evli1966

Time frame

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi

I am new here and need some emotional support.

Me and My fiancee have entered our 8th month of the process the only thing to happen was they had me give my biometrics on 1-25-10.

We have not heard anything since.

I hired an attorney to help with the process and he is nice and responsive but his only answer is wait and be patient.

It is hard on us both I didnt go see her in December becasue we thought it would be soon now I am planning a trip in April to visit her.

I just feel it takes to long.

Yo9ur responses are welcomed.

This is for K1 Visa, right? What do you mean they gave you a biometrics notice? Who gave you the biometrics notice? When did you file? What mails did you receive from the USCIS?

Contact your congressman and senator.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IF you are the USCitizen, and IF yer biometrics were taken for ASC/ADIT - then,

IMO --

This is going to take longer.

USUALLY, Biometrics on a USCitizen are taken because of some prior felony conviction OR being tagged as a pedophile in the national pedophile database.

Suggest you set up an infopass appointment, and inquire face to face for what's going on with yer casefile. If it's been 8 months since you received the NOA-1 (797-C) notice of receipt, then you might want to initiate a service request at the infopass appointment, as well.

Good Luck, however it turns out.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You haven't heard anything (NOA1, NOA2) in 8 months for a K1 fiancee visa? That is definitely to long!

It is very strange that you, the petitioner, was asked for biometrics, I have never heard of that before. With biometrics, you mean fingerprints right- or was it an interview? Did they tell you why this was required? Is there anything strange or unusual about your case, such as do you have criminal convictions?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for the responses.

I am not a pedophile!

I do have a felony conviction 20yrs old and my attorney doesnt think that is an issue

The apointment was for my fingerprints only.

They had no information to give me

I have the 797c Ibelieve you call it the NOA1

We filed in May 2009 notice of petition recieved on May 29, 2010

I did make a servie request in December by phone and was told I would recieve something by 12/31 that is when I recieved the biometric appointment.

What is an infopass appointment?

Timeline

Yup - the ADIT at ASC (biometrics, fingerprinting) was done, IMO, because of the felony conviction. This is a new thing, mostly, started in 3rd quarter of last year, and is some procedural stuff from a combination of the IMBRA regs and the Adam Walsh Act. You should not sweat it, much, but mention it to yer lawyer, tell him you fell into an 'exception' area.

re: service request. Time to do another one.

re: infopass appointment. It's a face-to-face meeting, at the local USCIS office, with a USCIS officer, who supposedly can tell you what's going on with yer casefile AND where, exactly, the casefile is. It's a PITA, you'd think you can find out from calling the hotline.. grrr.

There's a web portal to make an infopass appointment (I don't know the url, alas).

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

There's a web portal to make an infopass appointment (I don't know the url, alas).

Good Luck !

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

moving from K-1 P&P to K-1 Case filing & Progress due to nature of query

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

My Attorney agreed it should be ok to do another service request and possibly set an infopass appointment.

My issue now is I will call in the service request but in regards to the inforpass appointment I only have 4 options which I do not believe I fall under.

they are

- Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

- Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

- EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

- Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Any ideas.

I can't do anything to help except to wish a luck in this process and hope that at the end everything will be good. (F)

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Yup - the ADIT at ASC (biometrics, fingerprinting) was done, IMO, because of the felony conviction. This is a new thing, mostly, started in 3rd quarter of last year, and is some procedural stuff from a combination of the IMBRA regs and the Adam Walsh Act. You should not sweat it, much, but mention it to yer lawyer, tell him you fell into an 'exception' area.

re: service request. Time to do another one.

re: infopass appointment. It's a face-to-face meeting, at the local USCIS office, with a USCIS officer, who supposedly can tell you what's going on with yer casefile AND where, exactly, the casefile is. It's a PITA, you'd think you can find out from calling the hotline.. grrr.

Good Luck !

So you are saying that anyone with a felony conviction is going to have a fingerprint request? Where did you get this information from? The OP never stated what the conviction was for...I think this makes a big difference if it was for spousal abuse or the Adam Walsh act.. Correct me if I am wrong and again where did you obtain this info about this started in the 3rd. quarter of last year..

My Attorney agreed it should be ok to do another service request and possibly set an infopass appointment.

My issue now is I will call in the service request but in regards to the inforpass appointment I only have 4 options which I do not believe I fall under.

they are

- Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

- Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

- EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

- Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Any ideas.

Evli ,you have no timeline..Please fill one in to fully understand this situation better.

Edited by PanamaJack

11-27-2009 I-129F Sent out USPS Priority mail

11-30-2009 I-129F Recieved Vermont Service Center Signed for by D. Renaud

12-01-2009 NOA-1

12-03-2009 Check Cashed

12-09-2009 NOA-1 Hard Copy Recieved

03-18-2010 NOA-2

03-22-2010 NVC Recieved File

03-23-2010 NVC Sent File to Consulate

03-23-2010 NOA-2 Hard Copy Recieved

03-25-2010 Bogota Consulate Recieved Case

03-30-2010 Pak # 3 Sent to Consulate

04-14-2010 Pak # 3 Recieved

05-03-2010 Lab work done..

05-05-2010 Medical Exam -- PASSED --

05-12-2010 INTERVIEW ......

05-13-2010 Visa pending a DAS certificate for USC Petitioner.............

06-17-2010 2ND. INTERVIEW Date.

