JenandDan

January 2010 K-1 Filers

567 posts in this topic

Here's to waiting for our NOA2s, and then a speedy interview date!

Jan 12, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Jan 14, 2010 - NOA1 issued

Jan 20, 2010 - Touched

Jan 30, 2010 - NOA1 received in mail

Mar 22, 2010 - NOA2! 67 days after NOA1! #222 on Igor's List!

Mar 23, 2010 - Touched

Mar 24, 2010 - NVC Received Petition

Mar 26, 2010 - NVC Sent Petition to Montreal Consulate

Apr 01, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Petition

Apr 13, 2010 - Packet 3 Received

Apr 16, 2010 - Packet 3 Mailed

Apr 20, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Packet 3

May 11, 2010 - Packet 3 Logged

Jun 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received !

Jul 12, 2010 - Medical !!

Aug 25, 2010 - Interview at Montreal Consulate !!! APPROVED !!!

Sep 08, 2010 - Port of Entry in Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge !!!

Sep 25, 2010 - Wedding Day !!!!

Nov 15, 2010 - AOS + EAD sent

Nov 23, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 24, 2010 - AOS + EAD touched

Jan 06, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2011 - EAD approved!

Mar 29, 2011 - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! APPROVED !!!

Apr 07, 2011 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 - ROC sent

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
That's awesome! I'm so happy for you! I hope this means good news for the rest of us! :)

See...I told you there was nothing to worry about...!!!! :thumbs: Yes that's good news n I'm happy for you too....now we wait... :blush:

~Johnny~

Timeline
Congratulations!!! Isn't it so exciting when you get the NOA1? I was so relieved!

omg I'm glad someone else got as excited as I did when they got their NOA1..I started jumping up and down and then I started crying lol!! congratulations!!!

Yeah...it was a funny site for me and I suppose for my neighbor didn't get it........but you know how it feels to see that USA NOA1!!!! I been RE-reading this 129F for 4 months!!! Was such a relief to have it moving forward. Congrats to you as well!! Let's all pray for speedy NOA2s!! :thumbs:

Edited by duplantisjj

~Johnny~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
Add me to the Jan 2010 filers. All paperwork is filled out, signed and in a folder. Will send out fed-ex first thing in the morning! I've looked through the papers at least 10 times, it's 70 pages with all evidence of relationship proof information... Hope CSC employees come to work in a good mood this week!

Alan

70 PAGES???

Gosh I am nervous now.

We only have 25 pages, including forms. Getting ready to send in the packet tomorrow (at least I thought we were going to, now I'm nervous) What is enough and what is too much? I've seen so much that said to not send more than was listed, even saw one listing (GOD ONLY KNOWS where I saw this note) that said not to send more than 4-6 pictures.

How much "relationship proof" did you have? Maybe that's what I need to add to??

Anyone else want to chime in on how many pages is "enough"?

Reading the instructions and taking them literally, I thought we had enough. Afraid to send too much and afraid now to send too little!

Input??

Our Timeline

June 13, 2009- We met in Honduras (mission trip for me, school for him)

June-July, 2009- Getting to know each other better via Skype & emails

August 2, 2009- Officially a couple

Dec 2009- Thanks to God, Allan visited USA, speaking at churches

Jan 09, 2010- Engaged!!

Jan 13, 2010- Allan returned to Costa Rica

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb 09, 2010 - I-129F sent I-129F via Express mail to VT center

Feb 11, 2010 - NOA1 approved

May 17, 2010 - Received email that NOA2 was issued! (95 days after NOA1)

May 22, 2010 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

May 25, 2010 - Packet sent to Costa Rican Embassy

June 07,2010 - Phone call from Embassy, arranged to pick up packet

June 17,2010 - Pick up Packet 3

July 23,2010 - Liz travels to Costa Rica

July 26,2010 - Interview Date (70 days after NOA2- long paper chase in Central America)

July 26,2010 - K-1 Visa APPROVED!!!! Thanks to God!!!! \o/\o/

July 28,2010 - Liz returns to USA

July 29,2010 - Allan picks up Visa

Aug 11,2010 - Allan POE (Denver) NO PROBLEMS, it was easy!

