Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of sick babies...This is the second round of antibiotics this month for Sebas :(

At the beginning of the month he had a high fever that was not breaking after 5 days, so the doctor had him do a 5 day treatment with Azithromycin. Now, 10 days later...He is running a fever and very uncomfortable, I took him to the doctor...he has tonsilitis, and the doctor said he's got a lot of puss...blood work indicates a bacterial infection, so here we go again :crying:

Saludos,

Caro

Poor little guy :(

I've gotten tonsillitis a lot since I was little and till this day it still hits me hard. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Kelly

Hana and Zak both got a cold at 2 months. It totally sucked! I took Zak in because he coughed out brown gunk. Luckily all was well, but I got great suggestions from the nurse practioner to help them. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AFU: did any of you go through a stage where your toddler who loved the bath fights it hardcore the next day, for no reason at all? Hana has been exerting her two-ness in this respect for the past week. I am hoping this is just a phase.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Timeline

GREAT PRODUCT & SALE ALERT!!!

http://www.amazon.co...e_02/B002ZB82CU

I got this as a registry gift when Nick was born...some of my friends said I was 'paranoid' and this, in addition to the visual monitor seemed like classic Lisa-overkill, lol. BUT this item is the only reason I can sleep at night (well, that and the fact that Nick sleeps through the night). I cannot cannot cannot rec this product more than I already do.

It detects movement as slight as breathing. I have my handsets set to 'tick' (kinda like a metronome) as he moves. If God forbid there was no movement in the cradle, the machine goes ape-sh** with really loud beeps. There's a voice transmitter as well, so if he cries, we can hear it. Tells room temp as well, and you can set it to also go off if the temp broaches whatever temp you set as the max/min. I would deffo rec the deluxe version, as it has two sensor pads, and two remotes. We have been using it in his cradle, which is still in our room. He is getting to the point that he needs to be moved soon to his crib, so I'm thankful we have the two sensor pads to spread out underneath the crib mattress.

We got it a couple of weeks after he was born, and I can tell you that esp as a nervous first time mother, I sat up watching him sleep most nights. I'd listen for breathing, I'd randomly put my hand on his chest. The thread of SIDS just freaked me out, so it was a stressful time when I'd need to go to sleep. Once we got the machine, I was able to sleep soundly.

Not to mention the times when he naps, and I don't have to go in a zillion times to check on him, because I hear that lovely tick-tick-tick.

I occasionally take him out of the cradle and forget to turn the machine off. lol. It was funny when he wasn't sleeping thru the night, and the alarm would go off, and my hubby would get up all frenzied-zombie like. But I'm getting better.

This machine for me is really worth its weight in gold, and right now it's on sale at Amazon.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't get the Angelcare hype for a couple of reasons. 1. there's electricity running right under your baby. I wouldn't wanna sleep with my laptop in my bet, let alone my cell phone next to me so I won't put my baby on one of those things. 2. it gives a false sense of security as it doesn't prevent SIDS. If SIDS - god forbid - happens, babies will most likely not be revived. 3. I have heard it has a high rate of false alams, freaking parents out way too much.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A friend of mine had something similar to that, cause her daughter actually stopped breathing. She hated it, she only used it for a little while then she got rid of it. It would go off all the time for no reason. If the baby moved off it just a little it would go off freaking everyone out. She had lots of false alarms.

She decided that she would just have her daughter sleep in the living room till she outgrew the sleep apnea. That way she was always within sight.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

One of the science teachers I work with did SIDS research in his life prior to teaching. Besides removing suffocation hazards from their cribs and putting them to sleep on their backs, he told me it still can be a mystery why some infants succomb to it. I thought the risk dropped a lot after 6-8 months, but he told me it is more like 12-14 months. Anyway, I freaked more about milestones than that, after hearing all the other twin mommies talk about all the speech, occupational, and physical therapy their kids went through. Luckily, we have been blessed enough to avoid that.

