MariaElizabeth

Met my love, wanting to move to the US.. not sure where to begin..

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody.. I just wanted to introduce myself and share a little bit of my story.

I am a Canadian citizen and met my boyfriend online. We recently met after talking for three months everyday, and when I say recent, I mean I just returned home last night.. lol.

My boyfriend is a United States citizen and currentlly resides in the state of Alabama. When we met online there was definitely an instant connection there. After the months went by, we decided to meet in person and give it a shot. Well, it was love at first site and we have had some very serious discussions about what our future plans are. I met his entire famly, his friends, and everybody wants me to be a part of the family. I thought things were going so perfect, until my side of the family had their input. Basically, my family doesn't support my decision, they are judgemental and think I am throwing my life away on "some guy I met on the Internet." I am very determined to follow my heart because it feels right, but I also want the love and support from my family. Nevertheless, him and I have decided we are going to do what it takes to be together.

Now onto the next steps.. which is where I am lost. I know I have to apply for a visa. As far as choosing the visa I need, I have no idea where to begin. I am pretty sure I need proof that I have a job to go to, but I thought that there is a way I would be able to move down and look for employment when I arrived?

My boyfriend and I have also talked about the Fiance visa.. and, if the work visa doesn't fall through we are both fully prepared to apply for the Fiance visa in order for me to move down there.

Bottom line, I'm lost, I'm confused.. this is a first for me and when I stumbled across this site I felt relieved. I am sure there are some of you out there who have gone through or are going through a similar situation. Any information that any of you would like to share would be great, and also any advice about the visas and steps I need to take in order for me to get down to the United States would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Meeah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Meeah, first of all on behalf of all the members on VJ, let me welcome you ! You have come to the right place for answers. I went through what you wrote and let me start off by saying I am so sorry that your family does not support your decision. I hope in the long run they do !

Anyways, as far as the visa criteria goes, you have quite a few options.

K-1 - This is a fiance visa. In order to be eligible for this visa, you guys need to be engaged and must have met in the last 2 years (which you have). Also, you guys should be free to marry. It will take about 6-8 months for the entire process to be done with. I would recommend you read through the K-1 guides on here. You will have to submit a form, I-129F to the USCIS and then wait for it to be approved (along with the proof of having met in the last 2 years). Once the case is approved by the USCIS, it is forwarded to the NVC and eventually to the consulate listed in your form. Then you have to attend your interview and once you are approved, you have to enter US within 6 months and once you enter the US, you have to get married in 90 days.

CR-1/I-1 - This visa category is for the applicants who are already married. I am sure some of the CR-1/I-1 applicants will help you with this.

K-3 - Another visa category for the applicants who are already married.

I would recommend you to go via the K-1 route but thats just me. Feel free to direct any other questions to me, if you have any!

Take care,

KnR

Filed: Timeline

Hi KnR,

Thank you so much for the response. I continue to tell myself to give it time, and hopefully they will respect my decisions in time but if not, I am fully prepared for that as well. They are not feeling what I am feeling, so they have no idea except for my boyfriend and I how we feel about one another.

What about work visas which will allow me to get to the US a bit quicker? I am fully prepared to wait a few months in order to be with my boyfriend, but 6-8 months seems like a really long time, and I honestly don't think I would be fully prepared to wait that amount of time for all this to fall through... meaning, I don't want to be around my family and back in my home town with all this negativity. I just simply want to be with him.. and I know it's easier said than done.

What about a visitor visa? Mind you, I wouldn't be able to work while I was on that visa.. but I am just trying to find the easiest and quickest route for all of this to happen... as I'm sure most people have thought that at one time or another.

I really appreicate your help.

Regards,

Meeah

Hi Meeah, first of all on behalf of all the members on VJ, let me welcome you ! You have come to the right place for answers. I went through what you wrote and let me start off by saying I am so sorry that your family does not support your decision. I hope in the long run they do !

K-1 - This is a fiance visa. In order to be eligible for this visa, you guys need to be engaged and must have met in the last 2 years (which you have). Also, you guys should be free to marry. It will take about 6-8 months for the entire process to be done with. I would recommend you read through the K-1 guides on here. You will have to submit a form, I-129F to the USCIS and then wait for it to be approved (along with the proof of having met in the last 2 years). Once the case is approved by the USCIS, it is forwarded to the NVC and eventually to the consulate listed in your form. Then you have to attend your interview and once you are approved, you have to enter US within 6 months and once you enter the US, you have to get married in 90 days.

CR-1/I-1 - This visa category is for the applicants who are already married. I am sure some of the CR-1/I-1 applicants will help you with this.

I would recommend you to go via the K-1 route but thats just me. Feel free to direct any other questions to me, if you have any!

Take care,

KnR

Timeline
Hello everybody.. I just wanted to introduce myself and share a little bit of my story.

I am a Canadian citizen and met my boyfriend online. We recently met after talking for three months everyday, and when I say recent, I mean I just returned home last night.. lol.

