s.o.

USCIS... DENIALS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN...

102 posts in this topic

In all honesty, any posts made as replys that aren't regarding the OP's original topic should be banned. If VJ were to be a forum of any integrety. So when people search they can find answers and not page after page of hate posts

Any mods here?

Where are the hate posts? A global mod removed those that were in violation of the ToS. Any community, whether online or in the physical world, should support open discussion and debate.

It strikes me, between this post of yours and your other one stating that anyone who is not a USC shouldn't comment, that you're more interested in only reading posts that support AWA affected petitioners. How many of the non-USC posters will be USCs, with a vote, in a mere 3 years give or take.

Taking this kind of dismissive attitude, while being a vocal advocate of more leniency towards AWAers, could serve only to push on-the-fencers in the opposite direction. If I ever have the opportunity to vote in favour of reclassifying the AWA into some kind of 'severity of offense' grouping, I would. But basically being told that I have no right to opinion or comment leaves a bad taste in my mouth, if it is a common voice of those who would fall into that less severe category. It smacks of arrogance and a disregard for personal responsibility for the situation in which they find themselves. Doesn't make me particularly sympathetic towards them.

*shrugs* Not that you care, right?

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

SunDrop,

Really good insight in your post. Diverse opinions are what founded this country and thank God we have the right of freedom of speech.

Personally, I think the USA will be a better place when you're a USC and have the right to vote. Keep posting - you're right on the mark with your posts I've read.

Alan

P.S. When you become a USC you have to spell favour "favor"... :)

Edited by az110965

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Noversation,

You just made a recommendation that anyone's post not pertaining to the OP's be banned. In reading your posts, you never said you'd join the OP in his quest for a class action... Unless I missed something???

I think the OP has had his question answered...

Alan

yes Alan my posts and yours should be deleted from this thread as they do not Pertain to the original post

And for everyone else, its not an opinion thread, he was asking for those that wish to file a lawsuit, not your opinon, unless you are all wanting to help him file a lawsuit?

Where are the hate posts? A global mod removed those that were in violation of the ToS. Any community, whether online or in the physical world, should support open discussion and debate.

It strikes me, between this post of yours and your other one stating that anyone who is not a USC shouldn't comment, that you're more interested in only reading posts that support AWA affected petitioners. How many of the non-USC posters will be USCs, with a vote, in a mere 3 years give or take.

Taking this kind of dismissive attitude, while being a vocal advocate of more leniency towards AWAers, could serve only to push on-the-fencers in the opposite direction. If I ever have the opportunity to vote in favour of reclassifying the AWA into some kind of 'severity of offense' grouping, I would. But basically being told that I have no right to opinion or comment leaves a bad taste in my mouth, if it is a common voice of those who would fall into that less severe category. It smacks of arrogance and a disregard for personal responsibility for the situation in which they find themselves. Doesn't make me particularly sympathetic towards them.

*shrugs* Not that you care, right?

Voice your opinon to the Queen of England , would probably the proper place

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
if you are a sex-offender and you are convicted and you apply for a K1 visa the USCIS will deny you! the Adam Walsh Act is clear that you are excluded unless you can prove that you are NOt a threat to your fiancee'! i hope that you can satisfy them if you apply...

any ideas?

is anyone interested in bringing a lawsuit against USCIS for this issue?

I would be interested in challenging the AWA if it comes to it. I think it is on shaky constitutional ground in more ways than one. Don't let people discourage you--many of them are just drinking the Kool-Aid. They don't know any better.

I'm new here, and have only posted one other time, but I'd like to thank those that contributed their sincere thoughts to this thread, even the "haters" (not that I speak for the OP). Most people really have no idea what is going on with this sex offender thing. Most of them won't know or care until it hits them very personally. Some of those who expressed their disgust and resentment of sex offenders may someday find that they or someone they love very much has been branded with this label. I know, because I was one who used to judge such people very harshly. While there are some real creeps out there, I had no idea of the media and political spin game that has been going on. I never imagined I would find myself in the circumstances I did, and even if I had, I would have believed that I would handle it better. Well, I believe God set me straight on that self-righteousness of mine. I'm glad I was humbled. I hold myself completely responsible, but I know the circumstances--I won't let other people judge me. Likewise I try not to judge others. Despite myself, I have been guilty of being self-righteous and judgmental, and of sexual sin and crime. If I have any more perspective or wisdom than anyone else, it is only because I have paid dearly for it; learned the hard way.

