KarinaB

Denied Visit to Canada w/ K1

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was denied entry, because no matter how far into the process you are, there are ALWAYS fears on the border side that you will get too comfy there and not want to come back.

Sorry for your stress!! But it is the way it is :(

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I always found it was useful to volunteer the basic information when asked where I was going: "To the airport. I'm flying to Georgia to visit with my fiance for the weekend and I'm flying back Monday". I always had my file of supporting documents and was pulled into secondary twice, but most times that was sufficient. I volunteered the purpose and the dates so they didn't have to 'pull' the information from me.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I always found it was useful to volunteer the basic information when asked where I was going: "To the airport. I'm flying to Georgia to visit with my fiance for the weekend and I'm flying back Monday". I always had my file of supporting documents and was pulled into secondary twice, but most times that was sufficient. I volunteered the purpose and the dates so they didn't have to 'pull' the information from me.

I always did the same thing. Some people say it's best not to volunteer information...but my experience has been the opposite. Answer confidently and succinctly.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I always did the same thing. Some people say it's best not to volunteer information...but my experience has been the opposite. Answer confidently and succinctly.

On one border crossing experience, I volunteered the information that they usually ask with a smile. The frosty US border agent snarled back, "I ask the questions!"

:(

Easily the worst border experience I ever had! Despite of all my residential ties I brought, I was seriously stressed that she wasn't going to let me through!

Edited by Revenesque

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

volunteering some info is good such as ur return date, have a return ticket, one just doesnt want to blab away!! Numerous tiem they would ask, business or pleasure?? I would say pleasure and that was the end of the questioning,lol Al depends on the POE officer

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This was a US Citizen denied entry at a Canadien Border Point, RIGHT ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
This was a US Citizen denied entry at a Canadien Border Point, RIGHT ?

Yes :(

04-00-2009 Met

11-20-2009 Engaged!!

01-29-2010 I-129F sent to CSC

02-01-2010 NOA1

04-30-2010 NOA2

06-30-2010 Interview Vancouver

7-10-2010 Wedding??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Another quick question

It seems the package did not arrive on time with the NOA1 that I sent him. Is it a bad idea to fax him an exact copy of the NOA1? Or will the Boarder agents want the original document? If so it's not a huge deal just will delay us about 4 hours ><. I won't fax it if there is any chance the boarder will have a problem with that.

Thanks again sooo much!!!!!! :luv:

04-00-2009 Met

11-20-2009 Engaged!!

01-29-2010 I-129F sent to CSC

02-01-2010 NOA1

04-30-2010 NOA2

06-30-2010 Interview Vancouver

7-10-2010 Wedding??

Timeline

I completely agree. I started crossing at 18 to see my now-husband and I always told them the place I was going, and when I'd be back. I have never been asked for proof of ties to Canada or anything and I used to fly out every 2-3 months. It sucks how you have to go through this. And remember to be confident, look the officer in the eye, and be polite!

Good luck again! :)

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

I have always done this too every time I cross. Telling them I'm a student and or volunteering them to show my ties to canada. Also the more I cross seems the less they grilled me... maybe cause i have been consistent and always came back? lol... Dunno but Im actually going on the bus to cross the border tomorrow and its my first time crossing while on the visa application process. Im not sure how its going to go, but im prepared for the worst and wish for the best. My husband said worst case scenario is if im denied entry to visit on my reading week then he will come visit in a month, and that everything will work out and not to worry. Knowing that has made me not stress out at all, whatever happens does, but I do want to get my vday gift and give my hubby his on vday :D

Married: 12/18/08

Sent I-130: 01/30/10

NOA1: 02/05/10

Touch: 02/09/10

NOA2: 03/24/10

Timeline
Another quick question

It seems the package did not arrive on time with the NOA1 that I sent him. Is it a bad idea to fax him an exact copy of the NOA1? Or will the Boarder agents want the original document? If so it's not a huge deal just will delay us about 4 hours ><. I won't fax it if there is any chance the boarder will have a problem with that.

Thanks again sooo much!!!!!! :luv:

Hi,

No one can really tell you this unfortunately - a fax an original, who knows if they prefer one over the other really? Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Back when Bill and I were dating he had some problems crossing into Canada to visit. Interestingly enough, the only minor issues either of us had while visiting each other in 4 years was when he came to visit me. Crossing into Canada always seemed more difficult for him than crossing into the US was for me, it usually involved more questioning about our relationship and future plans. The first time he visited Canada he was pulled into secondary and questioned, which eventually ended in them calling me to ask me if I was expecting a visitor from the US and some other details. Even after he told them he was a full time student and had a job, I don't think they would have let him in if I didn't answer the phone and say I knew him and wanted him to come see me.

So, this might be a stupid question, but Canada allows inbound immigration, correct? So if you have a Canadian spouse, you can cross the border and declare your intent to move permanently and they will issue a temporary visitors visa and allow you to stay. Then why would they give such trouble to the fiance of a Canadian citizen? I really don't understand. Sure, they can get married and then file in Canada, but if Canada openly allows spouses to enter and stay, then why have such an issue with a fiance coming to marry and then stay? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the system and "intent."

Sorry about your troubles Karina! Hopefully your fiance has better luck on Monday :)

Timeline

Well, technically, you are supposed to declare when you enter that you are immigrating - or going to apply to immigrate.

I guess if they think anyone is misrepresenting themselves, they are maybe not so worried they are going to come in and get married and stay - more of a, if you are lying about this, what are you really up to?

I also have always said I am going to visit my husband for the weekend. Haven't really been grilled, sometimes more questions than others.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.