s.o.

USCIS... DENIALS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN...

102 posts in this topic

Well, I have won the pompus award today on VJ, but I shall defer on providing lyrics, mostly because I am busy making the world safe for capitalism and eatin' bonbons.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Well, I have won the pompus award today on VJ, but I shall defer on providing lyrics, mostly because I am busy making the world safe for capitalism and eatin' bonbons.

Sounds like a plan... get the gal more bonbons!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Aaah, but Francis Scott Key only wrote the words to "The Star-Spangled Banner." The tune is actually an 18th century British drinking song, "To Anacreon in Heaven." This little nugget of useless knowledge gives me no end of pleasure, because I am rather fond of drinking songs, and drinking as well.

And yes, I am just as smug a little know-it-all as you think. :D

but without the lyrics by FSK, it is not nor ever would have been known as the "Star Spangled Banner"... so does that make FSK the "writer" as the question was originally posed?

YMMV

SunDrop,

Really good insight in your post. Diverse opinions are what founded this country and thank God we have the right of freedom of speech.

Personally, I think the USA will be a better place when you're a USC and have the right to vote. Keep posting - you're right on the mark with your posts I've read.

Alan

P.S. When you become a USC you have to spell favour "favor"... :)

Big difference in Diverse Opinions and Bigotry...

For those Non Americans that don't know what Bigotry is..

"One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

"

That would mean being negative to any group, race, religion, sex , political group, and the list goes on.

Those of you applying for the Unitied States might want to clean up your acts before trying to come here. I don't believe Immigration will allow known Biggots into the United States

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

And indeed the poem as written was not even known initially as "The Star-Spangled Banner" but "The Defence of Fort McHenry."

Let's call it a joint project between FSK and the dude at the Anacreontic Society what wrote the tune.

PS -- I'm a bigot when it comes to truly appalling spelling, grammar, punctuation and general typographical hygiene, prime examples of which may be noted above this post.

Edited by elmcitymaven

is anyone interested in bringing a lawsuit against USCIS for this issue?

I haven't followed this from the beginning, but I will suit the person who suits the government over this issue! I want my family to be protected!!!!!

Who's with me???

Edited by v333k

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The OP's general temperament suggests only that he thinks he didn't really commit any kind of crime, as it was consensual. Am I right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Old Dominion -

It's really unknown what the OP's thought process was in his post, except he said that all AWA filers will be denied by the USCIS. While it's apt to be an uphill approval, we have seen in several posts in different threads that certain AWA filers have been granted waivers and ultimately have been approved for their petitions.

In 68 responses to the OP's original thread, I believe one person expressed interest in the OP's recommendation of a class action against the USCIS. Regardless of the OP's intent, the USCIS did not enact this law - the US Congress did. The USCIS merely enforces the laws provided to them.

It's been an interesting debate on this thread.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
In 68 responses to the OP's original thread, I believe one person expressed interest in the OP's recommendation of a class action against the USCIS. Regardless of the OP's intent, the USCIS did not enact this law - the US Congress did. The USCIS merely enforces the laws provided to them.

It's been an interesting debate on this thread.

Alan

As the agency responsible for enforcing the act of Congress, the USCIS, along with the U.S. AG's office would be involved in the suit, not Congress. It's over-simplified to say that "the USCIS merely enforces the laws provided to them." Government agencies often lobby Congress in various ways, whether making recommendations directly through Congress' various committees, proposing legislation through the agencies' unions, or through "grass roots" organizations sponsored by the agencies' unions.

Let's call it a joint project between FSK and the dude at the Anacreontic Society what wrote the tune.
:blink:
truly appalling spelling, grammar, punctuation and general typographical hygiene, prime examples of which may be noted in this post
Fixed.
I haven't followed this from the beginning,

You haven't missed much.

but I will suit the person who suits the government over this issue! I want my family to be protected!!!!!

Who's with me???

Wow... the moral courage of the mob is indeed awe inspiring! I think your humorous impersonation of a hysterical idiot is on point, so I'll run with it. I'm at a loss as to how your family might be threatened by a sex offender sponsoring a his wife or fiancee for a K-1 visa? I wonder, are you so gung-ho about protecting your family against the prurient influences of the media, Hollywood and even the government? Because if you're like most people here in California when it comes to protecting their families from corruptive and perverse influences emanating from the power centers, you'll probably just whine a little and put your tail back between your legs. You'll turn a blind eye to the powerful entities that are actively corrupting your children, because you're scared and intimidated by them; but just to show that you've still got a pair, you'll take out your furor on the first weak looking target of opportunity that can be identified. You sir, are a pathetic coward and a hypocrite (but just for our make-believe scenario).

It is now a matter of law in California that elementary school children be indoctrinated into familiarity with the homosexual "lifestyle." Gender identity is to be abolished: a boy can be a girl and a girl can be a boy. Obviously, this is abhorrent to many parents' religious, moral, and natural sensibilities. For years, many parents have chosen to home school their children to protect them from the corruptive influences of the public school system. As of recently, however, that's largely been done away with: to home school their own children, a parent in California must now have teaching credentials. Never mind that as a group, home-schooled children are far better educated than public school children. Yet the State is so concerned with protecting their children from sex offenders? The situation is farcical. I'm sure it's not yet that bad in Georgia, but it's coming.