For those of you who naively buy into whatever they read or see on television, allow me to humbly suggest a little perspective. There are political and social agendas at foot, and in the end, they're really not about sex offenders, and definitely not about protecting children. Hitler's crusade against the Jews was really not about the Jews. While he did hate them, they were just his first target, because they were merely a conveniently vulnerable subclass he could exploit to get his terrible machinery in place. Christians, for instance, were equal on Hitler's hate list, but they were less vulnerable as an identifiable group--he couldn't make enemies with everyone at once. Because of Hitler and other ugly experiences, our society and laws make ethnic discrimination and genocide an unlikely vehicle for would-be tyrants and political opportunists. Enter the sex offender.

Anyway, here's a creedo for you true believers:

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

--Adolf Hitler

In all honesty, any posts made as replys that aren't regarding the OP's original topic should be banned. If VJ were to be a forum of any integrety. So when people search they can find answers and not page after page of hate posts

Any mods here?

You clearly do not understand the vibe of this VJ website. In all kindness and good intent, I recommend that you do more lurking and LESS posting for now. :whistle:

Edited by Hopp

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

SunDrop,

Really good insight in your post. Diverse opinions are what founded this country and thank God we have the right of freedom of speech.

Personally, I think the USA will be a better place when you're a USC and have the right to vote. Keep posting - you're right on the mark with your posts I've read.

Alan

P.S. When you become a USC you have to spell favour "favor"... :)

Aww, thank you! And yup, no more "u"s for me :D I was told by a total stranger during a recent trip, teasingly I think (!), I don't speak the right kind of English to go to a particular store someone was suggesting to me :blink: Where the heck does he think the 'right' kind of English came from? lol...

Voice your opinon to the Queen of England , would probably the proper place

Hey Alan? Will I need to drop the word "be" from my sentences, if following the word "probably"? What about spelling opinion with 2 "i"s?

Too bad we don't have the AWA, nor do we often charge statutory rape if it's 2 consenting (but underage) teenagers. And too bad the Queen doesn't pass laws...

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

SunDrop-

1) "be" is encouraged in certain sentences ie: "would probably "be" the proper place (just an arbitrary example I thought of).

2) Opinion (with 2 i's) is completely voluntary - when you take your Citizenship test they will confirm this!

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

SunDrop-

1) "be" is encouraged in certain sentences ie: "would probably "be" the proper place (just an arbitrary example I thought of).

2) Opinion (with 2 i's) is completely voluntary - when you take your Citizenship test they will confirm this!

Ahhh, thanks.

I didn't think the citizenship test left room for opinion :D And I've yet to find a USC by birth who can tell me who wrote the Star Spangled Banner...

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ahhh, thanks.

I didn't think the citizenship test left room for opinion :D And I've yet to find a USC by birth who can tell me who wrote the Star Spangled Banner...

Francis Scott Key

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Haven't people had to register as a sex offender for public urination or some nonsense like that? I don't exactly find that crime worthy of losing rights but meh whatever........

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-04

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-10-19

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-10-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-11-18

NVC Received : 2009-11-20

NVC Left : 2009-11-24

Consulate Received : 2009-12-04

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2009-12-05

Interview Date : 2010-01-04 Approved.

Planned POE: 2010-01-08

Aaah, but Francis Scott Key only wrote the words to "The Star-Spangled Banner." The tune is actually an 18th century British drinking song, "To Anacreon in Heaven." This little nugget of useless knowledge gives me no end of pleasure, because I am rather fond of drinking songs, and drinking as well.

And yes, I am just as smug a little know-it-all as you think. :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Aaah, but Francis Scott Key only wrote the words to "The Star-Spangled Banner." The tune is actually an 18th century British drinking song, "To Anacreon in Heaven." This little nugget of useless knowledge gives me no end of pleasure, because I am rather fond of drinking songs, and drinking as well.

And yes, I am just as smug a little know-it-all as you think. :D

LOL - don't suppose you've got the full 'lyrics' for 'To Anacreon in Heaven'?

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.