bluemist

help for my friend please

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I don't really know how it works in the Phillipines but I remember a story of a couple of years ago where a dutch woman decided she didn't wanted to be with her husband anymore and took her 3 year old baby with her back to Holland. About 4 months later some people came to Holland to pick up the child and bring it back to the US. The mother lost all the legal rights of her child in the US for kidnapping and now 2 years later she is still trying to get her son back. She had full custody in Holland.

Don't do anything stupid or illegal would be my advice. Get a lawyer

Edited by DeniseBill

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

amtrak goes from atlanta to washington dc every day. i forget the number but the train is called the Cressent.

actually a nice ride. and amtak is cheep for such purpose

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't really know how it works in the Phillipines but I remember a story of a couple of years ago where a dutch woman decided she didn't wanted to be with her husband anymore and took her 3 year old baby with her back to Holland. About 4 months later some people came to Holland to pick up the child and bring it back to the US. The mother lost all the legal rights of her child in the US for kidnapping and now 2 years later she is still trying to get her son back. She had full custody in Holland.

Don't do anything stupid or illegal would be my advice. Get a lawyer

In Brazil too, never heard about "Bring Sean Home"?

How about Elian's case? The Cuban little boy? Just google it and you'll understand how serious this is.

It's crime to leave the country without mother/father's consent. Do not do that! Seek legal advice!

Hope everything works out for the OP's friend.

Good luck!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

one thing we do not know is and this is very importnat! is he listed as the child's father? on birth cirteificate. if the man is not listed he would have to do so much to prove it is his child. and she could leave. with no ceritficate to show he is father that is.

if his is listed as father, she can take some photos while is stoned, and using drugs and do not tell or share the pics, and then call police, and go to shleter, contact phill consulate and ask for advice, and go from there.

this is not easy process and yes international child abduction could be used if she just leave and he is legeally father and named at time of birth on certificate.

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
one thing we do not know is and this is very importnat! is he listed as the child's father? on birth cirteificate. if the man is not listed he would have to do so much to prove it is his child. and she could leave. with no ceritficate to show he is father that is.

if his is listed as father, she can take some photos while is stoned, and using drugs and do not tell or share the pics, and then call police, and go to shleter, contact phill consulate and ask for advice, and go from there.

this is not easy process and yes international child abduction could be used if she just leave and he is legeally father and named at time of birth on certificate.

Read the first post. The child has a US passport by virtue of having an approved CRBA. The US government is already satisfied that the child is his or they never would have approved the CRBA and issued the passport. It no longer makes any difference at all whether his name is on the birth certificate. He is the biological father, according to the US government.

His using drugs does not, by itself, constitute abuse. Even if she managed to get him arrested for drugs, unless the police report also contains evidence of abuse then it's useless for a VAWA claim. She's already told the OP that he does not abuse her. Why would you suggest she make a false claim of abuse against him?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Thanks to all of you who replied.I didn't know that I will get answers from my post for her.I will tell her all the advices you have given here.

Thanks again.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

people saying she needs written consent to take the child who has a RP passport out of the country... tell me, when mothers take their children on vacation back to the RP, do they carry written consent?

if she left the country with the baby, she hasn't done anything wrong until he reports it. once reported, then the story unfolds and it doesn't mean that she'll be charged with kidnapping. the people involved (authorities) would attempt to settle this without a lot of BS first.

she should get on a plane and go then deal with the aftermath, if there is any (he may not report) later.

she just has to be prepared to deal with this later, if he reports it.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
people saying she needs written consent to take the child who has a RP passport out of the country... tell me, when mothers take their children on vacation back to the RP, do they carry written consent?

if she left the country with the baby, she hasn't done anything wrong until he reports it. once reported, then the story unfolds and it doesn't mean that she'll be charged with kidnapping. the people involved (authorities) would attempt to settle this without a lot of BS first.

she should get on a plane and go then deal with the aftermath, if there is any (he may not report) later.

she just has to be prepared to deal with this later, if he reports it.

Generally speaking, the Department of State will not stop a US citizen from leaving the United States, even if the US citizen is a child. However, many countries will not permit a child to enter the country if the child is traveling with only one parent unless they also have a letter of authorization from the second parent. Many carriers (airlines) will not issue a boarding pass without an authorization letter, especially if they know that the child will not be permitted to enter the destination country without it.

