Dacko

Too all of us waiting in line - our wait just got a little longer

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This angers me beyond words.......

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/americas/h...ry/1436831.html

So I guess the USCIS can expedite and work the books to see paperwork faster if you meet a certain criteria (as in breaking immigration law and being here illegally)...but for those of us that have been following the rules and waiting - stand in line.

absolutely embarrassing.

This is wrong on so many levels, I dont know where to start.

05-21-2009 filed I-129F (check was not cashed for quite some time)

08-21-2009 contacted Senator's Office

09-01-2009 Petition received, NOA1 sent (finally)

10-09-2009 Petition approved, NOA2 sent

10-16-2009 NVC received

10-26-2009 NVC sent back to USCIS((( their reason: a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

No RFE has been sent or received, no updates given, all trails end with recording or operator/officer who says must wait 180 days

1-26-2010 this will be the 90 day mark of the "review", I was told I can call back and issue a formal complaint if the case has not been touched by this date.

Still, we keep hope alive - I love her so much for staying strong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This angers me beyond words.......

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/americas/h...ry/1436831.html

So I guess the USCIS can expedite and work the books to see paperwork faster if you meet a certain criteria (as in breaking immigration law and being here illegally)...but for those of us that have been following the rules and waiting - stand in line.

absolutely embarrassing.

This is wrong on so many levels, I dont know where to start.

yeah, I know. I mean all we would have to do is arange for a devasting earthquake to kill hundreds of thousands of poeple in, say Kiev, and then WE wouldn't have to wait. What a rip off. Because, really, the important thing here is not human lives or that people have no where to live, the important thing is that WE are waiting. :crying:

Looky here, stop whining or marry the girl next door...no waiting.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Local immigrant advocacy groups say that between 34,000 and 68,000 potential TPS applicants may be in South Florida and almost 100,000 statewide. They had earlier pegged the number of Haitians eligible for TPS at 30,000 nationwide.

USCIS officials said they are increasing staffs at various offices and service centers where applications are processed to expedite decisions.

The goal is to fast-track work permits for applicants, delivering them within 90 days or sooner, said USCIS' Mayorkas. TPS applicants typically wait six months.

``All applications will be treated as urgent,'' he said.

Authorization to work is a key priority for the majority of undocumented Haitians, particularly now that they are desperate to send money to relatives affected by last week's earthquake.

This is terrific. What a great plan. Current unemployment rate in Florida.

I-129f
11-03-2009 I-129F Sent out to VSC via USPS.
11-17-09 Check Cashed.
11-23-2009 NOA-1 Hard copy received.
2-26-2010 NOA-2 on USCIS Dashboard.
03-02-2010 NVC recieved our petition.
03-08-2010 NOA-2 hard copy received
03-08-2010 Snail mail notice from NVC
03-14-2010 Called Manila Embassy and scheduled interview.
03-15-2010 Fiancee going to apply for JP police certificate(race to get before interview).
4-6-2010 Fiancee went for first day at St. Lukes medical (please no sputum test).
4-7-2010 Medical complete all was successful. :D
4-20-2010 Police certificate received.
04-29-2010 Approved!!!
05-5-2010 Visa delivered.
05-7-2010 Cfo seminar complete/sticker received.
05-24-2010 POE Detroit. :D
06-08-2010 Married. :D

AOS
07-27-2010 Packet sent USPS.
08-08-2010 NOA1 I-485,I-765 arrive via usps.
09-?-? Forget the date but EAD and Interview notice received.
10-19-2010 Interview scheduled.
10-19-2010 AOS approved. :D
10-28-2010 Green Card received. :D (nothing to do but live for 2 years :D)

I-751
10-01-2012 Packet sent USPS.

Citizenship oath taken:. 2014-07-18

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I think it's funny how it's always the ones who are done with the process and now reunited with their SO who are quick to tell you to "calm down" or "be patient" or "relax." It's amusing that they've forgotten how awful the wait is and how painful it is to wake up every morning and see people who filed after you get approved.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

I think it's funny how it's always the ones who are done with the process and now reunited with their SO who are quick to tell you to "calm down" or "be patient" or "relax." It's amusing that they've forgotten how awful the wait is and how painful it is to wake up every morning and see people who filed after you get approved.

I don't forget how awful the wait is, but I do think it's a good idea that they're focusing on Haitians right now. There's no way they can suddenly take all of the refugees that are looking to come over for safety, so they have to do something. Letting the Haitians that are already here stay is the least they can do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:angry: I want my money back, they should wave my fees and allow my fiance to come and work now. As an American I should have had this right first, before it's given away like candy. We are scrimping and saving, my fiance is apart from his children, losing precious time that could be spent together. To get a K1 you have to have your relationship picked apart, scrutantized & judged by a stranger who couldn't possibly quantify our relationship based on figures, pictures and a few ticket stubs. It's crazy that I should have to kneel to the goverments demands and beg and wait through every part of this K1 visa, praying they approve it, While someone else gets it all for free and the easy way. In Northern Ireland they have had the Omagh bomb, terrorists, people pipe bombing other peoples houses, attacking old people just to steal £30. to buy track suits and cheap naff jewlery to wear to their next victims house, using cars as road side bombs, illegal armys doing illegal road stops with very large guns generally making other peoples lives a misery and list goes on yet I am sure he can't apply for asylum and even if he did it would probally take longer than what they are giving away for free.

Rant Over

Very Annoyed Now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Very Annoyed Now

I agree I'm annoyed as well. Where was the open door and TPS for Filipinos when they were effected by Typhoons and flooding. Maybe if they looked more like Barack Obama.

