to be judging anyone and your relationship with god is something very personal..

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Timeline

Unfortunately the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all" has been said several times but it doesn't seem to work here- plus everyone sees things differently so what may sound mean to one person may be fine to another ya know?

"And it is quite a shame that many people only call themselves Muslim cos they married Mr. So-and-so or they enjoy the perks of being Muslim when it is convient" This sounds like something that could be hurtful to some people. Who are we to label people as being relgious due to it's convenience? To me I think people should be concerned about their own personal reltionship with God and not spend time worrying about who is "truly" religious and who is not.

Peace be upon you, Sarah

I think I made it clear in my 2 warnings and disclaimers I didnt direct it at ANYONE ... In my last post you attacked saying basically that I shouldnt post anything religious as this isnt a religion board and what not. As I have said before, "If ya donnot like donnot read " ...

The whole posts basis was to say " Hey, you out there, especially Muslims who should be living by s certain code prescribed in the Qur'an... we should stop being crazy, judgemental people backbiting...and go back to our roots... what Islam taught us...about being nice, friendly, supportive" OK...that's my message...

And why did I stress Muslims...cos first of I am Muslim, second of I care what people say and think about Islam/Muslims, third of all what Islam ( and several religions have the same vibe)... love your neighbours, family and even your enemies.

And by the way, Thanks very much for replying...somehow I knew you would...and I really pray that you. But I do wonder why choose to pick on me? Hmm...I am clearly see I am NOT the one one here posting Islamic based posts...Anyway donnot distrub me with your trivial nitpicking and Have a happy and blessed life. :dance:

And a PS to anyone.... This postwasn't another post to start complaints and whining...it was to share the video on http://ummahfilms.blogspot.com/2006/07/vid...al-muslims.html for the Muslims and anyone else who thinks they would enjoy it. The short film is comical film about Ramadan and seasonal Muslims only coming to the Eid prayers...

Peace, Blessings and Hugs to you all !!! (F)(F)(F)

Henia :star:

Timeline

Peace be upon you, Sarah

I think I made it clear in my 2 warnings and disclaimers I didnt direct it at ANYONE ... In my last post you attacked saying basically that I shouldnt post anything religious as this isnt a religion board and what not. As I have said before, "If ya donnot like donnot read " ...

The whole posts basis was to say " Hey, you out there, especially Muslims who should be living by s certain code prescribed in the Qur'an... we should stop being crazy, judgemental people backbiting...and go back to our roots... what Islam taught us...about being nice, friendly, supportive" OK...that's my message...And why did I stress Muslims...cos first of I am Muslim, second of I care what people say and think about Islam/Muslims, third of all what Islam ( and several religions have the same vibe)... love your neighbours, family and even your enemies.

And by the way, Thanks very much for replying...somehow I knew you would...and I really pray that you. But I do wonder why choose to pick on me? Hmm...I am clearly see I am NOT the one one here posting Islamic based posts...Anyway donnot distrub me with your trivial nitpicking and Have a happy and blessed life. :dance:

And a PS to anyone.... This postwasn't another post to start complaints and whining...it was to share the video on http://ummahfilms.blogspot.com/2006/07/vid...al-muslims.html for the Muslims and anyone else who thinks they would enjoy it. The short film is comical film about Ramadan and seasonal Muslims only coming to the Eid prayers...

Peace, Blessings and Hugs to you all !!! (F)(F)(F)

Henia :star:

Henia,

I don't think I am picking on you, but I do have a right to voice my opinion as everyone else does, right? If I only read things I will agree with or like then I would be oblivious all the bad things in the world going on that make me sad and angry. I don't want to not read something just because I might not agree wth it.

"Anyway donnot distrub me with your trivial nitpicking and Have a happy and blessed life. :dance: "

Wow, that seems pretty rude to me and all I did was give you my opinion about what you posted. I can share my views just as you can and if you see it as trivial nitpicking then I am sorry for you. Why am I not allowed to post my opinion about what you said above? To me religion is very personal, that's all I said.

You said that we should all stop being judgemental and crazy etc. but above you accused people of being Muslim because their husbands are? That just seems contradicting to me.

Anyways I can reply to any post that I want to and you can do the same and so what if we don't always agree? We're allowed to disagree! :thumbs:

Sarah

Filed: Timeline
To me I think people should be concerned about their own personal reltionship with God and not spend time worrying about who is "truly" religious and who is not.

That's just my opinion. I used to be religious and I am not anymore but I always felt that it is a very personal matter and decision.

Take care,

Sarah

I couldn't agree with this more. I understand Henia's point too that sometimes it's nice to remember our roots.

I am one who grows weary of assumptions... the concept of "seasonal muslim" rubbed me wrong but I'm not going to complain about it. Everyone has an opinion. I have found it insinuated many times that because I was not "born" muslim I couldn't be considered a "real" muslim. To who? Another human? So what? It's between me and Allah. That's what matters (to me).

