KYLEandUAN

pending immigrant visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i have a pending immigrant visa application , i fear that it might be a reason for denial of K1 visa application. I'm a nurse here in Philippines and i have agency who help me file for immigrant visa. do you think it would be a ground for denial of our k1 application?

:wacko::unsure::crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What kind of immigrant visa?

It may cause some extra questions about the bonafides of your relationship, so make sure you have lots of proof-but it is certainly not an automatic denial.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

What kind of immigrant visa?

It may cause some extra questions about the bonafides of your relationship, so make sure you have lots of proof-but it is certainly not an automatic denial.

[/

its I- 140 immigrant visa. this would make it harder for us or worse maybe a ground for denial.

we don't have phone bills as a proof coz we use phone cards and we always chat. its impossible to print out all the chat logs coz we might need a ream of paper for it. and the person who will handle our case might be pissed. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Then don't print all the chat logs. Print a few that show consistency over time. That way you have evidence and you won't lose a ream of paper

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
An I-140 immigrant visa is for people already in the U.S. on a work visa, applying for a GC isn't it? Are you here now in the U.S.?

not true... but a successful I-140 is very difficult.... It is for extraordinary scholar or researcher, athlete, a worker who has worked for a company for three years abroad, or a skilled worker that is not available in the USA. Nursing was at a shortage in the past and the US imported many foreign trained nurses. I do not know if that situation still exists today

YMMV

Timeline
not true... but a successful I-140 is very difficult.... It is for extraordinary scholar or researcher, athlete, a worker who has worked for a company for three years abroad, or a skilled worker that is not available in the USA. Nursing was at a shortage in the past and the US imported many foreign trained nurses. I do not know if that situation still exists today

i double checked it, and yes its a I-140 visa. its been in retrogression of a long time( 5 years or more).

It's something however than an employer would fill out, not the actual applicant. The approval of this visa, just from googling, appears to be contingent on the employee remaining in the same job that the employer has employed the applicant. So, wouldn't that technically mean the employee is already in the U.S.? Or just that they've been hired?

The OP doesn't as well indicate when the I-140 was applied for, or how long it's been pending. I would suspect that if it's in processing, that an application now for a K-1 would be impacted in that the Embassy might look at intent.

OP, please get back to us with more identifying information if you can.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
It's something however than an employer would fill out, not the actual applicant. The approval of this visa, just from googling, appears to be contingent on the employee remaining in the same job that the employer has employed the applicant. So, wouldn't that technically mean the employee is already in the U.S.? Or just that they've been hired?

The OP doesn't as well indicate when the I-140 was applied for, or how long it's been pending. I would suspect that if it's in processing, that an application now for a K-1 would be impacted in that the Embassy might look at intent.

OP, please get back to us with more identifying information if you can.

yes, the employer from florida fill it out. my visa status is still in packet 2. i have a job offer at el paso, texas cause the employer have affiliated hospital there. this is driving me nuts. do you think we will have problem filing for k1 visa?

Filed: Timeline

Forgive me, as I have posted before and all of a sudden I cannot figure out how to post a new topic! I am not sure if it's because my mind is in a million different directions, or if I'm tired, but I will ask my question here. I am pretty positive this question has been asked before but I did a search and it showed no results.

I have posted before about meeting my love, and my family not being supportive. Well, my current status right now is that my family and I have no contact, I am visiting my boyfriend in February and we're applying for the K-1 Visa!

My question is this: After the K-1 visa is approved, what is the amount of time you can wait before entering the US on the K-1 Visa. Is it 6 months and then it expires, or?

I've been slowly reading through the posts, and there is A LOT of information to go over. I am full of all sorts of emotions, as I am sure all of you can relate! I am so thankful I stumbled across this website, and I hope to continue getting advice, feedback and support from all you wonderful people who have been, and are in the same position as I.

Kind regards,

-M.

Forgive me, as I have posted before and all of a sudden I cannot figure out how to post a new topic!

Just click on "Forums", then choose the right forum to post the new topic in (in your case maybe the K-1 forum?) and click the "New topic" button in the upper right corner.

Posting your question in your own thread will most probably get you more responses that are given to your specific question. It will for sure work better than posting in an existing thread from someone else.

Good luck!

Edited by Betti

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

Forgive me, as I have posted before and all of a sudden I cannot figure out how to post a new topic! I am not sure if it's because my mind is in a million different directions, or if I'm tired, but I will ask my question here. I am pretty positive this question has been asked before but I did a search and it showed no results.

I have posted before about meeting my love, and my family not being supportive. Well, my current status right now is that my family and I have no contact, I am visiting my boyfriend in February and we're applying for the K-1 Visa!

My question is this: After the K-1 visa is approved, what is the amount of time you can wait before entering the US on the K-1 Visa. Is it 6 months and then it expires, or?

I've been slowly reading through the posts, and there is A LOT of information to go over. I am full of all sorts of emotions, as I am sure all of you can relate! I am so thankful I stumbled across this website, and I hope to continue getting advice, feedback and support from all you wonderful people who have been, and are in the same position as I.

Kind regards,

-M.

Hi Meeah,

Yes, after your interview at the Consulate in Canada and your visa is approved, you have up until 6 months to enter the U.S. After entering, you have 90 days in which to marry and apply for AOS.

Have you checked out the Canada Forum? Lots of people there going through similar situations. Here is the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

As well, a Wiki guide for Canada:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Canada

Other helpful Canada links:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191858 (second posting that has separated links to subject matter)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.