I-129f
11-03-2009 I-129F Sent out to VSC via USPS.
11-17-09 Check Cashed.
11-23-2009 NOA-1 Hard copy received.
2-26-2010 NOA-2 on USCIS Dashboard.
03-02-2010 NVC recieved our petition.
03-08-2010 NOA-2 hard copy received
03-08-2010 Snail mail notice from NVC
03-14-2010 Called Manila Embassy and scheduled interview.
03-15-2010 Fiancee going to apply for JP police certificate(race to get before interview).
4-6-2010 Fiancee went for first day at St. Lukes medical (please no sputum test).
4-7-2010 Medical complete all was successful. :D
4-20-2010 Police certificate received.
04-29-2010 Approved!!!
05-5-2010 Visa delivered.
05-7-2010 Cfo seminar complete/sticker received.
05-24-2010 POE Detroit. :D
06-08-2010 Married. :D

AOS
07-27-2010 Packet sent USPS.
08-08-2010 NOA1 I-485,I-765 arrive via usps.
09-?-? Forget the date but EAD and Interview notice received.
10-19-2010 Interview scheduled.
10-19-2010 AOS approved. :D
10-28-2010 Green Card received. :D (nothing to do but live for 2 years :D)

I-751
10-01-2012 Packet sent USPS.

Citizenship oath taken:. 2014-07-18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

As someone living in south Florida, I have to say that I hear a lot about Haiti recently. Hearing stories of people trying to call their families to see if they're alive, and knowing that the phone isn't ringing on the other end, but they just have to TRY; it breaks my already-aching heart.

And as someone who is waiting (quite impatiently, often) for an NOA2, I have to say that it's annoying, but my humble belief is that it's probably better to direct anger and frustrations at these circumstances than at the people. I'm mad that recent events have unfurled in a way that makes expediting these protected status requests a necessity. Indeed, it tears me up inside every day that I'm away from the person I love, but if I have to go through a few more of these gut-wrenching, hair-tearing, tear-ridden days of waiting so that a Haitian family doesn't starve, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Which is not to say that it's something anyone else here should feel willing, or happy, or obligated to make. By all means, own your feelings and feel them. I'm just sharing my own.

Because I'm not in a position to give money or my presence in Haiti as part of the relief effort, if I feel that my waiting is helping someone else, it gives my heart a little bit of peace. It's sort of like, instead of just sucking, my waiting is helping someone. Which may or may not be true, but it makes me feel a bit better...

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Rewarding lawbreakers???? Helps who??? I guess I am totally missing something here!

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

...We are scrimping and saving, my fiance is apart from his children, losing precious time that could be spent together. To get a K1 you have to have your relationship picked apart, scrutantized & judged by a stranger who couldn't possibly quantify our relationship based on figures, pictures and a few ticket stubs. It's crazy that I should have to kneel to the goverments demands and beg and wait through every part of this K1 visa, praying they approve it, While someone else gets it all for free and the easy way. In Northern Ireland they have had the Omagh bomb, terrorists, people pipe bombing other peoples houses, attacking old people just to steal £30. to buy track suits and cheap naff jewlery to wear to their next victims house, using cars as road side bombs, illegal armys doing illegal road stops with very large guns generally making other peoples lives a misery and list goes on yet I am sure he can't apply for asylum and even if he did it would probally take longer than what they are giving away for free.

^ This.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

What happened in Haiti is, without a doubt, very tragic. That being said, I disagree that this means that we need to give special privileges to people who illegally came to the US when so many people who are trying to do things the right way are paying so much money and having to wait for so long to fully being their lives together. Bad things happen - that's part of life. This is far from the first natural disaster to strike a country and it is far from the last - why all the special treatment now? Illegal immigration is illegal immigration. I don't know why laws are in place at all if we're just going to bend them all the time. I expect people coming to the US to be held to the same standards, regardless of where they are from.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline

:crying:

Its because we have realized that the waiting time is a very minimal and very forgetable time compared to the reward you receive for the rest of one's life. You DO have an alternative. You will also find it (maybe even find it funny) that you will never find a post from me complaining about the wait time I also endured.

Unhappy people find a way to complain about everything, they can even search around and find articles to make them more unhappy. Happy people who are amazed they had the incredible luck to find the most wonderful and beautiful woman in the world do other things to occupy their time. I suggest buying an old home and completely gutting it to the studs and rebuilding it. I also suggest frequent visits, every 6 weeks or so worked well for me, to your SO.

Complaining will not make it easier, shorter or less painful

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I suggest you also stop looking at who got approved. Seems to make you misearble and helps nothing. I never checked the status of my case until the NOA2 showed up in the mailbox, then I checked it sometime later, after we already had the visa and found out it was still "pending" Now, with the new system, our petition is listed as "initial review" LOL

I will also add, that if I "forgot" my waiting time, as opposed to "accepting" my waiting time as part of a process I chose to participate in, I wouldn't hang around VJ and try to help people with my experience. But I suppose you will find no consolation in knowing that when your fiancee arrives the waiting time fades. Really, you need to busy yourself wiht something besides watching the pot waiting for it to boil.

Gary And Alla

I remember the wait being bad (and it was a long time ago) but I don't remember my leg having to be amputated, no running water, no food, no home, and my then fiance dead under a collapsed building.

When I read about this in the news I knew I would come on to VJ and find people just outraged ! about "waiting in line" while people from the poorest country in the western hemisphere were granted temporary reprieve. I can predict the future!

Talk about some first world problems.

Edited by Trompe le Monde

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why is it that the USA is tacking all these people.

Where is the rest of the world in this?

Did we expidite the people in Southeast Asia when the sunami hit?

This makes no sense.

Edited by Craneman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.