cmccull809

tourist visa for my brother

14 posts in this topic

Hi i am a usc and i have a 12 year old brother in the phillipines. Most of my family are still in the philippines. I wanted him to visit us here in US. What should i do to help to make his visit possible? do i need to have my father accompany my brother since his under 18 years old? I also filed a Petition for my mom to get here. If she gets approved, can my brother come along with her through a tourist visa? and then my brother can come back after 6 months. What should i do? Can anyone please give me an advice. or anyone in thesame situation. Help me please. Thank you!

Edited by cmccull809

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

it is always amazing to me that people from 3rd world countries can take 6 month visits to USA, even when they are 12 years old, and are supposed to be in school. i guess people in 3rd world don't have jobs or school or anythign else they have to be home to do.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

it is always amazing to me that people from 3rd world countries can take 6 month visits to USA, even when they are 12 years old, and are supposed to be in school. i guess people in 3rd world don't have jobs or school or anythign else they have to be home to do.

FYI. It doesn't really mean that my brother has to stay here in US for 6 months. He is in school and of course he has education he has to worry about it. If he has to travel he has to do it on school breaks. Does that makes sense to you? People from third world country have jobs and schools just so you know. Education is a big deal in the philippines. The Filipino culture highly regards Education as an important factor to be successful in life. There are colleges in the Philippines that consistently made it to the list as top universities of the world and in Asia.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

There's nothing you can do apart from writing a well-worded letter of invitation.

He will be given his B2 visa on his own merits. He could get the visa if he demonstrates overwhelming ties to PI that would compel him to return -- such as school, both his parents live there, etc.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

There's nothing you can do apart from writing a well-worded letter of invitation.

He will be given his B2 visa on his own merits. He could get the visa if he demonstrates overwhelming ties to PI that would compel him to return -- such as school, both his parents live there, etc.

Thank you for the advice! I appreciate it.:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You're welcome. Good luck.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

you're so rude and a racist!!! don't you know that a lot of filipinos excel in many fields? and by the way, your country wont be rich without the help of skilled workers from what you called 3rd world countries. be considerate of our feelings!!!

Edited by Mario&Cath

mario and cath

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I think cmcull was asking for suggestion not your rude comment!! If you can't give a suggestion just keep your comments to yourself. What difference does it make if one lives in so called "3rd world" or "1st world?" Besides people who live in so called "3rd world" are much happier than people in 1st world! GODDDDD some people and their mentally. :bonk::bonk:

Yes, I think your father needs to go with your brother because he is only 12 and might need their consent aswell. Good luck (F)

I-129: 4/1/09

NOA1: 4/2/09

NOA2: 8/31/09

LEFT NVC: 9/4/09

Packet 3 SENT: 9/23/09

Packet 4: 10/12/09

Interview: 11/17/09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Judgmental comments are inappropriate and provide no useful information. If you do not have something of use to add to the discussion, please do not add anything at all.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
you're so rude and a racist!!! don't you know that a lot of filipinos excel in many fields? and by the way, your country wont be rich without the help of skilled workers from what you called 3rd world countries. be considerate of our feelings!!!

i was gonna remark that america is rich because this country has a great deal of natural resources, a low population density, and is geographically seperated from areas impacted by the first and second world wars. also, it has few areas of inhospitable climate that can be detrimental to societal development, and a system of government (a republic) that tends to encourage economic growth, but since this wouldn't add anything to the discussion, i guess i shouldn't.

perhaps i would be allowed to point out that i am married to a chinese, so it's not likely that i am a racist.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
i was gonna remark that america is rich because this country has a great deal of natural resources, a low population density, and is geographically seperated from areas impacted by the first and second world wars. also, it has few areas of inhospitable climate that can be detrimental to societal development, and a system of government (a republic) that tends to encourage economic growth, but since this wouldn't add anything to the discussion, i guess i shouldn't.

perhaps i would be allowed to point out that i am married to a chinese, so it's not likely that i am a racist.

"it is always amazing to me that people from 3rd world countries can take 6 month visits to USA, even when they are 12 years old, and are supposed to be in school. i guess people in 3rd world don't have jobs or school or anythign else they have to be home to do."

Hey Justashooter, you are such a rude and arrogant person. Dont judge people based on where they are from. "people from 3rd world countries can take 6 months visits to usa" so what, what s wrong with it. They can come here for school. ok idiot. they dont come here to burden your "rich" country .Btw, i wonder if you have China in the list of your "3rd world" countries? You must be a very generous person to bring her to your "rich" country! i guess!!! :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Good luck with your process....

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi i am a usc and i have a 12 year old brother in the phillipines. Most of my family are still in the philippines. I wanted him to visit us here in US. What should i do to help to make his visit possible? do i need to have my father accompany my brother since his under 18 years old? I also filed a Petition for my mom to get here. If she gets approved, can my brother come along with her through a tourist visa? and then my brother can come back after 6 months. What should i do? Can anyone please give me an advice. or anyone in thesame situation. Help me please. Thank you!

Mother Father and little brother ??????????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.