A breakthrough tonight--Hana took a bath without fighting, after 2 weeks of screaming and tantrums! We had a wonderful trip to the park this afternoon. What a gorgeous afternoon in South Florida.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

I don't get the Angelcare hype for a couple of reasons. 1. there's electricity running right under your baby. I wouldn't wanna sleep with my laptop in my bet, let alone my cell phone next to me so I won't put my baby on one of those things. 2. it gives a false sense of security as it doesn't prevent SIDS. If SIDS - god forbid - happens, babies will most likely not be revived. 3. I have heard it has a high rate of false alams, freaking parents out way too much.

The sensor pad and cord are entirely passive. It carries no electrical current and doesn't radiate any form of energy...I had the same concern before I put it on my registry, but I did check it out beforehand. I really don't think there's a mother out there who wouldn't have a problem with putting her baby on something which carries electricity. :bonk:

Of course it doesn't prevent SIDS, if I gave off that impression, I apologize. What it does do though is it would let me know right away if he stopped breathing, God forbid.

And the only time I have ever had false alarms is when I take him out of it and forget to shut it off, lol. My poor hubby! I dunno, maybe it's a problem for other parents, but it has been a Godsend to me.

But hey, it might not be for everyone - I just thought I'd give a heads up.

Edited by Lisa C

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We have the angel care. We did not get many false alarms and the actual sound device is very sensitive (too sensitive sometimes - I could hear the noise of the sheets moving when he would move while sleeping!). We didn't use it a lot because we ended up cosleeping, but we set it up a couple of times for naps and at the beginning of the night where we would leave him sleeping and Justin and I would spend some time outside in our yard's patio. I just got into the mindset that the alarm means "Go check on the baby, make sure he's ok" rather than "he's not breathing!" - The first message is always on my mind, so no change there...but the alarm would freak the life out of Justin. The first night he heard it he got up and ran so fast he almost knocked me over. Poor hubby :luv:

now that he is older we just use it on sound only mode when needed.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

As Lisa explained, there is no current running under your baby. I thought that was apparent.

If any parent thinks monitors in and of themselves prevent SIDS, then they may be not be bright enough to be parents. (Sperm meeting egg does not count.)

Any monitor can give 'false alarms' - where you think you hear something you don't (or vice versa). Its up to the parents whether or not they want to be 'freaked out', isn't it? We don't even use a monitor anymore. If she wakes and wants something, we hear her. If she doesn't and we are concerned, she's a heavy enough sleeper where we can easily check on her w/out waking her. But to each his own right?

Even though I don't use a monitor, I think it was nice of Lisa to share the link. If you think the monitor is #######, don't buy it.

SA4userbar.jpg

As Lisa explained, there is no current running under your baby. I thought that was apparent.

If any parent thinks monitors in and of themselves prevent SIDS, then they may be not be bright enough to be parents. (Sperm meeting egg does not count.)

Any monitor can give 'false alarms' - where you think you hear something you don't (or vice versa). Its up to the parents whether or not they want to be 'freaked out', isn't it? We don't even use a monitor anymore. If she wakes and wants something, we hear her. If she doesn't and we are concerned, she's a heavy enough sleeper where we can easily check on her w/out waking her. But to each his own right?

Even though I don't use a monitor, I think it was nice of Lisa to share the link. If you think the monitor is #######, don't buy it.

Thank you Tracy, I'm glad someone saw it the same way I did.

Perhaps it was unintentional, but the statement 'I wouldn't want my child sleeping on something which carries electricity' is so hurtful. As if I would? That's the implication I see. It's the mommy olympics that I talked about earlier....

I've overlooked a lot in this thread that I could probably get offended about. I have kept my mouth shut out of wanting to preserve the harmony here....but truth be told, I don't quite feel the same acceptance here that I do in the British Bun thread in the UK forum. In this thread, I've had to defend my c-section, defend my breastfeeding, and now, I've had to actually state that I wouldn't put my child to sleep on something which carries electricity! I'm sure it was unintentional, if not I prefer to see it as such, but I get enough of that in my rl so I don't really need it here too.

