jnurse68

(6)(c)(1) 212(a) visa pending

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband went for his interview on dec 10th and additional documents were required which he sent.At the interview he was asked if he ever had a problem at any port of entry to the USA which he did.He is a british citizen with a british passport and had visited for 3 months on the VWP went to london and came back 2 weeks later on the VWP and was told not to do it again but was not refused entry,he was let in no problem,and he stayed 3months as per VWP and went back to london after that coz we decided to apply for his immigrant visa.when i called up at the DOS today i was told his case was under 212(a) (6) (1) © for misrepresentation at port of entry and was being looked into.My question is will this cause a big problem even though he was let in with a warning not to do it again and he never overstayed his VWP?ny ideas welcome.Thank you.

Timeline

hi everyone i posted here a few days ago regarding my husband visa.he had his interview dec 10th at the embassy in london,was asked to bring in my divorce decree and passport which he did send both were recieved jan 5th.When i called up today i was told the case was under review because in 2006 he visited us for 3 months and returned within 2 weeks under the VWP for people with british passports,he was warned not to use the vwp next time to visit for long and to stay outside the US LONGER , and was allowed into the US he satyed 3 months and went back to london and didnt return coz we decided that we would apply for his immigrant visa which we did.now his case is pending and under review on section 212(a) (6) © (1) according to the DOS apparently that means misrepresentation.My question is would he have a problem even though he wasnt refused entry and never overstayed his VWP.?any ideas would be welcome,thanx

Moving to waivers forum in the hopes that good replies will be available there.

This does seem odd if he didn't ever overstay nor refused entry. On my last trip over under the visa waiver I was also told that I should spend more time outside the US next time if I wanted to re enter on the VWP. I also stayed for 3 months.

I had no issues what so ever with my visa, so I don't know what to say about it. Sorry you are going through this, hopefully it will all be fine after they look into it a little.

31 Dec 2007 - Started talking online

01 Mar 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 10 days

17 Apr 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 4 days

30 May 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 18 days

5 Day vacation in San Antonio, Texas together

14 Jul 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 10 days

13 Aug 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 50 days

5 Day vacation in Boston, MA together

29 Oct 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 84 days

24 Dec 2008 DAMION PROPOSED

4 Day vacation in New York together

25 Feb 2009 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 88 days

25 Jun 2009 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 90 days

03 Sep 2009 - I-129F mailed

08 Sep 2009 - NOA1

20 Oct 2009 - NOA2

23 Oct 2009 - NVC Received

27 Oct 2009 - US Embassy London received

28 Oct 2009 - Cherilyn visited Damion in the UK for 5 days

18 Nov 2009 - Packet 3 arrived

18 Nov 2009 - Medical booked for 8 December

19 Nov 2009 - Packet 3 sent back

20 Nov 2009 - Received my interview date and confirmation letter

08 Dec 2009 - MEDICAL

15 Dec 2009 - INTERVIEW AT EMBASSY!!!!!!! APPROVED :)

23 Dec 2009 - Flew home for good :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

That is odd, what did they say to him at the interview? Was he given any piece of paper at the interview and if so, what does it say?

Did he maybe overstay? On the VWP, he can stay 90- days, which is a few days less than 3 months.... When he was questioned that one time at the airport, did they put any stamp in his passport? Did he say anything at the time that could be considered lying, for example say/ imply he was only going to stay two weeks when he in fact ended up staying 3 months?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I believe I answered this very question at another forum but to repeat myself -- I wouldn't go it alone with a misrepresentation battle now to fight. I'd find a competent immigration attorney.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To the OP: please do not create multiple threads with the same topic. I have removed two identical threads to the first post in this forum as they had no responses. I have also combined an almost identical thread with the same information but worded differently into this thread so that all of the information stays in one place. Please do not post a topic more than once. Thank you.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
To the OP: please do not create multiple threads with the same topic. I have removed two identical threads to the first post in this forum as they had no responses. I have also combined an almost identical thread with the same information but worded differently into this thread so that all of the information stays in one place. Please do not post a topic more than once. Thank you.

sorry wasnt intentional ,pressed post again not realising it was posted.

Timeline
That is odd, what did they say to him at the interview? Was he given any piece of paper at the interview and if so, what does it say?

Did he maybe overstay? On the VWP, he can stay 90- days, which is a few days less than 3 months.... When he was questioned that one time at the airport, did they put any stamp in his passport? Did he say anything at the time that could be considered lying, for example say/ imply he was only going to stay two weeks when he in fact ended up staying 3 months?

No absolutely not,did not overstay,only the 90 days and his passport was never ever stamped he was allowed entry that time and was told he was red flagged becoz of that and should next time apply for an immigrant visa,so no stamp,no overstay,and did not return and that was 3 years ago.

Timeline

He never overstayed but did stay the 90 days allowed for the VWP.Is that an issue you think,maybe?He did follow their advice and didnt return just applied for the immigrant visa and didnt come back while the visa was being processed,3 years!im stressed out now.

This does seem odd if he didn't ever overstay nor refused entry. On my last trip over under the visa waiver I was also told that I should spend more time outside the US next time if I wanted to re enter on the VWP. I also stayed for 3 months.

I had no issues what so ever with my visa, so I don't know what to say about it. Sorry you are going through this, hopefully it will all be fine after they look into it a little.

Thank you for your kind reply,i hope so too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If they are accusing him of possible misrepresentation, it has nothing to do with his stay in the US. It sounds like they are inquiring about what he said/did at the POE. Can he remember if he said ANYTHING untruthful? Evan as minor as "I'm visiting my girlfriend" instead of "I"m visiting my wife/fiance'? Or did he use the "visiting family and friends" answer?

As him what types of questions were asked and what his responses were.

And get an immigration lawyer quickly. A misrepresentation charge, once it has been laid, is difficult to get reversed

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On the I-94 did he claim to have never overstayed?

If you are certain he did not misrepresent anything, then you need to get an attorney ASAP so that you can get it thrown out. . .if he did, in fact, misrepresent something, then you will need to research and probably hire an attorney for the I-601 waiver. Misrepresentation can be overcome, though it will not be particularly easy.

He never overstayed but did stay the 90 days allowed for the VWP.Is that an issue you think,maybe?He did follow their advice and didnt return just applied for the immigrant visa and didnt come back while the visa was being processed,3 years!im stressed out now.

Sorry but this makes no sense to me. Either he followed their advice (left before his 90 days was up) or he didn't. Your post seems to state that he did both: "He did follow their advice and didnt return". ???

Beyond that - it's attorney time, as you've been advised here at length.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Also....if it was misrepresentation, and they suspected something, they would've first sent him to secondary inspection, and if they would have then, suspected misrepresentation, they would have denied him entry, he would have waived his rights (since the VWP you have no rights to appeal), and he would have left.

Was he sent to secondary inspection?....

Because to me,...by what your saying to me, he was let in, stayed his time, and left.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.