89 posts in this topic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

you're welcome. he was just online a few days ago :yes:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

post with personal information removed per request of op - post returned below with personal info edited out.

I'm sorry -- I hope something can be worked out. Good luck!

Thank you all! My husband sent me an email of everything they asked him at the interview. He said they had already printed the denial letter before they even asked him any questions. He felt he was doomed from the beginning. He took a number for interview but they called him last. The refused to look at any pics, emails, mail, phone records, nothing. They did not offer an interpreter to help him find some words in english. He speaks english but he forgot what the english words for gallbladder and hernia to tell them what type surgery I had. It's just frustrating to know that they only went by what they saw in our file and did not even give him a chance. It is also sickening that my senator's office said they are denying a lot of muslim men now.

Your senator also said that he was using you for a GC, dont let anything they said get under your skin hun.

If you file again, frontload that petition to the gills with evidence. If they had their minds made up by just looking at your file this time....give them what they want next time, and then some!

good luck and go enjoy your visit with him

Thank you! You are so kind. Here is the email I got from the embassy this morning:

Dear Ms. XXXXX:

As Mr. XXXXX was informed at the conclusion of his interview, Embassy Algiers is returning the petition to USCIS with a recommendation that it be revoked. There will be no additional appointment or interview. For any future communication on this case, please contact your nearest USCIS office. Please be aware that it will take some time for the file to be transferred to USCIS, so you may want to wait a few weeks before attempting to contact them.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Algiers

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

I was wondering how you had gotten married in so short of time in Algeria. The information that I had was it could take like 43 days at the least to even marry there, but after further reading I noticed to you married in Tunisia. If you go to their Gov site and look under marriages, this is the notice it gives...

"Notice

Many marriages between Tunisians and Americans are successful. However, individuals who enter into a relationship for the principal purpose of immigration to the United States are violating U.S. law and could face serious penalties, including fines and imprisonment. In the Embassy's experience, it is not uncommon for Tunisians to seek relationships with Americans solely for immigration purposes. elationships developed via correspondence, particularly those begun on the internet, are particularly susceptible to manipulation. The U.S. government urges Americans who meet Tunisians on the internet or while touring the country, to take the time necessary to get to know them before considering marriage. Unfortunately, the Embassy has seen cases of abuse against American spouses, or marriages that end in divorce when the Tunisian acquires a green card or citizenship in the United States. These cases invariably occur when the relationship is based mostly on Internet communication and very little face-to-face interaction.Periodically, the Embassy is contacted when an American has met a Tunisian online, and while visiting their contact in Tunisia, found themselves in financial or otherwise difficult situations. If you are concerned about a family member or friend who is visiting someone he or she met online, you can contact the American Citizens Services Unit at (216) 71-107-000 or email tunisconsular@state.gov."

Maybe someone did contact them...or maybe It just looks suspicious because you just went there to marry and not spent time with his family or anything.

I do have my own questions though..Do you really think they would deny someone because of them having children or being divorced before?

I was wondering how you had gotten married in so short of time in Algeria. The information that I had was it could take like 43 days at the least to even marry there, but after further reading I noticed to you married in Tunisia. If you go to their Gov site and look under marriages, this is the notice it gives...

"Notice

Many marriages between Tunisians and Americans are successful. However, individuals who enter into a relationship for the principal purpose of immigration to the United States are violating U.S. law and could face serious penalties, including fines and imprisonment. In the Embassy's experience, it is not uncommon for Tunisians to seek relationships with Americans solely for immigration purposes. elationships developed via correspondence, particularly those begun on the internet, are particularly susceptible to manipulation. The U.S. government urges Americans who meet Tunisians on the internet or while touring the country, to take the time necessary to get to know them before considering marriage. Unfortunately, the Embassy has seen cases of abuse against American spouses, or marriages that end in divorce when the Tunisian acquires a green card or citizenship in the United States. These cases invariably occur when the relationship is based mostly on Internet communication and very little face-to-face interaction.Periodically, the Embassy is contacted when an American has met a Tunisian online, and while visiting their contact in Tunisia, found themselves in financial or otherwise difficult situations. If you are concerned about a family member or friend who is visiting someone he or she met online, you can contact the American Citizens Services Unit at (216) 71-107-000 or email tunisconsular@state.gov."

Maybe someone did contact them...or maybe It just looks suspicious because you just went there to marry and not spent time with his family or anything.

I do have my own questions though..Do you really think they would deny someone because of them having children or being divorced before?

