cherryred_04

a filipina friend of mind in my area ...who just got married ask help...

116 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone i meet a filipina friend in my area who arrived her as KI-VISA the got married last month but they notice they are not compitable each other and find it out they will fight for some of simply probs so she is worry about her situition if she can stay long in here because she have her cousin also married in th same state maybee can help her to stay ..she is asking the length of her stay in US and asking any option if its better for her to file a divorce?are what are also the possible result if she file a divorce even without a green card can she re marry again if by chance she can meet another guy..that is only her advance questions...but she scared about the situition the guy she become a husband treating her bad already..so anyone in here can advice my friends..that would be of great help for my friend..thanks to all...

K1 -visa:Timeline

6/26/08:resent the 1-129f package to VSC

8/21/08:received NOA1 in the mail,yeyeyeh i was relief after the long period of waiting

1/28/09:NOA2 received ...in 161 days from NOA1

2/10/09:received appointment letter from USEM

3/11 - 12 : MEDICAL -- passed

3/30/09: INTERVIEW -- APPROVED

4/02/09:VISA deliver at home at 2:45 pm

5/28/09:SSN arrived after less than 1 week from filling.

6/01/09:Wedding day.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS :Journey

07/08/09:sent the 1-485 forms for adjustment of status package to chicago (USPS)..Day 1

07/10/09:arrived USCIS,chicago...(when i checked the USPS post office)...Day 3

07/12/09:check cashed...Day 5

07/15/09:noa1 date for (AOS,AED,AP)i thanks god for everything...(date arrived,07/20/09)...Day 10

08/12/09:calling USCIS to check the bio apt...Day 35

08/25/09:bio notice date issued...Day 48

08/29/09:bio notice received.(thank u so much mama mary...)...Day 52

09/04/09:AP arrived in the mail (date issued 08/27/09)

09/09/09:biometrics done...

09/17/09:EAD = card arrived today...so happy...

10/03/09:interview notice received

11/05/09:AOS -- interview approved (thank u mama mary)...

11/16/09: GREEN CARD arrived today...

.........o0o...............

My advice for her would be to go back to the Philippines. There is nothing here for her now since she has a failed marriage and it would be better for her to be with her family back in the Philippines.

she can only adjust her status based on her marriage to her husband(petitioner of her k1 visa). If they are going to divorce she has to go back to her country.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
My advice for her would be to go back to the Philippines. There is nothing here for her now since she has a failed marriage and it would be better for her to be with her family back in the Philippines.

i agree with daruma....there is really no reason for her to stay here consider that the petitioner and her had failed relationship...even she got divorce she still cant stay..especially with short time of marriage..no one can adjust her status except the petitioner..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for the quick reply so meaning to say if she will filled a divorce she have no chances to stay here in the US?What about if she filled a greencard for her own would that be not possible for my friend...hoping some other members here can add some good advice...well if going back to her homeplace is the best solution that is maybe the last option she can do...thanks again everyone...

K1 -visa:Timeline

6/26/08:resent the 1-129f package to VSC

8/21/08:received NOA1 in the mail,yeyeyeh i was relief after the long period of waiting

1/28/09:NOA2 received ...in 161 days from NOA1

2/10/09:received appointment letter from USEM

3/11 - 12 : MEDICAL -- passed

3/30/09: INTERVIEW -- APPROVED

4/02/09:VISA deliver at home at 2:45 pm

5/28/09:SSN arrived after less than 1 week from filling.

6/01/09:Wedding day.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS :Journey

07/08/09:sent the 1-485 forms for adjustment of status package to chicago (USPS)..Day 1

07/10/09:arrived USCIS,chicago...(when i checked the USPS post office)...Day 3

07/12/09:check cashed...Day 5

07/15/09:noa1 date for (AOS,AED,AP)i thanks god for everything...(date arrived,07/20/09)...Day 10

08/12/09:calling USCIS to check the bio apt...Day 35

08/25/09:bio notice date issued...Day 48

08/29/09:bio notice received.(thank u so much mama mary...)...Day 52

09/04/09:AP arrived in the mail (date issued 08/27/09)

09/09/09:biometrics done...

09/17/09:EAD = card arrived today...so happy...

10/03/09:interview notice received

11/05/09:AOS -- interview approved (thank u mama mary)...

11/16/09: GREEN CARD arrived today...

.........o0o...............

she can only apply for her greencard through her marriage to the petitioner of her k1 visa.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

thanks for the quick reply so meaning to say if she will filled a divorce she have no chances to stay here in the US?What about if she filled a greencard for her own would that be not possible for my friend...hoping some other members here can add some good advice...well if going back to her homeplace is the best solution that is maybe the last option she can do...thanks again everyone...

