chickennrice444

I NEED ASSISTANCE

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We were both just so overly excited, that I didn't go through everything very meticulously, but I always had a very ominous feeling that it wouldn't get approved. He's my whole life, and I want to start our lives together, I just hit a wall.

I feel bad for you guys ( i have kids your ageses )

you say you hit a wall , thats exactly what it is for now ,

but if you realy want to be together as much as you say ,

you can break this wall by focusing on the next step instead of giving up that easy ,

you got another few month before the interview you got time to look for a cosponsor ,

you said no one in your family ever had to become a public charge so this meens you got family

are you 100% sure no one would help you with this ?

it doesnt even have to be a family member can be mr joe blow the hi good morning nice day bye person ,

but I wouldnt give up that easy live is not about giving up if you hit a wall ,

its about taking the next step to break that wall and move forward to overcome every obstacle that you might cross ,

it will make you a stronger person for your tomorrows future ,

everyone here on VJ we all have a wall to overcome sooner or later

but if we gave up we wouldnt have gave our selfs a chance to prove ,

not only to the USCIS but also to our selfs that we are truely stronger then we belive .

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I feel bad for you guys ( i have kids your ageses )

you say you hit a wall , thats exactly what it is for now ,

but if you realy want to be together as much as you say ,

you can break this wall by focusing on the next step instead of giving up that easy ,

you got another few month before the interview you got time to look for a cosponsor ,

you said no one in your family ever had to become a public charge so this meens you got family

are you 100% sure no one would help you with this ?

it doesnt even have to be a family member can be mr joe blow the hi good morning nice day bye person ,

but I wouldnt give up that easy live is not about giving up if you hit a wall ,

its about taking the next step to break that wall and move forward to overcome every obstacle that you might cross ,

it will make you a stronger person for your tomorrows future ,

everyone here on VJ we all have a wall to overcome sooner or later

but if we gave up we wouldnt have gave our selfs a chance to prove ,

not only to the USCIS but also to our selfs that we are truely stronger then we belive .

I dont want to give up. we have been together almost 2 years, too much is at stake to just quit. I'm not 100% sure my family won't help, my mom makes over that, but that is asking so much of her to do that. It's scary throwing yourself out there and being vulnerable and having no control. because as of right now, i dont have any control over this. and its unnerving asking for assistance from my mom. i dont even know how to ask

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Chickenrice...I don't know if I can add anything further than what the other posters have stated--but I can give you moral support.

The others are right, the government doesn't care about fair or future earnings...they are trying to insure against potential welfare recipients by making sure every immigrant is in a financially secure home and they won't be picking up another grocery bill/dr. bill/ subsidized apartment bill.

It sucks, I know. Seriously don't get too overwhelmed. Take a deep breath and make a list of EVERYONE you can think of that would qualify income-wise to co-sponsor. Then just start asking....the worse that can happen is they will tell you "no"...the best case scenario is that someone you didn't expect to be supportive will surprise you and say YES!

Are you a student, is that why you can't consider a second job? If you are a student you should research pell grants, scholarships and other financial aid as "income consideration."

I know it's not a technical post, but I hope it helps. :thumbs:

07-24-09 : MARRIED!!!

08-17-09 : I-130 Sent

08-24-09 : I-130 NOA1

09-24-09 : I-130 Approved

10-06-09 : NVC Received

10-17-09 : We Received DS-3032

10-19-09 : Returned Completed DS-3032

11-04-09 : Received IV Bill

11-05-09 : Paid IV Bill online

11-05-09 : Received Instruction Packet

11-21-09 : Paid I-864 fee online

11-19-09 : Received I-864 Package

11-20-09 : FedEx del. DS-230

11-23-09 : RFE on I-864

11-23-09 : Letter of Explanation sent covering dependent issue for RFE on I-864

11-25-09 : Letter Received by NVC

11-30-09 : Return Comp. I-864 signed for by J. Desmond

12-07-09 : Called NVC and they do not show receipt of DS-230 even thought it "may be in the building"

12-09-09 : RFE DS-230-Called NVC and found out we have an RFE on the DS-230, line 30....

12-10-09 : Overnighted RFE requested documents to NVC

12-28-09 : Flew to Lahore...couldn't stand being parted this long...two weeks with the hubby!!

01-05-10 : LOGIN FAILED!!

01-11-10 : Interview scheduled for Feb 4th!!! (doing the happy dance)

02-04-10 : APPROVED...but placed in AP

06-02-10 : STILL WAITING FOR VISA...will this ever be finished and we can finally be together?

07-09-10 : Visa Received!!!

07-17-10 : Arrived in the US safely via Chicago :-)

Timeline

omg!! Me & Sara just got our sponsor! i told you your mom would say yes!

thank all you guy who have taken time outta your lives to reply to us, we are verry thankful. :D

im sure we will be writing on here in the future about our progress.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

See! He's not giving up!!! Why should you be so willing so give up because you have to ask for help??? I know it seems so hard, but it's really not asking that much of her. Basically, she signs her name to a piece of paper. If everything goes well and he doesn't end up a public charge she'll basically never hear another thing about it.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
See! He's not giving up!!! Why should you be so willing so give up because you have to ask for help??? I know it seems so hard, but it's really not asking that much of her. Basically, she signs her name to a piece of paper. If everything goes well and he doesn't end up a public charge she'll basically never hear another thing about it.

She lets her emotions get the better of her somtimes. But i no she wouldnt want to give up on us. but everything should work out

just sooo happy about this. cant wait.

