Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

holy cow $31 for 1/2 oz!!?? nah I think I'll let him get the shot. It's a very thin needle and no complications. I wish they would just have the oral stuff everywhere. Plus my coworkers would pick on me forever if I bring my own and refuse the injection. I was considering to get some at the hospital where I worked when I was in Germany but I wasn't sure about the shelf life of that stuff/trasnporting it to the US. It's more of a hassle than its worth.

Ben can't go to pre-school either before he is 3 and potty trained. But that doesn't work with our schedules anyway. If we add that to the cost of the babysitter then I'd have to spend my entire paycheck on childcare. I hope I'll get a chance to drop down to part time when the baby is born, it would be so much easier with childcare.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Timeline

Stef, if *you're* paying the sitter, it's not her place to make suggestions you're not comfortable with. She's getting paid to watch your son...not to mutlitask and take him along when he runs her errands. If I were you, and uncomfortable with it, I'd politely say 'we discussed it and we'd prefer him to be home when you're watching him.' Nuff said!

Sorry about Tday *sigh* that sucks!

Timeline

Stef, if *you're* paying the sitter, it's not her place to make suggestions you're not comfortable with. She's getting paid to watch your son...not to mutlitask and take him along when he runs her errands. If I were you, and uncomfortable with it, I'd politely say 'we discussed it and we'd prefer him to be home when you're watching him.' Nuff said!

Sorry about Tday *sigh* that sucks!

thanks! I will talk to her. She is great with him and I'd like to keep her happy because she is in charge of the most important thing in my life. You're right I'm really not comfortable with her driving him around other than the park/library etc so I will have to address that. ugh. So much responsibility. It's like it was yesterday when I was babysitting other people's kids and now it's the other way around, that feels so weird. :blush: Thanks for your input!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef, I dont even want Zaid in the car with my own family, lol. I would set boundaries, you dont wanna be worrying all day.

We got the dresser and finally assembled it for Salmas room. I will say overall im happy with it. Espresso wood is tough bc any knick or scratch is SO visible so there are a few imperfections, but i am a perfectionist so I guess it turned out ok. My sister in law helped Sofyan assemble it and put 2 off the pieces wrong, it doesnt affect anything on the structure of the dresser it just makes 4 silver bolt heads visible. In order to fix it the entire dresser needs to be disassembled so hubby and I are gonna see if we can find some plugs or something to put in the holes to hide them. If not, I guess ill have to live with it. Again, im a perfectionist so its not easy to do, lol.

I had a doctor appt today. I wanted to ask all of you. My entire pregnancy my BP has never been above 118/78. Well last week during my glucose test it was 120/84 and my OB made my chart high risk and put "chronic hypertension" I know 84 is "prehypertensive" but to consider my chronically hypertensive with only one high reading just baffles me. What do you all think? I thought chronic meant all the time? I dont want to be considered high risk lol

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Kelly: Wow that assessment is just not right! And I also wonder, did they measure correctly? You are supposed to sit for at least 5 minutes, the arm should be at heart level and be held on an armrest or by a nurse (don't tighten muscles) and it should be retaken after a couple minutes if it seems high. Your numbers were completely normal still. Especially if you were talking about stuff, just recently moving, or the good old white coat effect. The latter one usually affects me, which is why I have my own decent bp monitor at home (you want one that has an armcuff in the right size, not an arm monitor, but one that you inflate and that hence correctly measures, those lower arm/wrist devices are no good). With my midwives I feel so at ease that I don't even have white coat effect. Anyways, those numbers don't make you chronically hypertensive. It would bother me, especially since true PIH is a concern, but this doesn't sound like it at all and can lead to all kinds of induction pressure without a true reason. I would address it at my next visit, and also go to Walmart/Target and get a good bp monitor. This website summarizes it neatly: http://www.dummies.c...-correctly.html (I have found that most doctor's offices do a very POOR job measuring bp correctly!)