Since the child also has a passport from the Philippines, it's certainly possible that she'll be able to take the child back to the RP, and not get any trouble from the airline or the customs officials in the RP.

Of course, it doesn't mean she'll be charged with kidnapping. I don't think anybody said it was a certainty. What WAS said was that it's POSSIBLE she could be guilty of kidnapping. This particular case is complicated by the fact that the father filed a CRBA for the child. It's obvious he wanted the child to be recognized as a US citizen by virtue of it being his biological child. If she takes the child back to the RP without his permission, he'll have a pretty strong case for parental child abduction.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline
Generally speaking, the Department of State will not stop a US citizen from leaving the United States, even if the US citizen is a child. However, many countries will not permit a child to enter the country if the child is traveling with only one parent unless they also have a letter of authorization from the second parent. Many carriers (airlines) will not issue a boarding pass without an authorization letter, especially if they know that the child will not be permitted to enter the destination country without it.

Since the child also has a passport from the Philippines, it's certainly possible that she'll be able to take the child back to the RP, and not get any trouble from the airline or the customs officials in the RP.

Of course, it doesn't mean she'll be charged with kidnapping. I don't think anybody said it was a certainty. What WAS said was that it's POSSIBLE she could be guilty of kidnapping. This particular case is complicated by the fact that the father filed a CRBA for the child. It's obvious he wanted the child to be recognized as a US citizen by virtue of it being his biological child. If she takes the child back to the RP without his permission, he'll have a pretty strong case for parental child abduction.

i disagree.

i often think some VJers put fear into people where really there should not be any fear. she could say that she left the US for many reasons. once in the RP, she could also willingly cooperate with him and whatever authorities to set up visitation and child support arrangements. to me, she has no reason to fear leaving the US with her baby and without his permission. since she hasn't been here long, she is likely the primary care giver and so it would only be natural for her to take the child with her.

i also find it hard to believe that the airlines are concerned about abductions on an hour to hour basis... i mean, if they were alerted to someone leaving, they would be concerned (on alert), but without the initial alert, i've never known them to butt into family affairs. airlines have enough to be concerned about, let alone family affairs and if anyone presented a letter of authorization, they wouldn't know if it was forged. again, this is too much for the airlines to worry about.

and for God's sake, as witnessed a month ago, the airlines can't even keep terrorist off planes, let alone a mom and child.

i disagree.

i often think some VJers put fear into people where really there should not be any fear. she could say that she left the US for many reasons. once in the RP, she could also willingly cooperate with him and whatever authorities to set up visitation and child support arrangements. to me, she has no reason to fear leaving the US with her baby and without his permission. since she hasn't been here long, she is likely the primary care giver and so it would only be natural for her to take the child with her.

i also find it hard to believe that the airlines are concerned about abductions on an hour to hour basis... i mean, if they were alerted to someone leaving, they would be concerned (on alert), but without the initial alert, i've never known them to butt into family affairs. airlines have enough to be concerned about, let alone family affairs and if anyone presented a letter of authorization, they wouldn't know if it was forged. again, this is too much for the airlines to worry about.

and for God's sake, as witnessed a month ago, the airlines can't even keep terrorist off planes, let alone a mom and child.

I have to agree with that. If they are not married and no custody is decided/pending yet any of them can take the child and go. The other party has to prove that there is uncooperative situation.... Just go home and be with family, I doubt that will cause any problem as long as you keep the dad in the loop and have proof that you are willing to coop with him...

September 5th 2007 Married in the U.S

October 15th 2007 documents were recieved

Nov 25th 2007 biometrics

Dec 17 2007 work authorization

Feb 26 2008 interview and approval

25 Nov 2009 I-751

27 Nov 2009 NOA

11 Dec 2009 Biometrics (early bio)

31 Dec 2009 touch (web site indicates last update)

To all who are posting about this topic. Please let's not turn this into a Male, Female thing. I can tell by some of the comments that it is headed that way. We we are trying to help a fellow VJer. It is true in most states a Father has no legal rights until a court rules on a custody matter. He is just merely a sperm donor, but that said I don't study criminal law for nothing. I'm not into to the family law, but I know kidnapping when I see it. I have SOLE custody of my 4-year old, but I still can't remove her from my State without pre-approval from a Judge. Just be careful.

