JenandDan

January 2010 K-1 Filers

567 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
Hey...I'm feeling the same way! CSC received our K1 petition on Wednesday morning last week and still have not cashed my check. I get nervous when I see some people here getting checks cashed the next day after receipt of petition and getting their NOA1 at the same time and ours sitting there untouched. ANd I did write 129F on our envelope....:(

I'm just anxious to get a case number and finally get in the system que.... but they recieved ours on Jan 27 and it's Feb 1 now... and nothing....at least cash my check....let me know something is happening... :blush: Only how many days to go???

Well, if nothing else, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been put on the back burner right now! I guess they're pretty bogged down and I can't blame them for taking a long time, but you know, something, anyyyything would be nice just to make sure I haven't ruined the whole application. I'm sure (or I'm hoping!) we're not the first people to have a bit of a long waiting time, but yeah, when I see the time lines for people that go so swiftly it makes me nervous. Ah well. Fingers crossed, right? If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'm going to try and call their service line and see if I can get a hold of a normal person who wants to help. Fingers crossed for both of us! :(

Before Journey:

Met online in 2002 as friends. Fell in love in 2005. Got engaged in 2010.

K-1 Journey, January 2010-July 2010:

NOA1: January 29. RFE: April 21. NOA2: June 4. Interview: July 15. Visa in hand: July 20. POE: July 22.

July 24, 2010: Married in front of 150 of our loved ones on a beautiful, sunny day. Living happily ever after and oh so thankful that 5 years of a long distance relationship and 7 months of a visa process is condensed into one line.

Wedding pictures! Because I'm shameless. http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/AmeriDaneWedding/

Adjustment of Status Journey, January 2011-March 2011:

January 25: NOA1 for AOS and EAD. Feb 5: Bio appointment received. Feb 7: RFE. Feb 11: Sent RFE response. Feb 23: AOS transfered to CSC. Feb 25: Biometrics. March 11: EAD approved! March 19: Received EAD. March 21: AOS approved! March 25: GC in hand!

And we'll live happily ever after.. for the next 2 years, anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I mailed in our I-129F packed on 1/25/10. I was so nervous, I checked it over and over and did everything they recommended on this site. The tips on here were really helpful... Before I found this site I felt completely lost and was so worried about doing this on my own but having this forum is so encouraging! I love reading about everyone's different stories and experiences!

-Kayla

9/30/07 - We met in South Korea

11/7/07 - We started dating

03/1/09 - We got an apartment together

11/9/09 - Kayla moved back to the U.S.

1/25/10 - I-129F packet sent to Vermont

1/28/10 - I-129F packet delivered to Vermont

1/28/10 - NOA1 issued

2/02/10 - Touched

2/03/10 - Glenn moved back to Canada

2/03/10 - Received Hard Copy of NOA1

3/04/10 - Touched

4/28/10 - NOA2 issued

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
I mailed in our I-129F packed on 1/25/10. I was so nervous, I checked it over and over and did everything they recommended on this site. The tips on here were really helpful... Before I found this site I felt completely lost and was so worried about doing this on my own but having this forum is so encouraging! I love reading about everyone's different stories and experiences!

-Kayla

Welcome Kayla!

We're all in the same boat and we've all checked and rechecked our I-129F's numerous times before sending it in to the USCIS. Welcome to the waiting game!

You are right - the forums have a wealth of knowledge and information and everyday you'll learn something new about the process. It's great getting information from people who have "been there, done that". Keep reading the forums and before you know it your fiancee will be here with you.

Welcome to the Jan 2010 gang!

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

WooHoooo!!! Just checked the mail on my way home!!.....Thought for sure I had RFE because they haven't cashed check yet!! Got NOA1, received date of 1/27/2010....I mailed it out on 1/26/2010.. They haven't cashed the check yet...:) Go CSC!! I hope.....the rest is this good... :mellow: Thanks to this site for a lot of knowledge!! According to the timeline ...if we have no RFE's ..we should be adjudicated by April 28 - May 10....!!

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by duplantisjj

~Johnny~

Timeline
WooHoooo!!! Just checked the mail on my way home!!.....Thought for sure I had RFE because they haven't cashed check yet!! Got NOA1, received date of 1/27/2010....I mailed it out on 1/26/2010.. They haven't cashed the check yet...:) Go CSC!! I hope.....the rest is this good... :mellow: Thanks to this site for a lot of knowledge!! According to the timeline ...if we have no RFE's ..we should be adjudicated by April 28 - May 10....!!

Good luck everyone!!

YAAAY!! I'm so happy for you!! This is great news, congrats! I hope I get mine sometime this week too. :)

04-00-2009 Met

11-20-2009 Engaged!!

01-29-2010 I-129F sent to CSC

02-01-2010 NOA1

04-30-2010 NOA2

06-30-2010 Interview Vancouver

7-10-2010 Wedding??

Timeline

Good luck everyone!!