06-17-2010 VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2010 VISA Recieved

06-25-2010 POE Orlando Florida

07-10-2010 Married

08-10-2010 Sent the I-485 pak out to Chicago

08-12-2010 Chicago lockbox recieved AOS pak.

08-19-2010 Recipt Notice for I-485 Pak

08-20-2010 Check Cashed for I-485 Pak

09-14-2010 Case Transferred to CSC

10-04-2010 Biometrics Appt.letter recieved

10-12-2010 Biometrics Appointment

10-15-2010 EAD card production ordered.

10-21-2010 EAD Card Recieved.................

11-03-2010 Social Security Card recieved in Mail

02-11-2011 Case transferred to Local USCIS office.

02-18-2011 Recieved Interview Notice in the Mail

03-24-2011 AOS Interview Date ..... GREEN CARD APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!

03-30-2011 Card Production Ordered.......

04-19-2011 Green Card Recieved....26 days after interview....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I've never heard of a biometrics step in a K-1, even when Adam Walsh criteria was present. I was under the assumption that for those with IMBRA issues or even those with Adam Walsh issues that a waiver was the course of action.

I wish this guy luck - it would help if he would provide details of what his felony conviction was.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I've never heard of a biometrics step in a K-1, even when Adam Walsh criteria was present. I was under the assumption that for those with IMBRA issues or even those with Adam Walsh issues that a waiver was the course of action.

I wish this guy luck - it would help if he would provide details of what his felony conviction was.

az110965................................. This is what I'm saying also...What was the conviction for ? and fingerprints for a K-1 petition for the petitioner ??????????? Never heard of that before..........I want to know what source this info was taken from..

11-27-2009 I-129F Sent out USPS Priority mail

11-30-2009 I-129F Recieved Vermont Service Center Signed for by D. Renaud

12-01-2009 NOA-1

12-03-2009 Check Cashed

12-09-2009 NOA-1 Hard Copy Recieved

03-18-2010 NOA-2

03-22-2010 NVC Recieved File

03-23-2010 NVC Sent File to Consulate

03-23-2010 NOA-2 Hard Copy Recieved

03-25-2010 Bogota Consulate Recieved Case

03-30-2010 Pak # 3 Sent to Consulate

04-14-2010 Pak # 3 Recieved

05-03-2010 Lab work done..

05-05-2010 Medical Exam -- PASSED --

05-12-2010 INTERVIEW ......

05-13-2010 Visa pending a DAS certificate for USC Petitioner.............

06-17-2010 2ND. INTERVIEW Date.

06-17-2010 VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2010 VISA Recieved

06-25-2010 POE Orlando Florida

07-10-2010 Married

08-10-2010 Sent the I-485 pak out to Chicago

08-12-2010 Chicago lockbox recieved AOS pak.

08-19-2010 Recipt Notice for I-485 Pak

08-20-2010 Check Cashed for I-485 Pak

09-14-2010 Case Transferred to CSC

10-04-2010 Biometrics Appt.letter recieved

10-12-2010 Biometrics Appointment

10-15-2010 EAD card production ordered.

10-21-2010 EAD Card Recieved.................

11-03-2010 Social Security Card recieved in Mail

02-11-2011 Case transferred to Local USCIS office.

02-18-2011 Recieved Interview Notice in the Mail

03-24-2011 AOS Interview Date ..... GREEN CARD APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!

03-30-2011 Card Production Ordered.......

04-19-2011 Green Card Recieved....26 days after interview....

Timeline

As My attorney believes the I-600 waiver will be requested if needed.

I appreciate everyones advise and encouragement but requesting details of my felony isnt the answer; if my felony was for some sexual assault would they not have already denied me or requested the waiver?

My fear is that the felony was considered violent and becasue it doesn't appear to fall under the Adam Walsh Act the agents are needlessly delaying our petition with out cause.

USCIS was given every thing related to the felony and my fiancee was aware of all the details before we became serious in the relationship.

I am not sure what you mean by a timeline.

Our application was accepted May 29, 2009 I have am I-797C the only action taken by the USCIS has been to take my fingerprints.

I requested a Service request on 12/7/09 prior to recieving the appointment for my biometrics being taken which was scheduled for 1/25/10.

My question still remains regarding how to set an infopass apointment with only the 4 options given to set one for.

those options are

Thanks

Timeline
So you are saying that anyone with a felony conviction is going to have a fingerprint request? Where did you get this information from? The OP never stated what the conviction was for...I think this makes a big difference if it was for spousal abuse or the Adam Walsh act.. Correct me if I am wrong and again where did you obtain this info about this started in the 3rd. quarter of last year..

Yup - I'm saying that.

The 'application of stuff' to actually get it done seems to be sporadic, so far -

i.e. - everyone with a felony conviction has NOT been sent to an ASC for ADIT (biometrics/fingerprinting)

The information comes from reading IMBRA regs and the Adam Walsh Act.

re: 3rd quarter of last year - sorry, can't cite the source, exactly - but I did read it on ILW.com that 'that portion of the act, covering fingerprinting of convicted felons' was to be instituted starting the 3rd quarter of 2009.

If I have time this week to scour ILW.com and find it again, I'm happy to post the link. IIRC, it was a 'weekly review' from one of the attornies that post there.

FWIW, there IS another VJ member here that went through exactly the same thing.

If you feel incredulous by what I wrote - well, you should be, ya? It makes no sense to me, to make this 'extra step' for Biometrics on a US Citizen that has a felony conviction - is dead easy to match up prior fingerprint records WITH the USC's ssn.

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.