zainab786

Seperation in just 4 months.. dont know what to do? HELP!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

okay the story is that.. I came to my US born fiance on K1 visa after da struggle of 2 years. I was more than happy, got married here in US and everything was fine till marriage. just the next month of marriage my husband started torturing me mentally and became abusive and violent without any reason. I tried to sort the matters as much as I could do but he became worst, I went into severe depression cried and got ill but he didn't care, I had no money because he was not taking any interest in relation by any means. I realized that he is cheating on me and then he became more aggressive and uninterested. Few days back i tried to talk .. but than he said that i should visit my home country for 1 month because he needs a break, I refused but when he insisted i agreed. On airport he said that he is sending me forever and not going to pick me up again and now I am here back in my country in just 4 months after my marriage. The next day I got a news that he blamed of theft and all on me while I just had a handbag with me full of my husband's pics and nothing else I took from US.

Now the question is.. that how I am goin to be divorced if I am not in US? Can I travel back when my adjustment of status papers are in process and I have nothing with me. what can I do legally? I am not interested in filing for alimony and all.. I just need my life to be peaceful. What should I do now?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You cannot travel back to the US and apply for adjustment of status. Now that you are back home your petition is abandoned and to do it again you would have to start from the start again, except this time as a spouse.

As for divorce, you will probably need to call an attorney, whether in your country or another. Here's some info I found on the US site. http://travel.state.gov/law/info/marriage/marriage_644.html

Good luck. I'm sorry this happened. Had you not left the country your options would have been different I think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

your husband knew what he was doing by sending you home and not adjusting your status before travel. it was his way of getting ride of you and you not coming back.

sorry to here this.. it is real sleazy and sad. did you have any friends that can pack up your things and send them home?

so sorry to here this

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Try to see the positive in all of this. You learned early into your marriage that your husband is not the right man for you and now you are back home with friends and family.

End good -- everything good!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Thank u so much for ur advises. So my husband lied to me and sent me here..

I don't have anyone there in US who can pack my things and send back to me.. I don't think my in-laws would do.. anyways..yes its actually good that I am out in just 4 months, Its better to live alone rather dan living wid a cheating husband. It good to b home where ppl loves you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Thank u so much for ur advises. So my husband lied to me and sent me here..

I don't have anyone there in US who can pack my things and send back to me.. I don't think my in-laws would do.. anyways..yes its actually good that I am out in just 4 months, Its better to live alone rather dan living wid a cheating husband. It good to b home where ppl loves you.

The "stuff" would probably annoy me. Maybe you can have him pack it up and ship it to you if you send him the money for it. I don't know if he cares enough too.. but if it's stuff that you want/need then that's what I'd do.

Perhaps you can have a family member or friend travel to where he is and get your stuff? It's unlikely you'll be allowed in at the moment so it'll have to be someone else.

I really am sorry this happened but as you said, it's best you got out now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am so sorry that happened to you. What a nightmare.

But as Bob said, you are now back with the people who really love you.

Better to be at home now than in alien lands.

I wish you all the best!

CR-1 Journey

09-08-2008: Married

11-20-2008: I-130 sent to Chicago

02-24-2009: I-130 approved

10-29-2009: Case completed at NVC

11-24-2009: Medical exam in Munich

12-16-2009: Interview in Frankfurt : Approved

12-22-2009: Visa received

02-11-2010: POE: Atlanta

ROC

11-17-2011: Filed for removal of conditions

11-21-2011: NOA1

02-07-2012: Biometrics appointment

09-04-2012: I-797: Approved

09-18-2012: Card received

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."

- Jack Handey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.