I won't address your homophobia, your tin foil hat tendencies, nor that you write more like a sock puppet than a newbie. I do take offence at you correcting my grammar when it was perfectly correct. I was referring to the poor spelling, punctuation and grammar in post #65, which are indubitably appalling.

Lest you take umbrage with my own use of "what" (as in "the dude at the Anacreontic Society what wrote the tune"), I assure you it was done in good fun. Perhaps the usage is more common in the UK than in the US, but it was used for comedic effect.

I demand satisfaction! :star:

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I haven't followed this from the beginning, but I will suit the person who suits the government over this issue! I want my family to be protected!!!!!

Who's with me???

Anyone who honestly believes that far-reaching, ill-funded overly-broad federal laws can protect their family better than parent(s) who take the time & effort to be active and involved in the lives of their children will find that the protection they seek will never happen.

If you want to protect your children from Sex Offenses then as a parent you must know every adult in their life & have a working knowledge of most of the children they associate with.

The SO Registry may contain over half a million entries but it only lists previous caught offenders which studies show have the lowest average re-offense rate of all criminal offenders (less than 10%). Studies also show that over 90% of Sex Offense arrests are a previously unknown offender. What does this mean to you the parent:

Your Government is spending huge amounts of money tracking less than 10% of the Sex Offenders in the US and ironically the greater than 90% they aren't tracking are the ones who are most likely to be actively committing Sex Offenses.

So you may feel safer knowing that the guy in the next neighborhood was arrested for skinny dipping (yep in many states that lands you on the list) you are still letting Uncle Charlie spend "Quality Time" with your child and don't even know how to spot a predator grooming their next victim. BTW, a vast majority of Offenders are know to their victims either as family members or a close trusted friend of the family.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN... Parents are the first & last line of defense for our children.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Anyone who honestly believes that far-reaching, ill-funded overly-broad federal laws can protect their family better than parent(s) who take the time & effort to be active and involved in the lives of their children will find that the protection they seek will never happen.

If you want to protect your children from Sex Offenses then as a parent you must know every adult in their life & have a working knowledge of most of the children they associate with.

The SO Registry may contain over half a million entries but it only lists previous caught offenders which studies show have the lowest average re-offense rate of all criminal offenders (less than 10%). Studies also show that over 90% of Sex Offense arrests are a previously unknown offender. What does this mean to you the parent:

Your Government is spending huge amounts of money tracking less than 10% of the Sex Offenders in the US and ironically the greater than 90% they aren't tracking are the ones who are most likely to be actively committing Sex Offenses.

So you may feel safer knowing that the guy in the next neighborhood was arrested for skinny dipping (yep in many states that lands you on the list) you are still letting Uncle Charlie spend "Quality Time" with your child and don't even know how to spot a predator grooming their next victim. BTW, a vast majority of Offenders are know to their victims either as family members or a close trusted friend of the family.

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN... Parents are the first & last line of defense for our children.

My hat goes off to you.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

'In every LAW, there is FLAW' my professor in college used to say in our class.

I heard the story about a 19-yr old man who's having consensual sex with his 17-yr old girlfriend, charged and labeled as sex offender after his mom's girlfriend reported him to the authority.

She just got pissed of with her daughter one day and want to scare her, that's why she did it. She wanted to withdraw the case but failed.

Now, the two are married w/ kids, but the past always haunts the unfortunate man. his name will be 'publicly urinated' (as 1 VJ'ers here said), his kids will be subject to mockery for having a SO father, he's being turned down for a job for being labeled one, and more repercussion shadows him.

The question is, who is the real victim here???

Certainly, there are loopholes that needs to be fixed.

And sometimes you wouldn't understand until you deal with one.

Let's condemn and incarcerate the real offenders and liberate the innocent.

May 2007 - Got Married!!!

July 2007 - I-485 Application Receipt date

Aug 2007 - Transferred to CA Service Center

Sep 2007 - Biometrics

Nov 2007 - RFE for Vaccinations

Dec-Arpril '07- Tons of phone inquiries to Customer Service

April 2008 - Inquired to USCIS through letter

May- Dec '08- Several INFOPASS appointment

Nov 2008 - Hubby took me to DMV for Driving test! Got my DL!!!

Dec 2008 - Reply from CIS Ombudsman

Jan 2009 - Still NO updates

May 2009 - Second Biometrics

July 2009 - Sent letter to CIS Ombudsman

Oct 2009 - Sent letter to USCIS

Dec 2009 - Transferred from CSC to NBC Lee's Summit, MO

Jan 2009 - Interview Notice

Feb 1 2009 - Long awaited INTERVIEW DATE

Feb 19 2009 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

Feb 22 2009 to present - Please Mr. Postman look and see......c'mon deliver the letter, the sooner the better... (singing...hahaha)

Feb 23 2009 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED email (again!!!)... such an agonizing moment! can't wait no more

" You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went, you can swear and curse fates.....

But when it comes to the end, you have to let go...."

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

To those who has the hatred for sex offenders,

I agree with you that the recidivists should be punished, I believe such kind of recidivists will be locked in prison for ever. That is the society issue. In fact, 85% of sex offenders are rehabilitabable. Everyone may make mistake in ones life. Are you sure you have not done anything wrong in your life? Please speak according to objective appraisal, don't influenced by emotions or personal prejudices.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.