crede

WORRIED

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance recently have I-129F approved. He make mistake on date when we first met. He said first time we met was Feb. 13-20th 2006. We actually first met on Feb. 18-21 2006. I was in Hong Kong for for one month (visiting my sister) prior to meeting him and got back to philippines on Feb. 17th 2006. Will embassy know my exact dates of entry in and out of philippines, if so will this cause a problem at interview time. I know its a big stupid mistake but iam worried that it could cause problem. Should he try to contact us embassy in manila and explain the typo. Im Worried.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My fiance recently have I-129F approved. He make mistake on date when we first met. He said first time we met was Feb. 13-20th 2006. We actually first met on Feb. 18-21 2006. I was in Hong Kong for for one month (visiting my sister) prior to meeting him and got back to philippines on Feb. 17th 2006. Will embassy know my exact dates of entry in and out of philippines, if so will this cause a problem at interview time. I know its a big stupid mistake but iam worried that it could cause problem. Should he try to contact us embassy in manila and explain the typo. Im Worried.

I wouldn't worry about it - that is a very small error. Plus, not all couples remember the exact date they met.

Congrats on the I-129F approval!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I definitely wouldn't be worried about that; the time he said overlaps with the real time. Now had he said a different year, or completely different month, maybe worry. But no need in this case. :)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

I don't think it is a big deal. The important thing is to show you have met in person and have an ongoing relationship and that he can provide adequate support for you. He should have phone bills, emails, IMs, things like that to show an ongoing relationship. Claudeth took 2 3" 3-ring binders to the interview just packed full of pictures and other documentation. If you are truly worried about the difference in the dates just have him send a supplemental to you for the interview stating the correct dates. He should also send you a copy of the full packet he sent to the USCIS service center. You need to know about his, where he lives, mother and father, brothers and sisters, age, birth date, has he been married, etc.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not a problem. When you first met is not even asked on the I-129f so he supplied unnecessary information. They ask you to describe A meeting within the last two years. Could be the first time, last time, 3rd time, 8th time. USCIS couldn't possiby care less how many times you have met, as long as you have met ONE time in the last three years.

This is a non-issue, no need to mention it to anyone.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's really not a big deal. On our I-29F we left out an annuled marriage! But it says right on the Embassy web site that if there is any errors on the original petition the petioner can submit a notarized letter stating the error and approve and wants the marriage to go forward. I submitted such a letter and the CO during the interview never asked for it nor compared the changed I-129 to the original. All they were concerned about was the court documented annulment papers.

Happy New Year from Minnesota

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Not a problem. You can correct the document at the interview if that makes you feel better; they won't care.

I assume that you have a later date, plus evidence, that you used for proof of when you met in person within 2 years prior to filing the petition?

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Should not be a worry at the stage you are in. When you prepare for your interview you will want to make sure you both have all the dates in your relationship timeline squared away and be sure you both know the same dates and events for that. Congrats and good luck.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline
I wouldn't worry about it - that is a very small error. Plus, not all couples remember the exact date they met.

Congrats on the I-129F approval!

Plus, you can always say that you met in the month of February (or the middle of the end of that month to be more exact) if it's asked at the interview at all.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
USCIS couldn't possiby care less how many times you have met, as long as you have met ONE time in the last three years.

Two years or three? I thought two, but I could be wrong!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Timeline
Two years or three? I thought two, but I could be wrong!

It is two (must have just been a typo).

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

if ever asked which i doubt you he can say around feb 18 to 20th you know during that time but not quite sure if bit earler or later. besides us men never remember exact dates...i had to ask my sweety exact dates we meet in jama in feb

good luck and fantastic news!!!!

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.