Henia

Seasonal Muslims? Who are you kinding?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Henia,

I will reiterate...

My statement was a statement made in general as I said clearly. I posted a thought I had. If you wish own it, that's fine. It wasn't my intention that it was directed AT YOU. So they are not my teeth marks in the back. To my friends I am known as a "blitherer". I tend to just say what I'm thinking, whether it applies anything else or not.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose,

Your post reminded me of a necklace I saw online recently. The blog I found it on said it was purchased in Lebanon.

unity%20necklace_medium.jpg

Henia,

I read your post, and I am not a religeous woman, however I do consider myself a spiritual one.

I looked and looked for a faith that I felt I could relate to. On my quest, I found things about each belief system that I fell in love with and hold onto. I cannot sit here and say I have been able to surrender to just one, as they ALL are quite similar and I embrace all of them with an open heart and mind. Although I do feel drawn mostly to the teachings of Buddha. I have Lord Ganesh on my desk, a cross in my bedroom and a hamsa in my doorway.

Many people have questioned me, asking me how this is possible to embrace all. I never knew quite how to answer them-but you made a very good statement and have made the answer quite simple.

It is in the "roots". When you say, "return to roots"-it is a beautiful statement, as the roots of all spirituality encompass Peace, Love and Tolerance. Whether it is Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, or Shintoism-when it is practiced in it's true form, "roots"-as you say-the common factor between belief systems is not all that different.

I liked your post.

Peace be upon us all.

Rose

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Henia,

I read your post, and I am not a religeous woman, however I do consider myself a spiritual one.

I looked and looked for a faith that I felt I could relate to. On my quest, I found things about each belief system that I fell in love with and hold onto. I cannot sit here and say I have been able to surrender to just one, as they ALL are quite similar and I embrace all of them with an open heart and mind. Although I do feel drawn mostly to the teachings of Buddha. I have Lord Ganesh on my desk, a cross in my bedroom and a hamsa in my doorway.

Many people have questioned me, asking me how this is possible to embrace all. I never knew quite how to answer them-but you made a very good statement and have made the answer quite simple.

It is in the "roots". When you say, "return to roots"-it is a beautiful statement, as the roots of all spirituality encompass Peace, Love and Tolerance. Whether it is Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, or Shintoism-when it is practiced in it's true form, "roots"-as you say-the common factor between belief systems is not all that different.

I liked your post.

Peace be upon us all.

Rose

Peace and Blessings be Upon you Rose...and Everyone!!!

I am glad you understood my meaning ... and I too had hard time finding my true path... way of thinking -religion that emcompassed what I had in my heart...it is hard... most religion have that universal "love" as its message... I am just sad people do not use it in daily life...just when its convient for them. It is a shame that we, as humans pick and choose who and when we are nice and when we go back to our "roots" our born nature...

I pray and hope all is well with you, your family and your visa journey...

and Peace, Love, Blessings and alots of ((((hugs))))

Henia (F)

JP, Sarah, myself, and whoever else is from a different faith, I think that we all find this forum becoming biased because everything that is posted is related to Islam....This forum has become less and less immigration based, and due to that, things are becoming more and more catty....I remember a time, where EVERYONE got along with just talking about everyday things, our daily plans, future plans, and things relating to us and our SO....sometimes i wish this forum was still like that....I think its great to be in touch with your faith and relationship with god, but not everyone here is muslim, nor catholic/christian, so again ill add, maybe just maybe, for the sake of people constantly bit*hing, we should keep it Immigration based, and if anyone feels the desire to post something, like this topic that was started, it should be kept to off topic....and if you fear the readers in off topic bashing you, then maybe its a sign it shouldnt be posted.....

just my two cents, not meant to cause a ruckus or step on anyones toes

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
JP, Sarah, myself, and whoever else is from a different faith, I think that we all find this forum becoming biased because everything that is posted is related to Islam....This forum has become less and less immigration based, and due to that, things are becoming more and more catty....I remember a time, where EVERYONE got along with just talking about everyday things, our daily plans, future plans, and things relating to us and our SO....sometimes i wish this forum was still like that....I think its great to be in touch with your faith and relationship with god, but not everyone here is muslim, nor catholic/christian, so again ill add, maybe just maybe, for the sake of people constantly bit*hing, we should keep it Immigration based, and if anyone feels the desire to post something, like this topic that was started, it should be kept to off topic....and if you fear the readers in off topic bashing you, then maybe its a sign it shouldnt be posted.....

just my two cents, not meant to cause a ruckus or step on anyones toes

Thank you Kelly, I really appreciate what you said and I agree with you. Like you said, and like I have tried to say before- this is an immigration site but you wouldn't know it by looking in this forum. I am not asking anyone to hide who they are or anything like that, just that we all find a common ground- which could be immigration and go from there.