I have one of those kind of things: http://www.amazon.com/ADC-Advantage-Manual-Pressure-Monitor/dp/B000WHR9XW it is easy to use, not digital, but that leaves less room for error. You can always see if it is calibrated correctly at the doctor's office. Those supermarket things are never calibrated so they're off.

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Usually they classify you PIH if you are significantly off from your normal bp. I was usually 120/80 then about 28 weeks it got higher. When I was 140/90 I got sent to the hospital for 3 days. It came back to 120/80 with bedrest. So... I got put on pretty strict bedrest. Just a few helpful hints if they didn't tell you -- when you are resting, try laying as much as you can on your left side. It helps with blood flow. I know when I had high readings at the doctor's office, they would have me lay down on my left side for five min and recheck twice. Just know it is better to be watched. I went from 135/80 On Chriistmas Eve 2008 to 170/90 the day after Christmas at the peri's office. Luckily my mom was with me because he would have made me go across the parking lot in an ambulance if I was alone.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

so today i say to nessa - baby boy is snoring. nessa says "he's got a cold, his nose is constipated." :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Kelly: nah that doesn't sound right if this is the first BP that is a little elevated. They should retake it anyway. I would discuss that with the doc maybe he can tell you why they would do that. It's weird that there was no explanation and they just made you a highg risk without giving you any information.

I am so lucky, I get to see my midwife/doc at work every day. I did a c/section this am with the midwife and doctor, and they always ask me how I'm doing so every question I have they answer immediately and they are so nice. I am just so glad that I have found an OB team who is so nice and so good at what they're doing.

How far along are you now? I think I totally lost track of time and the weeks. Today was the first day that I feel "pregnant". My legs are swollen and my pelvis is so unstable I waddle and limp every time I get up from a chair.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

Ugh yeah balance - I didn't notice that it shifted, but yesterday I tried some games on the Wii Fit Plus and boy my balance shifted! I cannot play the skiing games anymore! Crazy!

I'm 29 weeks now, nothing is swollen, but sleeping is horribly hard. Food keeps coming up my esophagus, the diaphragm isn't shutting anymore. As soon as I assume a non-upright position, it keeps coming up, yikes. So I sleep on 4 pillows to be in a semi-sitting position. I don't think this happened with Jona at all. I just had heartburn the last 10 days.

I still have to buy the co-sleeper and the swing... Craigslist is a no-go here, there is like nothing on there. I checked Colorado/Denver too, but even there they still want $85-$90 for a used swing without any warranties... That is not worth it to me. I rather spend $30 extra and have warranty! The only places that ever sold stuff for cheap on CL were NYC and San Fran... I mean here they try to charge you $15 for a used Bumgenius diaper (used diapers are ok, you just wash them), but this thing costs new $18, why on earth would I spend so much on used (elastic and velcro wears out over time, so used should be cheaper, unless it was used like once). People are really cut-throat these days. I wouldn't dare to charge so much for a clearly used product! And, I purchased Bumgenius diapers (they are one size diapers, adjustable) as factory seconds for $12 a piece - that's brandnew and just has an irregular seam here or there, but you really gotta search for the imperfection before you find it!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sam got his first tooth!!!! He's now 5 month old (yesterday) Last night he was super tired, has a runny nose, cough and sneese and up every 30 mins screaming - poor him.. and poor me didnt get sleep at all :crying: I'm taking him to the doctor today.

Ladies, What is your take on Benedryle for a baby.. he is about 19-20 lbs but he's 5 months old and the box said do not give it to children under 2 years old. I'm consider Benedryle becasue I think he has allergy and becasue we are flying. I am not going to give it to him if he's fine, but I want an option in case he cries and couldnt sleep (on our longest 17 hrs leg) the total trip is 27 hrs and I will be alone taking care of him. Do you have any other recommendation?