Sept 25,2010 - Wedding Date

3Rj1m5.png

Sept 25-Oct 1 - Honeymoon away

Oct 2, 2010 - Begin honeymoon at home (for the rest of our lives)

AOS TIMELINE

Oct 13, 2010 - AOS & EAD Application Mailed

Oct 14, 2010 - Tracking number shows packet received at Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2010 - Received Electronic Notice of NOA1 for AOS & EAD

Timeline

Good morning Keepermom...

Don't be nervous as each petition is different. In my case 22 pages were the copy of my divorce decree alone! I also chose to "front load" my petition, so we not only included proof of having met (passport entry stamp pages, airline ticket boarding passes, hotel receipts, some photos) but also included some proof of ongoing relationship (phone records, selected email printouts, copy of Vanessa's engagement ring receipt, etc.).

Most of the advice you'll see on this forum will tell you that you really can't send "too much stuff", while a few others will tell you that they've had success with the bare minimum that USCIS stipulates... My opinion was that if I sent more than the minimum USCIS requires that I could head off any potential RFE's. Plus, my thoughts were that evereything I sent into the USCIS would be forwarded to the Consualte in San Jose so I wanted as complete of a petition as possible.

If you take the bare minimum as a giude you'll come up with approximately this:

Cover letter 1 Page

I-192F Petition 3 Pages

I-129F Supplement 1 Page (If needed)

G-325A (you) 1 Page

G-325A (fiancee) 1 Page

Birth Certificate (USC) 1 Page

Divorce Decree 10 Page (estimate) - mine was a whopping 22 pages!!! (If Applicible)

Letter of Intent to marry 1 Page

Proof of having met 1 Page (passport page with entry stamp)

Boarding passes 1 Page (scanned all boarding pases from each trip on one sheet)

Hotel receipts 1 Page

Photographs 4 Pages (scanned 2 photos on each page total 8 photos)

w/o divorce decree approximately: 17 pages (bare minimum)

with all passport pages: add an additional 15 pages (30 pages in passport - 2 pages on each sheet) = 32 pages

Hope this helps!

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

Don't be nervous as each petition is different. In my case 22 pages were the copy of my divorce decree alone! I also chose to "front load" my petition, so we not only included proof of having met (passport entry stamp pages, airline ticket boarding passes, hotel receipts, some photos) but also included some proof of ongoing relationship (phone records, selected email printouts, copy of Vanessa's engagement ring receipt, etc.).

Most of the advice you'll see on this forum will tell you that you really can't send "too much stuff", while a few others will tell you that they've had success with the bare minimum that USCIS stipulates... My opinion was that if I sent more than the minimum USCIS requires that I could head off any potential RFE's. Plus, my thoughts were that evereything I sent into the USCIS would be forwarded to the Consualte in San Jose so I wanted as complete of a petition as possible.

Cover letter 1 Page

I-192F Petition 3 Pages

G-325A (you) 1 Page

G-325A (fiancee) 1 Page

Divorce Decree 10 Page (estimate) - mine was a whopping 22 pages!!! (If Applicible)

Hotel receipts 1 Page

with all passport pages: add an additional 15 pages (30 pages in passport - 2 pages on each sheet) = 32 pages

Hope this helps!

Alan

Exactly! :thumbs::thumbs:

Mine was about 40 pages, but I included ferry tickets and boarding passes that had our names on it, various receipts, baggage claim tickets, ATM receipts and movie theater tickets (which has the city name and theater name on them). I included birth certificate and full copy of passport (like everyone says, leave no doubt). And I printed two sheets of pictures with 4 pictures on each sheet, on photo paper with detailed descriptions under each photo. Page number is not as important as making sure you answer all the questions and leave no doubt in the mind of the person handling your petition. I even used the ACCO thingy...and tabbed my sections on the bottom. You never know...they may move it faster if they don't have to work too hard... ;)

Edited by duplantisjj

~Johnny~

Cover letter 1 Page

I-192F Petition 3 Pages

G-325A (you) 1 Page

G-325A (fiancee) 1 Page

Hotel receipts 1 Page

Hope this helps!