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you! I hope this means good news for the rest of us! :)

Before Journey:

NOA1: January 29. RFE: April 21. NOA2: June 4. Interview: July 15. Visa in hand: July 20. POE: July 22.

July 24, 2010: Married in front of 150 of our loved ones on a beautiful, sunny day. Living happily ever after and oh so thankful that 5 years of a long distance relationship and 7 months of a visa process is condensed into one line.

Wedding pictures! Because I'm shameless. http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/AmeriDaneWedding/

January 25: NOA1 for AOS and EAD. Feb 5: Bio appointment received. Feb 7: RFE. Feb 11: Sent RFE response. Feb 23: AOS transfered to CSC. Feb 25: Biometrics. March 11: EAD approved! March 19: Received EAD. March 21: AOS approved! March 25: GC in hand!

Timeline

Thanks for the support! I never thought just getting the NOA1 would make me or my fiance' so happy! There was a woman at my condo mailboxes and she was freaking out on me jumping up and down with the NOA1....she said...oooooo IRS Refund?? I said no...It's a NOA1..!!! :jest: She gave me the strangest look!!

From what I'm reading, it sounds as though CSC and VSC are running through K1's pretty quickly... I think CSC is a month slower...but it's nice to at least be in the que...:) I hope and pray that everyone here has a speedy journey!!

Edited by duplantisjj

~Johnny~

Timeline

Well, no NOA1 yet, but they DID cash the check so that has to be a good thing, right? :D I'm ecstatic! I was starting to really freak out, but now I'm feeling much more relaxed. I hope I get the NOA1 soon and that it goes smoothly for everyone else!

Before Journey:

Timeline
Well, no NOA1 yet, but they DID cash the check so that has to be a good thing, right? :D I'm ecstatic! I was starting to really freak out, but now I'm feeling much more relaxed. I hope I get the NOA1 soon and that it goes smoothly for everyone else!

If your bank has the ability online, you might be able to get a scan of the check and see the NOA1 number on back. Then you can go online and check status to see when they actually receeived and assigned the case.

~Johnny~

hi guys i am about to send out my I-129 form and i got a qouestion about proof of visitation. do i need to copy all pages of my passport,

or only the one's whit the stamps of borders that i crossed over thank you for your help

Timeline
hi guys i am about to send out my I-129 form and i got a qouestion about proof of visitation. do i need to copy all pages of my passport,

or only the one's whit the stamps of borders that i crossed over thank you for your help

I gave them all copies of mine just to prevent an RFE later. I know they needed ALL copies if you use your passport for proof of identity. But I gave them a copy of my birth certificate and a copy of all pages of my passport. And I even added an extra copy of the stamped passport page in my section for evidence of meeting. I believe in giving them no doubt..and no reason to ask anymore questions... :blush:

And really, it'll just cost you a dollar more to copy the whole thing.

Edited by duplantisjj

~Johnny~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

We sent our I-129F packet on 1/14/10 and we received the NOA1 on 1/25/10.

We are so excited to be starting this process! Good luck to everyone.

Timeline

I got our NOA1 yesterday!!! I was so worried that I'd accidentally put something completely wrong on the forms or forgotten to sign something... When I saw it I was so happy I started crying lol.. I know we could still get RFEs and that there's still a long way to go but it was such an exciting first step!! (L)

1/28/10 - NOA1 issued

2/02/10 - Touched

3/04/10 - Touched

4/28/10 - NOA2 issued

ticker.png

Timeline
We sent our I-129F packet on 1/14/10 and we received the NOA1 on 1/25/10.

We are so excited to be starting this process! Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations!!! Isn't it so exciting when you get the NOA1? I was so relieved!

Thanks for the support! I never thought just getting the NOA1 would make me or my fiance' so happy! There was a woman at my condo mailboxes and she was freaking out on me jumping up and down with the NOA1....she said...oooooo IRS Refund?? I said no...It's a NOA1..!!! :jest: She gave me the strangest look!!

From what I'm reading, it sounds as though CSC and VSC are running through K1's pretty quickly... I think CSC is a month slower...but it's nice to at least be in the que...:) I hope and pray that everyone here has a speedy journey!!

omg I'm glad someone else got as excited as I did when they got their NOA1..I started jumping up and down and then I started crying lol!! congratulations!!!

1/28/10 - NOA1 issued

2/02/10 - Touched

3/04/10 - Touched

4/28/10 - NOA2 issued

ticker.png

Timeline
omg I'm glad someone else got as excited as I did when they got their NOA1..I started jumping up and down and then I started crying lol!! congratulations!!!

I felt the same way today when I got the mail! The mail was 2 hours later than usual too, but it was worth the wait. I don't think I've ever been so excited for a single piece of mail, hahaha. It's the best early birthday present ever! And by the way, I think maybe Vermont is racist against NJ since they seemed to take so long with ours.. haters. :P

Before Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.