Angel and Gendy

Starting the process! -or- are all lawyers this useless?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I presume he's talking about the image in my sig.

No. what he is talking about is that you, or anyone else, makes a reasonable argument not to use an attorney. when he cannot present a reasonable argument to pay someone thousands of dollars to fill out TWO forms with information you provide and put it in an envelope with documents you provide, then there is an attempt to "criminalize" the poster and have them removed by some adminstrative means. For whatever reason, this site has allowed this, and even has allowed another attorney advocate to tell Moderators "F... you!" and get away with it. Attorneys and their advocates are not good losers and do not play fair. They cannot. Any attorney who is honest with you about what they do for thousands of dollars will quickly go out of business.

Here is the deal, whether anyone likes it or not. When you hire an attorney, you are paying them thousands of dollars to fill out TWO forms and paper clip copies of documents you give them. That is all. Period. If you really do have complications or problems, it will cost you MUCH more than the thousands you pay for them to fill out two forms. The best defense against parasites is knowledge. If you can read this, you have all the knowledge you need to defend yourself against the paraistes that prey on victims in this process, particularly attorneys and Civil Surgeons.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Responding with mod hat off.....

No. what he is talking about is that you, or anyone else, makes a reasonable argument not to use an attorney. when he cannot present a reasonable argument to pay someone thousands of dollars to fill out TWO forms with information you provide and put it in an envelope with documents you provide, then there is an attempt to "criminalize" the poster and have them removed by some adminstrative means. For whatever reason, this site has allowed this, and even has allowed another attorney advocate to tell Moderators "F... you!" and get away with it. Attorneys and their advocates are not good losers and do not play fair. They cannot. Any attorney who is honest with you about what they do for thousands of dollars will quickly go out of business.

You are making a blind assumption. His issue was with the image in my sig. It had nothing to do with mods "criminalizing" non-attorney advocates and even less to do with attorney advocates. That sparks of obsessiveness.

Here is the deal, whether anyone likes it or not. When you hire an attorney, you are paying them thousands of dollars to fill out TWO forms and paper clip copies of documents you give them. That is all. Period. If you really do have complications or problems, it will cost you MUCH more than the thousands you pay for them to fill out two forms. The best defense against parasites is knowledge. If you can read this, you have all the knowledge you need to defend yourself against the paraistes that prey on victims in this process, particularly attorneys and Civil Surgeons.

I think we all understand your strongly held position that you do not advocate the use or the advice of an attorney. But calling them all parasites speaks more to your own character than theirs. You cannot know every individual situation, so broad sweeping generalizations of an entire discipline is irresponsible given the influence you have on this board. Some advocate for; some advocate against. Each one of us is allowed our own opinion; differing viewpoints can be a good thing. But it is ultimately up to each individual whether to use an attorney in their particular situation or not. Basically calling someone less than intelligent for choosing to use one certainly won't endear you to them.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
You cannot know every individual situation, so broad sweeping generalizations of an entire discipline is irresponsible
Word -- and the unquoted parts, too, si man. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

You are making a blind assumption. His issue was with the image in my sig. It had nothing to do with mods "criminalizing" non-attorney advocates and even less to do with attorney advocates. That sparks of obsessiveness.

I think we all understand your strongly held position that you do not advocate the use or the advice of an attorney. But calling them all parasites speaks more to your own character than theirs. You cannot know every individual situation, so broad sweeping generalizations of an entire discipline is irresponsible given the influence you have on this board. Some advocate for; some advocate against. Each one of us is allowed our own opinion; differing viewpoints can be a good thing. But it is ultimately up to each individual whether to use an attorney in their particular situation or not. Basically calling someone less than intelligent for choosing to use one certainly won't endear you to them.

There would have been no mention of your little video which is, if anything, a bit humorous had you agreed with him abouyt attorneys. To believe otherwise is entirely naive. I never called anyone any such thing as "less than intelligent" though it undeniable some people are.