Alan

*waves to Alan* Just thought I'd drop in as a Feb filer and see what all the Jan filers are chatting about :D

22 pages?? Holy smokes! Mine is 1 page. That's it. lol Hope we don't get an RFE going "hey, where's the rest of it?" :blink:

Just wanted to add that I also had a proof of name change document, my now former marriage. And you're supposed to send 2 copies of the G-325A. It used to have 4 identical sheets that you printed out, but the VSC Director in his Q&A with Gary and Alla said that Adjudicators were throwing 2 of the 4 away, 2 is sufficient.

I included scanned boarding passes, travel itineraries and luggage tags for each of my 5 trips, plus a cover sheet listing what was in each clipped pack and included a scan of my POE stamp at the bottom of the cover sheet. Ry's 2 trips we just had the itineraries, since he couldn't find his passport! We used his Birth Cert as proof of citizenship. So more than is needed but it serves as a proof of ongoing relationship too, since the trips span from Sept 07 to Jan 10. I also threw in 3 pages with 6 photos total, a print out of our yahoo chat archive log (2 pages for the past year) and 2 clean chat logs, of about 8 pages each.

So our total is approx 72 pages.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

And just wanted to add a Good Luck to all Jan 2010 filers. The faster they get through you guys, the faster they'll get to us! :thumbs: lol..

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Congrats to everyone who has sent out their I-129F packets and good luck on speedy approvals!

I have a couple questions for you guys. I am sending out my documents on Friday, and I am stressing! I have been with my Fiance for 2 years, we have taken numerous vacations together, and we have literally thousands of pictures together. Unfortunately we didn't save much of a paper trail. Just how much do you think is needed? I only have one set of boarding passes and my luggage tags from the last trip I made to the UK. I have bank statements showing the purchases of plane tickets, hotel receipts, dated tickets to sporting events with photos collaborating we attended, photos with my family, and we even have a joint checking account here in the US with a letter from the bank manager stating that we were both present when we opened it. Even though there is no doubt that we have a legitimate relationship, I mean we even lived together for 3 months in England, I am so nervous that they will want more paper evidence like more boarding passes and stuff. I was also wondering, am I supposed to send in actual photos, or sheets of photos on photo paper? I want to hire an attorney to help me, but there doesn't seem to be many that will just look over all of my evidence and tell me if it is correct. Any help you can give me will be awesome. I am freaking out here!

Thanks!

Shara

Timeline

Sharaincali...

The I-129F is just about proof that the two of you have met within the past 2 years. As Keepermom asked in an earlier thread, each petition is different and some folks send in minimal amounts of proof, some send in mountains...

The best proof of meeting is passport pages with entry/exit stamps, hotel receipts and boarding passes from the flights you've taken to see your SO. Photograps are excellent secondary evidence of you having had met in person.

As far as the photos, scan them and print them out 4 or so to a page (won't hurt to make a note under each stating what the photgraph is).

My belief is that I'd rather send too much information than not enough. My hope is that I'll avoid a RFE by supplying more than the bare minimum that the USCIS requires, therefore saving time in the long run.

Sounds like you have excellent evidence of an ongoing relationship as well as the proof of meeting in person. Now your choice is whether or not to "front load" the petition or supply the proof of relationship at the interview stage.

As far as needing a lawyer... You'll find that most people's advice here is that if you have a fairly straighforward case you don't need a lawyer. Why give your hard earned money to someone when you can do (in all honesty) a better job. Afterall, who has your best interest at heart: you or a paid employee. Also, all the lawyer does is enter the information that YOU provide to him on the forms that are available for free... If your case has unique factors that you feel warrant a lawyer's representation (ie: waiver required, IMBRA difficulties, etc...) then perhaps a lawyer is in order - but for the most part we're all "do it yourselfers"...