LOL @ Nessa's constipated remark :lol:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

@ anya: Benadryl should only be given when he has allergies and if directed by a doctor if the child is under 2 years old. I know people recommend to give it to children during flights, but that can backfire big time. Some children react with hyperactivity to Benadryl, and also, it's dangerous, it can have really bad effects. It is super hard to fly with a toddler who is walking and active - but a breastfeeding infant is much easier. I just nursed Jona and he slept for a long time when he was 8 months old. A toddler is the true challenge when flying! And still then, I was super exhausted, Jona did good overall, but I worked hard on entertaining him, some people will still be bothered. But that is nothing for you to worry about. They have to get over themselves, if they don't want to fly with children, then they should book first class. If they cannot afford it, then don't complain about flying 3rd class with children, chatty young adults, sweaty stinky people, really big people who are basically sitting on your lap (had that happen)... Flying coach is not a luxury trip and people really need to start acting like adults and accept that and be nice to parents. Most parents are trying hard to keep their child from screaming! And as long as the parents are trying, I don't see anything wrong. It's a different story if there is a 10 year old bugging people and the parents don't do anything about it. So please don't worry too much about screaming or other people! Don't drug you child to make other people feel better. I know it is hard. I flew 4 times with Jona this year, twice alone (and one was the transatlantic flight with a layover in Chicago).

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm with anna on the benadry. I wouldn't do it. It'll also take some time for it to show it's effects and maybe your little man is already asleep by then. It's also different in the air I guess, just like you react different to alcohol in high altitude. At five months they should be rather easy. Adam was eight months when we took him on his first trip and that was ok, he was very busy tough. I think the worst age to fly is between 18 months and two years...They just don't care about anything. T hey don't have any attention span, they have no understanding of being quiet or sitting still. Next time we'll be flying Allie will be 2.5 years and Adam will be just about four. I'm not scared of flying anymore. I know they'll be good and I just have to keep them busy somehow.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have to give Zaid benadryl due to food allergies and I will say he is one of the kids that benadryl does the opposite. He gets wired and hyperactive. We only use it in emergency situations and I would never recommend it in a 5 month old. (Zaid had his first dose after he was a year old)

Stef, I am also 29 weeks. I believe Anna and I are due the same day if im not mistaken? (Feb 6th) My OB is keeping an eye on Salma bc they dont want me to deliver another 9lb whopper after the hard time I had with Zaid. (3 hrs of pushing and having to vaccum him out) So the doctor is thinking I will deliver around 39 weeks. I dont want to be induced so Im hoping my body figures it out on its own (something it never did with Zaid) I want a "birth" experience, you know, water breaks, contractions are 2 mins apart, yada yada" With Zaid it was 9 days past my due date, 3 full days of contractions being 20 mins apart, waterbag in tact, and finally taking myself to the hospital bc I was so tired. I was 6cm when I arrived at the hospital and my body still would not have regular contractions so Pitocin and the doc breaking my water was what it took. Im not against intervening I just want my body to do it itself this time..

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

I want a "birth" experience, you know, water breaks, contractions are 2 mins apart, yada yada"

You do? :lol: No just kidding. I get what you mean, though I hope they didn't do to you what the did to me at the hospital. Even though my contractions were 2-3 mins apart, I had not dilated so they SENT ME HOME and told me to come back when I was screaming the walls down in agony (gee thanks). Get home - 3 hours later, my water breaks. Cost me an extra $100 copay from insurance for the two admits. I was pissed needless to say and did question the nurse before she sent me (as did my hubby and my mom) but she knew best...!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Kelly: I wanted that birth experience with Allie too. In the end I'm glad it didn't happen cause I think I might have had her in the car on the way to the hospital then or even at home, 40 minutes away from the next hospital (we lived in the country back then LOL). In the end I had my waters broken and after 40mins Allie was born. It was superfast and I'm not sad about being in a clean hospital bed when it happened.

I'm wishing you that you'll get that birth experience you want.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019