My husband's best friend met his wife on the internet and they married in Tunisia also. He is already in the states. They did a 129 so he interviewed in Tunisia. I wish we would have got that route. I did see that notice on the Tunisian embassy website. Our marriage is ligitimate and I just have to find a way to prove it. I would not go through all this hassle and money to get somebody here that I do not love. It's crazy. I just hope it does not take too long to get him here. We are both depressed about it. I could only spend 10 days there with him because that is all the vacation time I had at work at the time. I would have loved to stay a whole month but I have my own bills and responsibilities here. I think the problem is #1 we got the blonde devil interviewing my husband and #2 they most likely think everything was too fast. I can see them thinking that. We were just totally taken by surprise because I never heard of anybody out of Algeria getting denied. Of course there are not that many interviews there either. Just praying it will not take 1 1/2 to 2 years to hear anything or send more proof.

hi

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'll definitely be praying for you! I am planning a trip to Algeria soon and I myself will not be able to stay long because of work. I just hope I don't run into the same problem as you are. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Just wanted to add that I won't be marrying there because of the time frame, but hopefully one day here in the US. I have read of so many couples meeting once and then marrying so that just seems odd.

Edited by sarahnfares

I'll definitely be praying for you! I am planning a trip to Algeria soon and I myself will not be able to stay long because of work. I just hope I don't run into the same problem as you are. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Just wanted to add that I won't be marrying there because of the time frame, but hopefully one day here in the US. I have read of so many couples meeting once and then marrying so that just seems odd.

Thank you! I hope you have a great trip! I wish I would have learned more before I turned in my application. I wish I would have sent more proof in the beginning (frontloading it). Can't cry over spilled milk though just clean it up and pour another glass. ha ha I wish you the best of luck on your journey and I hope you learn from other cases like mine so you don't get caught in the same situation. Good luck!!

hi

I have been emailing the embassy like crazy trying to get an answer as to why the visa was denied or will be sent back to uscis. I got an email today that the application is still in process and they will contact us when they get an answer. What do you think this means? Is it good news????????? I hope so! :unsure:

hi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

To be honest it sounds like a stock answer that they give everyone.

I don't think emailing them is going to help at this point. Have you found a congressman that is willing to assist you?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

To be honest it sounds like a stock answer that they give everyone.

I don't think emailing them is going to help at this point. Have you found a congressman that is willing to assist you?

No I have not found anybody yet.

hi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
"Notice

WOW...they arent messing around or mincing words are they....and they ask people to call if they are "concerned"?

sheesh they must see ALOT of fraud to put it out there like that. It sounds like they already have a bias opinion of internet based relationships there.

April,

I hope its not a stock answer but M4E hs been there and done that so she is probably right. :(

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband went to his interview today and he called me and told me that his visa was denied. They accused him of fraud and did not believe our marriage is valid. They will be sending our application back to uscis. I guess this means we are in ap. He will scan and email the form they gave him when he gets home tomorrow. He went for his medical last week and interview (they had changed the date to the 8th from the 15th). They told him the paperwork was not ready yet and to come back the 15th. He went back today and got the bad news. All these plane flights to Agliers is killing us. I have heard ap can last anywhere from 2 months (not usually that quick but that's what they told him at the embassy) to around 1 year. We have not seen each other in 9 months and this is really killing me (but I know I am not alone). So what happens if the visa is denied? We have to divorce???? I am soooooo devistated!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband thought that because we were married they could not deny us. I told him he was soo wrong and they can do what they want to. I guess he knows now but he does not seem very disturbed by this. Any help, advise, encouragment is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

April :(

hello april i am so sorry to hear that your application was denied...but you are not alone we are in the same boat that happened to me the 5th jan me too i am married with moroccan and my hasbund went to interview last 16dec2009 and they give him letter talk about more evidence..and after 2 day he go to recptionist with much evidence like 300 page ..chat messages..phone records..wester union..emails ..pics etc and after 2 weeks theycall him for second interview and they give him second letter said that our case should back to USCIS for more adjudication and evidence ..we was both sad and sick but thanks god we feel better now and we are decide dont give up ..so i decide to make trip to morocco next 26 feb2010..i dont know what the futur what will hide for us but we feel motived to report the consul decision ..and we have more evidence like we adopte two kids boy 13 years old and girl 16 years old family relative of my husband and i converti a l islam..the kids not eligible to immigrate to USA becoz they are not orphans ..so i ask some of your friends if have something to advice me about this if the certificate of adoption can help like evidence that our relatioship is genuine ? but anyway you dont have to be sad you have to been strong for report that decision..NB: the interview was good i dont hide we have much red flags like age difference and i dont come back to morocco it s 18 months so i have to prepared for more evidence like more trips and more pics ...i will pray for you and need your prayers ..good luck

post-79345-1264182307_thumb.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.