snowball

I want to come home!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks so much!!

Momof1-- You have been through so much I am so glad that your husband is finally back with you after so much time and money!!! Thanks for all of the info!!

is there a place on the forum that will tell me what all of the acronyms are because, I get a bit confused... lol

EMT103c= do you mean that the process all together will take 6 months, and then we can go home?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

DCF usually takes 3-4months, but can take longer or be shorter (see my timeline- it took us 6 weeks but that was a different country). However, you may still get stuck in AP (name and additional security checks) after being approved for the visa, and the waiver you guys will need can take anything from a few days to several months to be approved. So in your case, it is very difficult to say how long a DCF visa application would take. Definitely less than 6 years though!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I agree about going to another country as well. Being married to a US Citizen though should have some benefits on it for him, instwad of just him applying to go to another country. My husband and I have considered this because we are waiting for his visa and it is taking them a long time to get us out of AP. So we decided if, God Forbid, they dont give us his visa, we will try to go abroad elsewhere. Yes it is difficult, but it is possible. Dont give up hope. I was married to a guy from Bangladesh who came to USA when he was 18 on a student visa. He never went to school, and when his visa expired he overstayed by 6 yrs. INS never came looking for him, but he had a drivers license, and he worked for his brother and cousin under the table. Then we got married and I went to file for his adjustment with him and the guy at INS told us that since he overstayed for so long, there was a possibility he would get deported for 10 yrs. That never happened, and now he is a citizen. But, I wish you the best of luck. I just returned from living in Pakistan for the last 16 months or so. I just came back cuz I am pregnant and after being hospitalized in Sialkot a few times, I wasnt about to have my baby there since I have to have a c-section. I wish you luck and take care. Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ya, file an I-130 petition via Direct Consular Filing (DCF) to the Embassy In Pakistan.

Review the guides section here for instructions and 'how to do'.

GOOD LUCK !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As they said, more than six months, less than six years!

six months is just the estimate for the waiver. As he said, the DCF (Direct Consular Filing) could take a few months and then possibly added time for Administrative Processing (AP) lots of applicants from Pakistan go through that (my hubby is a Pakistani with Canadian citizenship, he didn't get stuck in name checks but still had a different type of AP for about seven months.)

Just make sure to read about EVERYTHING beforehand. There are wonderful DCF guides here on VJ and wonderful waiver guidelines on www.immigrate2us.net

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.