Ask questions - there are excellent sources for advice here. We're just one big happy VJ family (albeit sometimes a little dysfunctional)..

Alan

SunDrop...

In my opinon :innocent: it's gonna be a great day!!!!!!!!! lol

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Wow, the last month has kinda slowly creeped by, and now it feels like it has just flown by. Yesterday, it was a month that I mailed the petition, today is a month that it was received...and tomorrow will be the one month anniversary of receiving our NOA1. My guess/goal from the beginning was to receive the NOA2 by the end of April and we are right on schedule with that.

Oh, and I will be flying to Heathrow next Thur/Fri to spend about 10 days with my fiance - so the next few weeks should pass rather quickly too, even though I wish they would slowly creep along!!

Can't wait to hear from the first January CSC K-1 filer to get their NOA2. Good Luck everyone on a speedy journey!

K-1 Visa / I-129F

January 11, 2010 - I mailed K-1 Visa I-129F Petition Overnight Express Mail

February 25, 2010 - Notice date of NOA2 (read the e-mail notice on his birthday 2/26/2010)

May 12, 2010 - Interview - Approved!!!

May 25, 2010 - received Visa back in time to make May 26th Flight :)

June 9, 2010 - Married!!!

AOS:

November 1, 2010 - Sent AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation

November 03, 2010 - Delivered 9:57 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603

November 10, 2010 - Received 3 e-mail & text message NOA1s from USCIS

November 12, 2010 - Received 3 NOA1s hardcopy in mail

November 19, 2010 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in mail

December 3, 2010 - AOS - I-485 transferred to CSC

December 13, 2010 - Biometrics Appointment - Milwaukee, WI - 10:00 a.m.

January 10, 2011 - AOS Touch - I-485 - Still in Initial Review

January 19, 2011 - Complete Congresswoman inquiry paperwork and deliver it to Congresswoman's office

January 20, 2011 - Received e-mail & text message saying status updated : USCIS says AOS approved & card production ordered.

January 21, 2011 - Received multiple e-mails/texts regarding updated statuses on both AOS & EAD, some confusing!

January 26, 2011 - Received Legal Permanent Resident card in mail.

ROC:

January 2013 - Filed ROC & Received approval in June 2013

N-400 / Naturalization:

2020 - Started Naturalization ppwk prior to COVID pandemic, and when we couldn't get passport photos at local AAA office - set it aside

March 2021 - Finishing Naturalization ppwk and filing ASAP

October 4, 2022 - ASAP turned into putzing and putting off...and finally filing on 10/4/22.

11/25/22 - Received notice of N-400 Interview on 1/5/23

1/5/23 - Naturalization Interview

2/9/23 - Naturlization Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Can't wait to hear from the first January CSC K-1 filer to get their NOA2. Good Luck everyone on a speedy journey!

I'll be happy to start hearing from those too.... :dance: Coz it means I'm getting close!!

~Johnny~

Dropped my I-129F packet off today, all 3 lbs of it! $27.01 was the total to ship it, well worth it I think!! One question I have, since it is going to a PO Box, how does someone sign for that? Oh, it is supposed to be a PO box right? That is the address on the USCIS website. I was very meticulous, so I am hoping it will go through without any problems. Good luck to everyone!!

Well we have had our military expedite approved and we received our NOA2 yesterday woo hoo

Good luck to all the other January filers!!!!

Removal of Conditions

09/03/2012 - Window opens

10/03/2012 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

10/05/2012 - Arrived @ VSC

09/19/2012 - NOA1 dated (actually received 11/7/12)

12/11/2012 - Biometrics taken

12/03/2012 - Conditional Green Card expires

Timeline

Visacat-

Congratulations on your speedy approval! Please wish your future husband best wishes and a safe deployment - we are grateful to your fiancee for his service to his country!

Alan

US Army CWO- Retired

Edited by az110965

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.