imBlank

k1 visa, co-sponsorhip refused

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

cool - so there's a chance for re-adjudication on the visa.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you and your fiance and I really do feel for you. I am sponsoring my fiance on a K-1 as well and my income is probably barely sufficient. I make 8.50 an hour and .50 cent an hour uniform allowance that goes in my pocket anyway. So basically I make 9 an hour full time, with some overtime. I live with my parents who make a combined income of over 100,000/year so I'm planning on using them as a co-sponsor just in case. My fiance's interview's coming up and things like this really discourage me at times. I have that CR-1 option as well but don't you have to wait a certain amount of time to file for it, if you had a K-1 denied?

My question is, did you even submit an I-134 yourself at all? I could be wrong, but it seems like you just submitted a co-sponsor and that's it. Are they giving you a chance to get a job and make some income so she can resubmit the I-134 with more income, or are they just sending it back to the USCIS? My guess is the consulate saw your living situation as potentially really sticky. But it doesn't make it right to do what he did. Immigration in this country is really crooked. Illegals that swim the across the border get their visas and green cards, even amnesty...but your own fiance can't get a visa? I often ask myself what kind of country is this.

I have no other better advice to give you but keep your faith and those prayers. Nothing is impossible with God. I do wish your son will get well and live a normal life as he grow. You are a strong woman...I admire you for that!

Hope God will touch the heart of the consul and reconsider everything and grant your fiance the visa. :) Goodluck in your plan to enter the navy!

Edited by ellmvl

ZlYHm6.png

Timeline

Several people have suggested this, but, it's best said here:

You had two options to get your fiance into the US. A K1 visa which has failed, so the only other option is to get married and file a CR-1. There are many, many reasons that you have given why you can't do that, but the long and the very short of it is: You HAVE to do that. Unfortunately there is no other way, so between you, your fiancee and your family you need to come up with a plan to MAKE it happen or accept that you and your fiance will never be together.

I know it still leaves the child care issue, but you need to start finding CAN DO answers to each problem rather than CAN'T DO.

Why you choose to ignore "your ONLY option" is beyond me. :huh: Sign a few of the credit card offers that come in the mail if you must. Find a Filipina care home to take your son for a couple of weeks, they will surely understand your situation. The most important lesson the Navy will teach you is that you must complete your mission without excuse. Well, make your mission marrying your Fiancé.

Best of luck.

K-1

08/00/04 - Introduction, 08/02/05 - First visit, 06/29/06 - Second visit, 07/10/06 - Engaged

08/10/06 - I-129F mailed USPS

08/18/06 - NOA1 approved, 10/18/06 - NOA2 approved

10/30/06 - NVC MNL# 2006800XXX

11/03/06 - NVC letter received, 11/14/06 - USE received, 12/08/06 - Pre-interview Letter

03/08/07 - Interview - APPROVED

05/19/07 - POE Honolulu

06/28/07 - Wedding

AOS

08/17/07 - AOS, AP & EAD filed

10/09/07 - Biometrics, 10/25/07 - RFE received, 11/05/07 - AP APPROVED, 11/13/07 - AP received

11/08/07 - EAD card in production, 11/16/07 - EAD received

01/24/08 - Interview - APPROVED

ROC

11/06/09 - I-751 mailed to California Service Center

11/09/09 - NOA1 Date, 11/13/09 - check cleared, 12/16/09 - Biometrics

12/28/09 - Card production ordered - received 01/04/10

Citizenship

03/22/11 - N-400 filed

03/25/11 - Item delivered AZ via USPS Priority Mail, 10:15 am

04/20/11 - Biometrics

06/14/11 - Interview -Approved

07/05/11 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

@The_Sage1 >>Yes, I did submit an I-134 for myself stating that I had zero income and in the field where you're supposed to choose between intend/ do not intend I stated on that line that I had co-sponsors and named such co-sponsors.

>> I think that since you do have an income, co-sponsorship would work for you unlike in my situation, I have zero income.

@Patrick808 >>It takes awhile to process for CR-1 once a K1 has been denied, you have to wait for petition initial petition of I-129F to expire. On my end, it expires in February 2010.

@ellmvl >>Right now..I've been praying a lot and so have our friends and family. Hopefully the CO does have a change of heart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
@The_Sage1 >>Yes, I did submit an I-134 for myself stating that I had zero income and in the field where you're supposed to choose between intend/ do not intend I stated on that line that I had co-sponsors and named such co-sponsors.

>> I think that since you do have an income, co-sponsorship would work for you unlike in my situation, I have zero income.

@Patrick808 >>It takes awhile to process for CR-1 once a K1 has been denied, you have to wait for petition initial petition of I-129F to expire. On my end, it expires in February 2010.

@ellmvl >>Right now..I've been praying a lot and so have our friends and family. Hopefully the CO does have a change of heart.

Once your K-1 has been denied you can proceed immediately with another visa. You need to get married of course to pursue the CR-1

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Here's the thing. I just need to pass the NCLEX-RN to get a job. My fiance is also a nurse graduate and is also waiting to take the NCLEX-RN. I can't focus on studying right now since I'm just so stressed out, no time to study or attend review classes. I graduated in 2005. My fiance graduated in 2007. In comparison, hes the smarter one and his chances of passing the nclex are a lot more higher than me. That's more the reason I need him here.