I have NEVER said that people should not seek an attorney if they need one. People do not need an attorney to fill out two forms and copy documents and that is ALL the K-1 forms fillers do. They charge $1800 to file a petition. That is parasitic, period. No question. No debate. If they have other problems, the forms fillers will likely not be able to help them and if they do, they will charge much more money. Nothing is gained by overpaying someone to fill out forms. I cannot fathom how anyone can even advance this argument. If you have "problems" by all means get an attorney to handle your problems. Filling out forms is not the problem. If they are incapable of doing so, there are visa services that can do it much cheaper. I will do it for a third what an attorney charges. Filling out a form is not a job for an attorney or the high fees they charge. Anyone that takes that kind of money from someone to fill in a couple forms is a parasite. If they want to provide a SERVICE I have no problem with that. I am a devout Capitalist. Tricking people into paying exorbitant fees to have a typist fill in an online form is not a "service". It is an outrage.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Timeline

There would have been no mention of your little video which is, if anything, a bit humorous had you agreed with him abouyt attorneys. To believe otherwise is entirely naive. I never called anyone any such thing as "less than intelligent" though it undeniable some people are.

I have NEVER said that people should not seek an attorney if they need one. People do not need an attorney to fill out two forms and copy documents and that is ALL the K-1 forms fillers do. They charge $1800 to file a petition. That is parasitic, period. No question. No debate. If they have other problems, the forms fillers will likely not be able to help them and if they do, they will charge much more money. Nothing is gained by overpaying someone to fill out forms. I cannot fathom how anyone can even advance this argument. If you have "problems" by all means get an attorney to handle your problems. Filling out forms is not the problem. If they are incapable of doing so, there are visa services that can do it much cheaper. I will do it for a third what an attorney charges. Filling out a form is not a job for an attorney or the high fees they charge. Anyone that takes that kind of money from someone to fill in a couple forms is a parasite. If they want to provide a SERVICE I have no problem with that. I am a devout Capitalist. Tricking people into paying exorbitant fees to have a typist fill in an online form is not a "service". It is an outrage.

Soliciting for services, Gary?

Filed: Timeline
There would have been no mention of your little video which is, if anything, a bit humorous had you agreed with him abouyt attorneys. To believe otherwise is entirely naive.

So you're saying that the member retaliated against me because I posted some TOS information prior to his involvement in the thread..... even though I in no way disclosed which side of the debate I support.... if any.

iagree.gif

Timeline
There would have been no mention of your little video which is, if anything, a bit humorous had you agreed with him abouyt attorneys. To believe otherwise is entirely naive.

So you're saying that the member retaliated against me because I posted some TOS information prior to his involvement in the thread..... even though I in no way disclosed which side of the debate I support.... if any.

Yes. In fact you did not support attorneys and therefore you must be punished somehow, someway. Please do not tell me you are so naive to believe this does not occur. Would you care to read all about it in the site info forum? If you disagree, or do not agree, with some people they will hunt you down and have you punsihed for something, some way. If you are a moderator and say something against them, they will tell you to "F... off" and get away with it and then turn the table onto someone they don't agree with.

The member found something to complain about in your signature. Pretty wimpy if you ask me, but then you disagree with me and think you are to blame anyway, so what's the point? Certain people can get away with telling mods to "F... off" and others get suspended for much less.

And then I am accused os saying someone is "less than intelligent" when I am not the one saying VJ members need to pay someone thousands of dollars to fill out two forms and copy papers. I am the one saying they CAN do it themselves.

I will now allow you the last word.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gary is being rather abrasive & somewhat defensive, but his point is valid... if you have a "normal" case you don't need an attorney to file the paperwork & if you hire one you are essentially throwing your money away. If your case is more complicated than average and a subject matter expert is necessary then hire a good attorney.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You folksen not discuss concept of 'thread drift' much, suggest you think about when it's useful, and when it's not.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.