Goodnight!

Sarah

I think it would be helpful to look at the actual descriptions of the forums.

The Immigration Forums are clearly separate from the General Discussion Forum. The Regional Forums fall under "General Discussion".

General Forums >>> Regional Discussion "This Forum is dedicated to discussion on the major regions around the world. Topics of discussion may include travel, moving, what to eat and any other experience you may wish to share or inquire about. Have fun!"

My two cents is people post what they want and skip over what they want. If you feel compelled to comment on something you disagree with go ahead.

Rahma has taken to labeling the threads "Muslim Content". Henia followed suit today. If the content is objectionable, skip over it or comment, but restricting discussion in a general discussion forum does not seem like the appropriate solution.

Timeline
I think it would be helpful to look at the actual descriptions of the forums.

The Immigration Forums are clearly separate from the General Discussion Forum. The Regional Forums fall under "General Discussion".

General Forums >>> Regional Discussion "This Forum is dedicated to discussion on the major regions around the world. Topics of discussion may include travel, moving, what to eat and any other experience you may wish to share or inquire about. Have fun!"

My two cents is people post what they want and skip over what they want. If you feel compelled to comment on something you disagree with go ahead.

Rahma has taken to labeling the threads "Muslim Content". Henia followed suit today. If the content is objectionable, skip over it or comment, but restricting discussion in a general discussion forum does not seem like the appropriate solution.

I understand that, I just think it's too bad that religion plays such a big role in this forum.

ok, i understand that bosco but why when someone disgrees with the topic posted, they get hammered for it?

also....islam is a contraversial subject.....its apparent as it has stirred up sooo much drama here....i dont know about all of yuo, but if people were bashing my religion, i would take my opinions and such elsewhere where people believed in the same things as me

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

I understand that, I just think it's too bad that religion plays such a big role in this forum.

And I understand how you feel Sarah, but there are also people who feel the opposite way. The women who post about Islam having taken to labeling their posts as such and that seems like a reasonable compromise. I have not seem them bring Islam into discussion in the threads not labeled as such recently ~ although I may have missed something.

Timeline

I think it's strange that when I posted my opinion about this thread I got replied to in a not very nice way at all and was told to ignore the thread all together. Am I not allowed to post here because I do not agree? I did not want to ignore it because I had something to say about it. Everyone here defends their religion and views and the only thing I did was state and defend my beliefs that religion is highly personal and should be kept that way.

I am still quite surprised at the contradicting way that being judgemental was expressed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
ok, i understand that bosco but why when someone disgrees with the topic posted, they get hammered for it?

also....islam is a contraversial subject.....its apparent as it has stirred up sooo much drama here....i dont know about all of yuo, but if people were bashing my religion, i would take my opinions and such elsewhere where people believed in the same things as me

It has stirred up so much drama. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Islam. I am learning to love this religion more each day and am sure I will convert in the future. I just feel when something is posted regarding any religion, Islam in particular, there will be some comments made that does not make some people happy. Sometimes I almost cringe when I see another thread started about Islam because I know that it is going to turn into a fighting match eventually.

Timeline

It has stirred up so much drama. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Islam. I am learning to love this religion more each day and am sure I will convert in the future. I just feel when something is posted regarding any religion, Islam in particular, there will be some comments made that does not make some people happy. Sometimes I almost cringe when I see another thread started about Islam because I know that it is going to turn into a fighting match eventually.

I know! I am like Kelly- if it caused so many people to get riled up and to say hateful things then I would be the first to stop talking about that subject. It seems like that would end a lot of headaches.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.