In the PHILIPPINES, the MOTHER has FULL CUSTODY of the CHILD until a certain age... THE MOTHER HAS FULL CUSTODY OF THE BABY, MARRIED OR NOT MARRIED!

She buy a ticket and hop in the plane. He could fight with custody later..

THE WOMAN IS AT A LOSING BATTLE HERE IF SHE OVERSTAY!

While she is still LEGAL... she should do something.

I dont give BS to the drug addict fiance. If you want the girl to grew up with a drug addict man...there is something WRONG here.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
In the PHILIPPINES, the MOTHER has FULL CUSTODY of the CHILD until a certain age... THE MOTHER HAS FULL CUSTODY OF THE BABY, MARRIED OR NOT MARRIED!

She buy a ticket and hop in the plane. He could fight with custody later..

THE WOMAN IS AT A LOSING BATTLE HERE IF SHE OVERSTAY!

While she is still LEGAL... she should do something.

I dont give BS to the drug addict fiance. If you want the girl to grew up with a drug addict man...there is something WRONG here.

I agree ... :thumbs:

kenness

I hardly ever step into any conversations in this forum, mostly because the stories told here are often heartbreaking. This, too, is one of those stories. But I cannot stand by while people continue to advocate imprudent and potentially illegal activity. International child abduction is at stake here. The child is a USC, born of a USC father who like it or not has parental rights in the US. That includes the right NOT to have his child removed without his permission from the US. The term "drug addict" keeps getting bandied about as if it is the gospel truth about the father -- all we know is what we have been told, which is that the father is a drug USER. Furthermore, since we have only one side of the story (and that in itself is secondhand) we do not know if that is true. Whoever posted that the mother should plant drug evidence in the attempt to bolster a heretofore non-existent claim of spousal abuse... wow.

What is morally correct and what is legally correct do not always intersect. Just because something seems "right" to you doesn't make it so. The best advice given in this thread so far is this: seek legal counsel. This is an emotionally fraught, legally complex situation. Advice is better sought from a lawyer than your peers. I wish the best for the OP's friend and her child and hope that they can achieve resolution to this tragic state of affairs.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
I hardly ever step into any conversations in this forum, mostly because the stories told here are often heartbreaking. This, too, is one of those stories. But I cannot stand by while people continue to advocate imprudent and potentially illegal activity. International child abduction is at stake here. The child is a USC, born of a USC father who like it or not has parental rights in the US. That includes the right NOT to have his child removed without his permission from the US. The term "drug addict" keeps getting bandied about as if it is the gospel truth about the father -- all we know is what we have been told, which is that the father is a drug USER. Furthermore, since we have only one side of the story (and that in itself is secondhand) we do not know if that is true. Whoever posted that the mother should plant drug evidence in the attempt to bolster a heretofore non-existent claim of spousal abuse... wow.

What is morally correct and what is legally correct do not always intersect. Just because something seems "right" to you doesn't make it so. The best advice given in this thread so far is this: seek legal counsel. This is an emotionally fraught, legally complex situation. Advice is better sought from a lawyer than your peers. I wish the best for the OP's friend and her child and hope that they can achieve resolution to this tragic state of affairs.

it is not at stake as long as she is willing to cooperate later.

she isn't married, she needs to get out of the country on time or else it could affect her in the future. US gov't immigration policy/laws are affecting her and she needs to do what is immediately in her and her child's best interest and then negotiate the long term issues with the father and authorities, if they get involved.

no matter that the story is second hand, we comment based on how it is presented. if they want the best possible answers, it is not in their best interest to post a story that isn't on the mark... if they post a less than honest version of the story, they may as well not post for we would be replying to the wrong situation and what does that do for them?

Sorry, it makes no difference if she sorts it out after the fact. It is still abduction. Yes, she has a pressing immigration issue. It does not mean she should ignore the family law aspects of this matter. Get both sorted out ASAP.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.