I was trying to do something nice, which was to alert those who may be interested in it that they could save some money. You like monitors? Great! You don't like them? Great! I wasn't trying to start a line of thought which pretty much calls to question my judgment as a mother as to something which would put my child in danger of any kind. What next? I'm ok with him sleeping over a functioning microwave?

Congrats to all the new mommies...thanks to those who have offered me great advice and support.

eta: I am not trying to cause a stir or a fight here, and have only chimed up here because the comment bothered me so much, I actually couldn't get it out of my head all night. I probs need a break from this thread for a while, heh.

Edited by Lisa C

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Lisa, I thought it was kind of you to post about the sale. SIDS scared me to death, but we could never afford one of those sensory monitors. We had a monitor for just regular noises. SIDS is so bizarre, you can do everything right so to speak, but some babies succumb to it. As I once told a good friend of mine - for these two years Enzo lives on God's Will alone, not mine.

And yes, sometimes I have felt judged in the Baby Corner for not bfing even though I couldn't; for having a csection even though it was an emergency; and not using cloth diapers. You name it I feel like I'm a bad mommy. Yet, I stick around cuz I love to see all the babies being born or how big everyone is getting. It's just good times around here.

<sigh>

OK so my wife is 22 weeks this weekend and my friends who recently had babies (recently=last two years) are all emailing me and my wife coupons and deals for diapers, telling us to stock up.

I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. Isn't this wayyyyyyyy too early? I was just looking at an offer on the website of a local grocery store - they are offering 50USD savings bonds for every 100USD of Pampers I buy but only if I buy them NOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOW.

/end rant

Edited by \

Lisa, I thought it was kind of you to post about the sale. SIDS scared me to death, but we could never afford one of those sensory monitors. We had a monitor for just regular noises. SIDS is so bizarre, you can do everything right so to speak, but some babies succumb to it. As I once told a good friend of mine - for these two years Enzo lives on God's Will alone, not mine.

And yes, sometimes I have felt judged in the Baby Corner for not bfing even though I couldn't; for having a csection even though it was an emergency; and not using cloth diapers. You name it I feel like I'm a bad mommy. Yet, I stick around cuz I love to see all the babies being born or how big everyone is getting. It's just good times around here.

<sigh>

Thank you for the kind words- I really appreciate it. I know the feeling you're talking about. I do like to see the babies being born, and I'm sure it's not the last time I'll post! As an aside, I reallyreallyreally don't mean for it to sound like one of those AW posts crying out for 'DON'T GO!' responses. Just wanting to share my reasons for such.

Btw, I meant 'formula feeding' not 'breast feeding' in my post. I've actually been questioned privately already about that, so I came back to clarify!

G, I was in the same predicament. My q's were 'how much of each size do I buy?' It's a gamble.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

OK so my wife is 22 weeks this weekend and my friends who recently had babies (recently=last two years) are all emailing me and my wife coupons and deals for diapers, telling us to stock up.

I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. Isn't this wayyyyyyyy too early? I was just looking at an offer on the website of a local grocery store - they are offering 50USD savings bonds for every 100USD of Pampers I buy but only if I buy them NOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOW.

/end rant

I think it's a little early, but if the coupons don't expire anytime soon, just stock up on the coupons for when you do buy. In my experience when pregnant and with people I know who are pregnant, I got my first diapers at my baby shower. I was about 28 weeks pregnant. My cousin who is pregnant just bought some diapers she said,and she is somewhere around 27-28 weeks. I had quite a few baby outfits, blankets, cute stuff from early on. Diapers came later. I think I hardly used coupons because we mostly bought generic, a lot cheaper.

(We had my shower earlier than usual because really good friends of mine had their baby at 33 weeks a year or so before, so she missed her shower. So, many of us felt earlier showers were better overall in case of those situations.)

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord