Peace be still

Need some sound advise

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Bare with me as I try to summerize this situation. I met this lady through a support group 2yrs ago for women that were in relationships with MENA men. Well to make a long story short, this lady who I will call Ms. L went to Morocco 1yr ago, but she failed to let the man know that she was going to visit that she was in a wheel chair, and that her mobility was limited. After Ms. L was there for 6 days out of the 30 she was suppose to stay they made her leave on the 7th day. Well she comes back to the USA all heart broken and of course the support group that we all belonged to supported her with us knowing the full details. We all assumed that this guy was a pure jerk. After all she sold her washer/dryer machine to afford the ticket to go to Morocco. After she came back she also got evicted from her handicap assessable apartment. Well she and another lady went and rented another apartment together. You would think that she learned her lesson. Well some other lady on our support site decided to let her Moroccon husband connect her to a family member of his. So know Ms. L and her roomate are corrisponding back and fourth with men from Morocco. You would think that Ms. L roomate/caretaker would try to speak some since into her head about making another trip over there?

The two of them decided not move over to Morocco and they both stopped paying their rent and sold all of their posessions that they had and purchased a one way ticket to Morocco. I told Ms L that she was making big mistake and that she should not go because of her physical disability and Doctora's not understanding her medical condition. She has MS. Well not listening to a thing that I said or her family members tried to say she and her roomate leaves the USA and arrives in Morocco on December 6. After being with her so call fiance, for 2 days his family was unable to deal with her and they put her up in a hotel for 3 days. According to Ms. L they abandoned her there and she had to holler out for help. When the hotel manager realized what was going on he called the Moroccan Police and needless to say that the lady she went there with fiance got arrested and not the guy that Ms. L went to go and visit and supposely marry.

On the 5th day they took her from Safi and drove her back to US Embassy in Casablanca, and left her accross the street. Even the lady that she went there with jumped back into the car and left her on the side of the road. She even took Ms. L wallet that contain her passport, state ID, Birth Certificate ect... All the essential Items she would have needed to get married in Morocco. A Moroccan man had to help her get accross the street with her 2 suite cases and help her into the Embassy.

The Embassy purchased her a one way ticket back to the states and put her up in a hotel for one day. After she got back to the states she was homeless and so she calls me crying on the phone. She asked if she could stay at my place for a couple of weeks. After asking my husband permission he said it would be fine. He was feeling guilty that one of his brother man would treat her this way. So we both felt so sorry for her and I told her she could stay with me for 2wks until she gets her ssi check and then move on her own. OMG when i go and get this woman from the airport, to my supprise she is bound to this wheel chair, and she doesn't have the mobility that she claims she has. She smelled like urine and her clothes were soiled. I almost turned away and left. But the GOD in me would not allow me nor my husband to do so.

Ms. L has no ID all she had was the temp passport the the US Embassy gave her that expired on December 24. The lady that she went to Morocco with has everything of hers includding her bank card.

On the first day my husband had to go to the store and purchase depends. This woman had nothing on and she can't control her own blatter.

She lied to everybody on the support group. She lied and said that she walks with a walker but that is a lie heck she can't pull herself up out of a wheelchair. I have to have a family member come over everday several times a day to bath her and take her to the bathroom. The crazy part is that I have to make her take a bath she doesn't even want to do that.

I called the MS Society and hopefully they will be getting back with me tomorrow, but this woman has to get out of my home. I called her family and none of them want her not even her mother or grandmother. They refuse to send her any money for her basic needs. Her mother asked me to put her away in a residential facility. Clearly this woman is not mentally stable enough to make sound decisions and how she was able to make it to Morocco 2x is beyond my own imagination.

I am giving her to the January 2 and she has to go where she goes is not even a concern of mine I did my good deed and I am so done.

Wow. what a special case. Doesnt she have some kind of case worker helps her make these kind of decisons? I would of not got my hands dirty. Sounds like she is a huge boarder-line that is looking for your attention and its working

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Wow. what a special case. Doesnt she have some kind of case worker helps her make these kind of decisons? I would of not got my hands dirty. Sounds like she is a huge boarder-line that is looking for your attention and its working

That is an understatement. I want to thank you for disecting the senerio, and I want you to know that you nailed it on the head. Unfortunately she doesn't have a case worker yet. I am trying to get her set up with one, fast so that this matter can get out of my hands. I will never get myself cought up in something like this ever again. Where I live she just doesn't make the criteria of 302ing her. This means get her admitted Involuntary to a inpatient psychiatric facility. The sad thing is that when I let her go that is it for me. I should have known that this hold senerio would not be good when her own grandmother sad to me "Honey I'm sorry you got stuck with L." But tell her not to call my house for nothing because she is a lier and I don't want to have anything to do with her. This week will be the last week that she will be in my house. That I am 100% sure of.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Thank you so much for making things more clear for me. That is what I've been struggling with is feeling responsible, and her always crying about not having no where to go. She will need to be placed in a residential or mental health facility asap. I will follow up on that tomorrow morning.

Group Hug for MENA -

- from her post, her hubby is a class act too. :thumbs:

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm just curious.....how old is this woman???

Do you see how big the sea is?

Do you see how big the sea is? My love for you is as big as the sea.

Do you see how far the sky is? My love for you is as far as the sky.

As big as the sea and as far as the sky I love you,

I waited for you, I called upon you, I drew you on the promenades,

You sorrow of my life, you tears of the flowers, you season of the birds,

How vast the forest is, my heart is as vast as the forest.

You who are drawn on my door, and drawn in my heart,

I waited for you a year, and throughout the year I would ask the walnut trees,

and I would see you in the sunny days, coming from the sunny days, and lost in the almond leaves,

How small is a tear, and I am just a tear in your way,

I want to vow a candle so that you would let me love you.

Fayrouz's song

K-1 Visa

AOS,EAD,AP.

Greencard Received : 2010/10/02

Date AP Received : 2010-10-04

Date EAD Card Received : 2010-10-06

Timeline
I'm just curious.....how old is this woman???

She is 35yrs old.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So true that. It's very decent of you to wanna help but we all must have limits if we want to remain sane.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

I check to see if we had shelters in my area to accomidate her and I was told no by the MS Society. The MS Society said the soonest they can get someone out to my home is next week. Next week seems like a lifetime away. I called her mother this afternoon, and told her that I was going to be sending her home on the next flight I could book her on. Her mother begged me to send her anywhere but Michigan. It's so unreal, and I can't believe I allowed myself to get into this situation.

Timeline

I can't believe her own family don't even know you and are refusing this person who's obviously sick in more than one way (physically and mentally). If you sent her to her mother and just let the mother know the flight number and put the responsibility on her family to take care of her do you think she'd actually just leave her alone and homeless at the airport upon arrival? Does the family sound that avoid-ant?

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

I check to see if we had shelters in my area to accomidate her and I was told no by the MS Society. The MS Society said the soonest they can get someone out to my home is next week. Next week seems like a lifetime away. I called her mother this afternoon, and told her that I was going to be sending her home on the next flight I could book her on. Her mother begged me to send her anywhere but Michigan. It's so unreal, and I can't believe I allowed myself to get into this situation.

MENA,

For all your good intentions you're not in a position to debate her family

regarding where she will live because they have already washed their hands.

The more you debate with them the more they will put the onus on YOU.

You're doing the right thing by contacting the local authorities & the MS society.

If you put her on a plane you can almost be sure they won't be there to pick her up.

Then when they investigate who put her on the plane official fingers will point at YOU,

not her family. I would not recommend that, unless it's the authorities who put her

on the plane and pay for it.

Regarding your telephone number, assume the WORST because she has already

given it out. It's what she does. She doesn't even think of things such as your privacy

or personal rights. You may want to contact the phone company to put in appropriate

blocks if you think she may have done that, or get your number changed after she

leaves.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline

That situation sure is tricky. :o

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

I've read some crazy stories on VJ but this one is definitely one of the most shocking... especially since this wheelchair-bound lady is losing everything due to running abroad in hunt of some young blood... nuts what some people will do out of desperation for love... I really hope she's out of your home and life soon, but also that she'll find a safe and welcome place and keep off the pc looking at pics of hot young foreign fellas way out of her league!

Timeline

Extremely tricky, and that is the exact reason why I let the MS now that she can't stay at my home. The good thing is that I live in an upstairs apartment and had I've known her condition I would have told her from day 1 no that she could not come to my apartment for a couple of weeks. The sad part of all of this is that I fear that I will never be able to do another kind deed again.

It's true her family has washed their hands of her; however, the authorities here will end up contacting her family, and placing her in some type of setting anyway. Which I believe once they mention that to Ms. L, she will book her own plane ticket and leave herself. Heck she booked her own plane ticket 2x herself and went to Morocco.

When my husband and I are at work all day, she sits on the computer and chat with different men. The sad part is that she will sit and urinate in her depends without trying to make it to the toliet. Then I have to make her take a bath everyday. If she had it her way she would not bath at all. My apartment would smell of urine. She has no clothes, and she arrived here with no undergarment. I am surprised that they allowed her to fly on Royal Air Morac on Dec 6. She was on a 22hr bus trip from Michigan to JFK in New York. And I know she was not able to use the bathroom on the bus because she's not able to walk.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hearts of gold can be abused, as is happening.

It sounds as though the woman is insane and should be institutionalized.

I'm picturing her going through the newly elevated airport screenings, and it's not pretty. Regardless, you have done MORE than your part, and she must be removed from your premises and your city of residence pronto.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.