Babysitters are just not an option. Daycare...my kids are banned from daycare thanks to my sons antics. He used to have daycare which cost 100 per week.

The State you live in is legally obligated to provide not only transportation for your son but education as well. And that education can be anywhere in the State. He will be placed with other special needs children where qualified educators will work with him. Contact the Department of Education in your city and inquire. Your daughter should not have been removed from daycare.

I know that was not your main point but you should be an informed parent.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari...-8&oe=UTF-8

Here's how I see it:

1. Concentrate on your kid first. It looks to me like the kid needs all your time right now.

2. Immigration is not easy. NO matter how prepared your fiance is... it will get to him. It will get to your mother when she see's both of you at home and jobless. It will get to your brother. It will fray some nerves and your marriage will not have a smooth start. Finances always strains everybody's nerves no matter how much preparation you get. YES, even if he is a saint. The whole moving your life, not knowing anybody, cannot find work will get to him. Your special child screaming all the time will not help either. I'm not saying your marriage will be doomed. Just that it will be hard... perhaps the hardship from a third world country prepared him for this. I don't know. All I know is that being a newbie here in US, I've gone and have good days and have woken up with terrible depression.

Why not postpone your marriage plans until you can find a job and solution to your child's special needs? If he is faithful and really have good intentions of marrying you, he will understand your circumstances. Likewise, he is a nurse... maybe he will find a hospital that will sponsor a work visa for him.

3. Should you wish to proceed, nothing you can do but to go through the CR1 route. CR1 accepts co-sponsors almost always. It is not a guarantee but it has a better batting average.

Just my two cents. These may not be what you want to hear but I'm just being realistic.

I don't understand the "only option" that keeps getting thrown around here.

The K1 has NOT been denied yet!!

The best advice for her right now is not "shoulda coulda woulda". It is to ride out the additional processing, especially now as the embassy has accepted the other documents.

IF the K-1 is then denied, THEN she will have "only one option".

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I don't understand the "only option" that keeps getting thrown around here.

The K1 has NOT been denied yet!!

The best advice for her right now is not "shoulda coulda woulda". It is to ride out the additional processing, especially now as the embassy has accepted the other documents.

IF the K-1 is then denied, THEN she will have "only one option".

On the day of my fiance's interview, when the consular officer found out that I dont have a job, he outright denied him a visa stating "K1 visa cannot use a co-sponsor. It has to be the petitioner who will be able to provide proof of employment. At this rate, you are denied a visa since there is a likelihood that you will become a public charge of the United States government."

DUDE, read what she posted. It was her words not ours. Sure, embassy cannot deny the visa... they can endorse the denial to USCIS.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
@ Dakine

Yep. exactly. Thats what our family has been discussing. That aside from the co-sponsorship being denied, the CO must have thought that with the age gap and everything, my fiance was just looking for an easy ride into the US. It also doesnt help that he looks really young for his age. Even I have been mistaken to be 17 when I went to get a lost drivers license replaced. But that's only because im only 4 foot 11 and of a slim build. At 24, he still looks like a lanky 5'11 teenager. :blush:

Is it true that you got denied using co-sponsor, I use co-sponsor but the consul didn't denied us we just gave white paper 221g and need the new stating income of my fiance, My Interview last Nov 03 '08 and I just sent the paper from his new employer was

Dec 28 '09 yes its over a year now so I am just waiting to hear from the Embassy what the staus of our case. I believe you just need to get a job and your k1 is still open, as long as you want...

AOS-

09/15/2010 - Sent AOS

09/23/2010 - Receive Text and Email

09/27/2010 - Receive Hard Copy in the Mail (EAD,AP,AOS)

10/13/2010 - RFE on my I-485( waiting the letter on the mail )

10/18/2010 - Biometrics Appointment (touch AOS, EAD at the same day )

10/22/2010 - Sent RFE

10/26/2010 - Touch ( received RFE Under review )

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
DUDE, read what she posted. It was her words not ours. Sure, embassy cannot deny the visa... they can endorse the denial to USCIS.

Actually, ONLY Consular IV units can and do "deny the visa". Then they recommend USCIS revoke the petition. If USCIS reaffirms and sends the petition back, they can deny again. USCIS does not issue visas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The State you live in is legally obligated to provide not only transportation for your son but education as well. And that education can be anywhere in the State. He will be placed with other special needs children where qualified educators will work with him. Contact the Department of Education in your city and inquire. Your daughter should not have been removed from daycare.

I know that was not your main point but you should be an informed parent.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari...-8&oe=UTF-8

This is good advice. Your son based on his special needs is, through the Americans with Disabilities Act, entitled to schooling and transportation which caters to his needs. If he has a diagnosed condition he is also entitled to receive disability payments.

Also in my opinion, as a teacher so take it for what you will, your son seems needs to be tested for something more than ADHD. I hope that he can eventually be treated effectively because you and he certainly do not deserve the life you are having to lead.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.