mark89134

Medical Exam and Vaccinations

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife will have her interview (AOS Green Card) soon and we are confused over which shots she needs...and every civil surgeon we have talked to has a different answer, and immigration has none. She is here on the K-1 visa, and had vaccinations and a medical exam overseas in June of 2009. She was told that this is what she needed. After several calls to doctors here, we went to one located next to the local immigration center here. They were also unsure of the needed shots, if any...and suggested that we just go to the interview with her exam copy and yellow pamplet of vaccinations...and if they needed anything else, they would send us back to them for the requested shots or tests, and that this would not delay her Green card as long as we sent back the needed papers to immigration in the proper time frame, thus sending her the green card after this is done. Does this make sense or sound within reason? No one seems to have a sound, firm answer. Thank you so much.

So you have an interview date set?

If they had an issue with the vaccinations, they would of gotten them taken care of prior to making an interview.

The shots needed are listed on the CDC website (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/laws_regs/fed_reg/vaccine/revised-fact-sheet.pdf)

Check your information with this and you will see if you need any shots. (note that HPV and Zoster are no longer required) - if you need some, I would recommend you get them prior to going to the interview.

Didn't she get a vaccination card from her medical for the K-1? Did you submit a I-693 (vaccination supplement) with your AOS?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
So you have an interview date set?

If they had an issue with the vaccinations, they would of gotten them taken care of prior to making an interview.

The shots needed are listed on the CDC website (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/laws_regs/fed_reg/vaccine/revised-fact-sheet.pdf)

Check your information with this and you will see if you need any shots. (note that HPV and Zoster are no longer required) - if you need some, I would recommend you get them prior to going to the interview.

Didn't she get a vaccination card from her medical for the K-1? Did you submit a I-693 (vaccination supplement) with your AOS?

Yes, we do have an interview appointment date...and she did get the vaccination card (yellow booklet) after receiving the shots overseas. We never heard anything or received any RFEs or requests for furthur vaccinations before the interview. I have also heard that a person's age is also a factor, but I am not positive. We also did not submit a I-693 with our AOS package, but I am also not sure of what may have been in the "brown envelope". The last doctor's office we spoke to suggested that we just go ahead to the interview, and if they want additional shots or information transcribbed to the I-693, they will simply let us know, and therefore we may not have to get unneeded shots or exams...we would just get what additional things they want and send in the paperwork to USCIS to finish the process. I just don't want any extreme issues with her interview. I appreciate your help very much!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the same boat as you are with regards to the vaccinations. Before my AOS interview I was worried about the vaccinations but I told myself not to worry coz the others are right, I shouldve gotten an RFE if they needed more.

Last friday I just had my AOS interview (Jan 21) and everything went well. Except that they needed me to complete some supplemental vaccinations and told us to just drop it off and then the IO said he'll give us a decision (which my husband and I know we're gonna get 100% approved) Hey we already got 2 babies (lol!) and all our papers are legit and we answered all his questions. They gave us 30 days to do it. Im sure you guys will be fine!

196188127487012014_PK34VwmE_b.jpg

Timeline
I am in the same boat as you are with regards to the vaccinations. Before my AOS interview I was worried about the vaccinations but I told myself not to worry coz the others are right, I shouldve gotten an RFE if they needed more.

Last friday I just had my AOS interview (Jan 21) and everything went well. Except that they needed me to complete some supplemental vaccinations and told us to just drop it off and then the IO said he'll give us a decision (which my husband and I know we're gonna get 100% approved) Hey we already got 2 babies (lol!) and all our papers are legit and we answered all his questions. They gave us 30 days to do it. Im sure you guys will be fine!

Thank you much! I will probably do the same since there was no RFE. But did you have your vaccination record transferred to the I-693 form before the interview? Thanks again!

If you didn't get an RFE, don't get any more shots now. They will tell you at the interview if you need any. Obviously, the doctors are telling you to get them, they make good money on them.

I would suggest waiting, my guess is that you will get approved without needing any more.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
If you didn't get an RFE, don't get any more shots now. They will tell you at the interview if you need any. Obviously, the doctors are telling you to get them, they make good money on them.

I would suggest waiting, my guess is that you will get approved without needing any more.

I have the same problem. Well, I don't have an interview date yet, but I think I need some shots. My husband wants to go to the doctor, but I think we can wait. This is very complicated, and the worst part, is that doctors want to charge a lot of money.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Better wait til you know what is needed.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Timeline
I have the same problem. Well, I don't have an interview date yet, but I think I need some shots. My husband wants to go to the doctor, but I think we can wait. This is very complicated, and the worst part, is that doctors want to charge a lot of money.

Thank you and everyone for your help. We had our interview today and it went fine and we passed. The shots that my wife had were the TD, Varicella, and MMR...the additional shot that we needed was the supplemental MMR shot, which cannot be given right after the first one anyway, there is a six month waiting period. This was all they needed for the AOS interview. My wife is 44 years old and some of the shots are age dependent. She had her medical exam about seven months ago in China, so that was fine...and the I.O. didn't ask for it anyway...only the vaccinations. Thank you again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.