Hypocracy seems to be a universal constant... not only in religion. I personally don't feel any human walking this planet is perfect enough to judge another in the eyes of god. I do much better to worry about what's in my own backyard.

Now before my words are misunderstood... they are aimed at no one in particular other then the first 2 sentences. The rest is me blowing hot air because I adore to make things with words...

Thanks for sharing Henia. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the video but I will.

Things will speak to people differently. I thought Henia posted this not as an accusation directed at anyone but as way to combat a lot of the negativity around us (which we cannot change) with self-examination and self-reflection because we can change ourselves. I can condemn cartoon protests and other actions that I feel are destructive to Islam until I am blue in the face, I can get upset by the negative ways Muslims are portrayed, but in the end, all I can really do is work on me :thumbs:

Rebecca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

In light of Ramadan being just around the corner...

An I haven't even put up my Ramadan tree or baked any Ramadan cookies yet. LOL

Don't make me take my shoe off... LOL

LOL :lol::lol::lol: Don't forget the wooden spoon. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
Thanks for sharing Henia. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the video but I will.

Things will speak to people differently. I thought Henia posted this not as an accusation directed at anyone but as way to combat a lot of the negativity around us (which we cannot change) with self-examination and self-reflection because we can change ourselves. I can condemn cartoon protests and other actions that I feel are destructive to Islam until I am blue in the face, I can get upset by the negative ways Muslims are portrayed, but in the end, all I can really do is work on me :thumbs:

Rebecca

Well to me she made it pretty clear that to her it is a shame that people are only Muslim when it is convenient, which is exactly what she said. Maybe that wasn't an accusation but to me it seemed like she was being somewhat judgemental about those who choose Islam because their husbands are Muslim.

I said she was contradicting herself because she posted that phrase then said we should all stop being judgemental.

Anyways, Henia if you don't like my posts don't forget there is always the ignore feature so you can choose not to see what you don't want to see.

I think it's good that you posted a movie, I just don't agree with some of the paragraph that followed it.

Sarah

Edited by sarah and hicham

Timeline
I am one who grows weary of assumptions... the concept of "seasonal muslim" rubbed me wrong but I'm not going to complain about it. Everyone has an opinion. I have found it insinuated many times that because I was not "born" muslim I couldn't be considered a "real" muslim. To who? Another human? So what? It's between me and Allah. That's what matters (to me).

Esalaamu Aleikum wa Rahmat Allah wa Baraketu...

I am not sure if you watched the film, but Seasonal Muslim is the title... it is comical dawah film. And that is why was the post was titled that.

And also I clearly made disclaimers for a reason, as people seem to turn a well intended thing into something totally its opposite.

And also I was born a Muslim either... and I donnot go around preaching Islam either. I am proud and thankful to be a Muslim. And more then happy and willing to share my deen with people who are interested. And if we were to cross out Muslim and Islam...and put Christian or Buddist...the message would still be the same... LOVE THOU NEIGHBOUR and BE NICE.

Personally, I am thankful for finding this forum for 3 reasons- 1 immigration info and 2 meeting three friends here and 3 the lovely posts Rahma and Rebecca post. Other then it seems the forum is full of whining and backbiting, which I donnot care to be apart of.

I am not even worried ya know...cos I know Allah(swt) knows me better then anyone and knows my intentions and soon I will be getting married... And nothing is going to get me down and let me forgot those 2 things.

Peace be upon you all and May Allah protect us from the whispers of the Shaytan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Henia,

I read your post, and I am not a religeous woman, however I do consider myself a spiritual one.

I looked and looked for a faith that I felt I could relate to. On my quest, I found things about each belief system that I fell in love with and hold onto. I cannot sit here and say I have been able to surrender to just one, as they ALL are quite similar and I embrace all of them with an open heart and mind. Although I do feel drawn mostly to the teachings of Buddha. I have Lord Ganesh on my desk, a cross in my bedroom and a hamsa in my doorway.

Many people have questioned me, asking me how this is possible to embrace all. I never knew quite how to answer them-but you made a very good statement and have made the answer quite simple.

It is in the "roots". When you say, "return to roots"-it is a beautiful statement, as the roots of all spirituality encompass Peace, Love and Tolerance. Whether it is Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, or Shintoism-when it is practiced in it's true form, "roots"-as you say-the common factor between belief systems is not all that different.

I liked your post.

Peace be upon us all.

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Personally, I am thankful for finding this forum for 3 reasons- 1 immigration info and 2 meeting three friends here and 3 the lovely posts Rahma and Rebecca post. Other then it seems the forum is full of whining and backbiting, which I donnot care to be apart of.

Wow...harsh :(

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Wow...harsh :(

Yes, that was not a very loving comment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.