Timeline
She lets her emotions get the better of her somtimes. But i no she wouldnt want to give up on us. but everything should work out

I'm the same way, but she really needs to learn how to control them and not let them get the better of her. This journey is far from over, and you aren't even to the hard part yet.

I used to be impatient and hot headed. This process has beat me down so much now that I've learned to just roll with the punches and do my homework.

The best advice anyone here can give you is to read, read, read, read. And when you think you've filled out a form too many times, do it just once more. I always fill my forms out at least 3 to 4 times. I always find the mistakes that would have cost us months on the very last try.

Good luck.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

omg!! Me & Sara just got our sponsor! i told you your mom would say yes!

thank all you guy who have taken time outta your lives to reply to us, we are verry thankful. :D

im sure we will be writing on here in the future about our progress.

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you guys - so glad to hear that!

No matter what, don't lose hope!

Things will work out =)

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Timeline
I'm the same way, but she really needs to learn how to control them and not let them get the better of her. This journey is far from over, and you aren't even to the hard part yet.

I used to be impatient and hot headed. This process has beat me down so much now that I've learned to just roll with the punches and do my homework.

The best advice anyone here can give you is to read, read, read, read. And when you think you've filled out a form too many times, do it just once more. I always fill my forms out at least 3 to 4 times. I always find the mistakes that would have cost us months on the very last try.

Good luck.

THANKYOU. WE'LL BE FINE I NO IT.

Timeline
THANKYOU. WE'LL BE FINE I NO IT.

I think you will too. :)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Happy News!! Congratulations to you both.

07-24-09 : MARRIED!!!

08-17-09 : I-130 Sent

08-24-09 : I-130 NOA1

09-24-09 : I-130 Approved

10-06-09 : NVC Received

10-17-09 : We Received DS-3032

10-19-09 : Returned Completed DS-3032

11-04-09 : Received IV Bill

11-05-09 : Paid IV Bill online

11-05-09 : Received Instruction Packet

11-21-09 : Paid I-864 fee online

11-19-09 : Received I-864 Package

11-20-09 : FedEx del. DS-230

11-23-09 : RFE on I-864

11-23-09 : Letter of Explanation sent covering dependent issue for RFE on I-864

11-25-09 : Letter Received by NVC

11-30-09 : Return Comp. I-864 signed for by J. Desmond

12-07-09 : Called NVC and they do not show receipt of DS-230 even thought it "may be in the building"

12-09-09 : RFE DS-230-Called NVC and found out we have an RFE on the DS-230, line 30....

12-10-09 : Overnighted RFE requested documents to NVC

12-28-09 : Flew to Lahore...couldn't stand being parted this long...two weeks with the hubby!!

01-05-10 : LOGIN FAILED!!

01-11-10 : Interview scheduled for Feb 4th!!! (doing the happy dance)

02-04-10 : APPROVED...but placed in AP

06-02-10 : STILL WAITING FOR VISA...will this ever be finished and we can finally be together?

07-09-10 : Visa Received!!!

07-17-10 : Arrived in the US safely via Chicago :-)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Chickenrice...I don't know if I can add anything further than what the other posters have stated--but I can give you moral support.

The others are right, the government doesn't care about fair or future earnings...they are trying to insure against potential welfare recipients by making sure every immigrant is in a financially secure home and they won't be picking up another grocery bill/dr. bill/ subsidized apartment bill.

It sucks, I know. Seriously don't get too overwhelmed. Take a deep breath and make a list of EVERYONE you can think of that would qualify income-wise to co-sponsor. Then just start asking....the worse that can happen is they will tell you "no"...the best case scenario is that someone you didn't expect to be supportive will surprise you and say YES!

Are you a student, is that why you can't consider a second job? If you are a student you should research pell grants, scholarships and other financial aid as "income consideration."

I know it's not a technical post, but I hope it helps. :thumbs:

As a US taxpayer I do not agree that it sucks. It makes good sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Thanks for all your advice, i appreciate your help.

By May this year we should have around $5,000 saved. If i have that much in my savings account, would that help my case at all? With my fiances help I could have that much money saved, the only issue is I dont earn over the poverty line a year, but if I had that much saved would that change the cirumstances at all? Would they be more willingly to approve it, if I had that money saved?

I just want to make sure you know you need 125% of the poverty line, my fiance and i are going through the same thing you are.. i make enough now.. but last year i did not..so we are trying to figure out whats needed.. but you have to make about 19,000$ a year to be above the poverty line ( thats just a rounded number there is a site to find the actual amount)

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I dont want to give up. we have been together almost 2 years, too much is at stake to just quit. I'm not 100% sure my family won't help, my mom makes over that, but that is asking so much of her to do that. It's scary throwing yourself out there and being vulnerable and having no control. because as of right now, i dont have any control over this. and its unnerving asking for assistance from my mom. i dont even know how to ask

I can feel your pride and indepandance in your words ,

am the same way also tought my kids to never depand on anyone

but always know when there comes a time in life where you hit a wall

first place to go for comfort is on a mothers shoulder ,

even if you feel you dont want to burden your mom with your problems

a real mom would never feel that the child is a burden and will help no mather the consequances ,

as your mom just proved to you , am glad things worked out .

now my thoughts to you is no mather what comes down the road you have to stay calm ,

and read every detail on your next steps ( like prepare for medical , police cert , how to fill out the forms DS 156,DS 156k , DS 230 and so on )

read next steps to take once you get aproved , like how to apply for SSN, marriage cert , how and when to file for AOS

I know its alot of reading but it will give you the knowlege and prepare you for a smoother ride with USCIS

Edited by Lona.C.

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.