She can not file for her GC she has not gone thru AOS and if she files for a divorce her only option, other then remain (illegally at some point in time) can and will have serious consequences. Best solution is to return to the PI.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only the petitioner can appy for her status..which is Conditional Permanent Resident..

If she meet a new guy and plan to re marry after the divorce she still have to go back in philippines and let the new guy petition her...

And why divorce?why dont they try to go in marriage counsel and try to work it out...as you said its only a month and adjustment in your new life maybe is a big factor...you know stress,homesick,culture shock(maybe)...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hello everyone i meet a filipina friend in my area who arrived her as KI-VISA the got married last month but they notice they are not compitable each other and find it out they will fight for some of simply probs so she is worry about her situition if she can stay long in here because she have her cousin also married in th same state maybee can help her to stay ..she is asking the length of her stay in US and asking any option if its better for her to file a divorce?are what are also the possible result if she file a divorce even without a green card can she re marry again if by chance she can meet another guy..that is only her advance questions...but she scared about the situition the guy she become a husband treating her bad already..so anyone in here can advice my friends..that would be of great help for my friend..thanks to all...

I think your friend is very " lucky " to have a cousin that lives in the same state! I think your friend is also " lucky " to realize that after such a short marriage that they are incompatible! I am really " surprised " with her optimism of (meeting by chance another guy and remarrying), I wonder if by chance the future husband would of had difficulties with the petition in regards to income, criminal history, legal status, passport,travel costs, etc. Have you asked your friend about any attempts towards seeking professional help with their marriage issues or if he is abusing her has she sought help from law enforcement agencies or others? I sorry if this post seems cynical, but the question about the chance meeting of guy and then the cousin living in the same state and a very brief marriage, just threw flags up for me!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: Timeline

Your friend's case sounds -and if it is not, apologies- like a textbook case of someone who just took a pansy to come over to the US; with no intention of remaining married. If she does not adjust her current status through her current husband, she will be out of status and subject to deportation.

If her marriage is THAT bad, she can always go home.

Your friend's case sounds -and if it is not, apologies- like a textbook case of someone who just took a pansy to come over to the US; with no intention of remaining married. If she does not adjust her current status through her current husband, she will be out of status and subject to deportation.

If her marriage is THAT bad, she can always go home.

:thumbs: ...

I would recommend counseling first and they need time to adjust...

Loilyn & Glenn

Date of Marriage: 05-30-09

Mailed I-130: 06-17-09

Date Received: 06-18-09

Received NOA1: 06-26-09

NOA2 Approved: 09-03-09

Received Case No: 09-17-09

Received DS-3032: 9-22-09 email

Received AOS: 9-22-09 email

Paid AOS: 9-23-09 online payment

AOS Payment PAID Status: 09-27-09

Send I-864 Affidavit of Support: 9-28-09 Send Standard Overnight

Affidavit of Support Received 10-02-09 process

Awaiting for DS2030 it was emailed to NVC on 09-23-09 (When sending in DS2030 send via airmal standard Overnight and email . It takes a while for them to process if you send it email only)

Send via airmail DS2030 10-07-09 (Standard Delivery)

Check Status Of IV Bill 10-13-09 ( Ready to be Paid)

Paid IV Bill 10-14-09

Received IV Bill 10-14-09

DS-230 send 10-17-09 (standard delivery)

NVC Received 10-23-09

Login In Failed 10-28-09

Called NVC operator said Case is in final review to be completed.

Case Complete: 10-29-09

Medical Exam 11-18-09 & 11-19-09 Passed

Interview 12-08-09 He passed the Interview

Visa Received 12-09-09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

well, its always sad news to hear, but

if impossible to know happy marriage, then suggest:

1. husband file for divorce

2. wife sign 'waiver to appear paper' same day

then she engage with 'work-abroad-nanny' company in singapore, for a year, regroup, regrow her life.

her cousin can not help her - this visa type requires husband to file AOS documents - and it must be the same human that filed the K-1 petition on her behalf.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Fraud Fraud Fraud. Heck just use VJ to find out ways to beat Homeland Security by trumping up so elaborate argument on why you should be allowed to stay here in the States. My question would be if she could stomach him when he visited her in her home land why then when she comes to USA now she doesn't want him at all. If this was fraud shame on her and shame on you for helping her. Too many of us do the immigration process the right way.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.