Beth wa Salim

The Blonde Lady gets a gold star.......We're APPROVED!!!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salam again everyone!

The news for us from Casablanca this morning was wonderful.....we were APPROVED for our K-1 visa!!!! I was only able to talk with Salim for a short while, but I will try to tell you what I remember:

He had the blonde lady, so he started off feeling even a little more nervous. She asked him to tell her about where I was born, when my father finished his Air Force enlistment, what schools I had attended, and some information about Maine , the city where I live, and some towns surrounding it. I guess she gave him a few smiles during the interview, and he was able to relax a little, although at one point she asked him if he was nervous, and when he answered "yes", she said something like, "You don't have any reason to be." He answered all of her questions, and corrected himself when he made a mistake about one date. I guess she laughed at him and said, "I think if I ask you to tell me about your fiancee, you could talk all day!" LOL So in the end she told him that we are approved, and they will call him to come and pick up his passport and visa.

I want to thank each of you who has been so encouraging to us along this journey, answering questions and offering prayers, and especially to my sweet new friend Paula, who was also approved this morning. We kept each other company on the phone last night for several hours before getting a few winks and awaiting the news. Hamdulillah, I am so happy to report that we received good news, and I will continue to pray for all of the couples who are waiting to be reunited with their loved ones. As soon as I am able to talk with Salim and get all of the details, I will post a full interview review on my profile. I know it helped us tremendously to read of others' experiences with the consulate, and we'd like to "pay it forward".

Thanks once again for all your prayers.

~Beth & Salim

Edited by Beth wa Salim

Do you see how big the sea is?

Do you see how big the sea is? My love for you is as big as the sea.

Do you see how far the sky is? My love for you is as far as the sky.

As big as the sea and as far as the sky I love you,

I waited for you, I called upon you, I drew you on the promenades,

You sorrow of my life, you tears of the flowers, you season of the birds,

How vast the forest is, my heart is as vast as the forest.

You who are drawn on my door, and drawn in my heart,

I waited for you a year, and throughout the year I would ask the walnut trees,

and I would see you in the sunny days, coming from the sunny days, and lost in the almond leaves,

How small is a tear, and I am just a tear in your way,

I want to vow a candle so that you would let me love you.

Fayrouz's song

K-1 Visa

AOS,EAD,AP.

Greencard Received : 2010/10/02

Date AP Received : 2010-10-04

Date EAD Card Received : 2010-10-06

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Birthday Salim! And congrats to the both of you! :angry::dance::dance::dance:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

congratulations :dance: what a wonderful birthday present :dancing:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Beth! Congratulations! Oh my!!!! Happy Birthday to Salim! I prayed and worried all night for you two! Yay!!! God bless! I swear, I just shouted "APPROVED!" in my work office now and my coworker looked at me as if I wasn't all there... :)

moroccantea.jpg

Beth , let me congratulate you on your thread of good news also!!! I had left congrats in other thread...sorry!

May you and Salim reunite as soon as possible. Hopefully he will be able to come soon!!

I do believe that God had his hand on our outcome, and for that we must be grateful!!

Thank you again for the support , and great chemistry we had!!

Hope to speak to you again, and become great friends!!

Sincerely-

~~Paula and Abdel ~~~

Erase the image on how you thought your life would turn out- and start living the life you are living!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

fantastic news! when's his flight???

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations!

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think you all are one in a million!!!! Congrats!!! :thumbs:

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Congratulations! I just love hearing good news out of Casablanca. Let's hope the approvals keep coming for all VJ members.

:thumbs:

Jackie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.