My boyfriend is a United States citizen and currentlly resides in the state of Alabama. When we met online there was definitely an instant connection there. After the months went by, we decided to meet in person and give it a shot. Well, it was love at first site and we have had some very serious discussions about what our future plans are. I met his entire famly, his friends, and everybody wants me to be a part of the family. I thought things were going so perfect, until my side of the family had their input. Basically, my family doesn't support my decision, they are judgemental and think I am throwing my life away on "some guy I met on the Internet." I am very determined to follow my heart because it feels right, but I also want the love and support from my family. Nevertheless, him and I have decided we are going to do what it takes to be together.

Now onto the next steps.. which is where I am lost. I know I have to apply for a visa. As far as choosing the visa I need, I have no idea where to begin. I am pretty sure I need proof that I have a job to go to, but I thought that there is a way I would be able to move down and look for employment when I arrived?

My boyfriend and I have also talked about the Fiance visa.. and, if the work visa doesn't fall through we are both fully prepared to apply for the Fiance visa in order for me to move down there.

Bottom line, I'm lost, I'm confused.. this is a first for me and when I stumbled across this site I felt relieved. I am sure there are some of you out there who have gone through or are going through a similar situation. Any information that any of you would like to share would be great, and also any advice about the visas and steps I need to take in order for me to get down to the United States would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Meeah

Wow your story sounds a lot like ours! My mom said to me, "I don't cae how much you think you are in love with him, you must break up with him- he is not God's choice for you." This was because his myspace said he is "agnostic" and because he is 9 years younger than me.

Fast forward 2 years later. My parents ADORE Sean and can not wait for us to be married!

It will work out once your family sees how happy he makes you and vise versa.

Sean's mom was against him moving here to the US. When I was in Canada last weekend, she finally said she "has made her peace" with him moving because she sees how happy I make him!

Your family just wants you to be happy.

So take your time, visit frequently, and only tell them the good stuff (sometimes we tend to complain about our men and that's all they remember . . .).

Good luck!

Oh and the work Visa thing is a stretch, so the Fiance Visa is your best bet.

Come visit us over in the Canadian Regional Forums!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi KnR,

Thank you so much for the response. I continue to tell myself to give it time, and hopefully they will respect my decisions in time but if not, I am fully prepared for that as well. They are not feeling what I am feeling, so they have no idea except for my boyfriend and I how we feel about one another.

What about work visas which will allow me to get to the US a bit quicker? I am fully prepared to wait a few months in order to be with my boyfriend, but 6-8 months seems like a really long time, and I honestly don't think I would be fully prepared to wait that amount of time for all this to fall through... meaning, I don't want to be around my family and back in my home town with all this negativity. I just simply want to be with him.. and I know it's easier said than done.

What about a visitor visa? Mind you, I wouldn't be able to work while I was on that visa.. but I am just trying to find the easiest and quickest route for all of this to happen... as I'm sure most people have thought that at one time or another.

Regards,

Meeah

VisaJourney is primarily a site for family-based immigration. It's unlikely you'll get a lot of knowledgeable advice here about work visas. However, I know from a family member that he was required to have a job offer already prior to receiving a work visa. In the current economic conditions, there aren't a lot of employers willing to sponsor immigrants for those visas, but perhaps you'll have luck. Who knows.

As for the visitor visa -- they are intended for visitation and return. In other words, you can't legally use a visitor visa with the intent to stay in the United States. It can land you in a lot of trouble if you do. The K-1 visa is intended for engaged couples, so if this doesn't apply to you, you shouldn't apply either. It requires an interview and proof of your status as an engaged couple.

6-8 months (it CAN take longer) seems like a lifetime, but that is what our community here on VJ is for -- supporting each other through these processes. You can visit while the visa is processing (via the Visa Waiver Program, while bringing with you lots of evidence you have continuing strong ties to your home country) up to 90 days at a time. It helps get through that waiting.

If you're really not prepared to wait, then question whether this is really as "serious" of a relationship as you claim. Immigration isn't a minor thing.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline
Hi KnR,

Regards,

Meeah

Take care,

KnR

Canadians don't have "visitor visas" you are allowed to visit on your passport for up to 6 months, return to Canada, and then come back.

Try googling "work Visas." We looked into that at first, but if I recall correctly, an employer has to say that they could not find a US applicant for the job, and so only you can fill the job.

You could try for a student Visa, but you'd have to be accepted into the University and then apply for the Visa (I assume).

Oh, and for Canada, right now Visas are NOT 6-8 months. They are 8 months or longer, as long as your case goes without any delays or RFEs.

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

Hi Meeah, I looked up non-immigrant visas for you on the Department of state site. Currently, the waiting time for the Montreal consulate to schedule an interview for a student visa (F-1) is about 5 days, the shortest wait in comparison with other non-immigrant visas. However, as Arabella said, for getting a F-1 visa, you need an I-20 from a recognized school in the US, which can take some time.

Also, for scheduling an interview at the Montreal consulate for Work visas, it could take more than 42 days. However, with the current economic crisis, I doubt you will get a job out there.

So again, if you were to ask me, you should try and get the K-1 fiance visa thing rolling, once you guys are engaged. I know Arabella said it takes more than 8 months for the process, but looking at the things at Vermont service center (if you fall under Vermont) and considering the wait times for the Montreal consulate (4-6 months) for scheduling an interview, you can look up to 6-8 months.

I hope this helps, feel free to direct any more questions on here or as a PM to me!!!

KnR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am not sure who is supposed to be feeling what. The US government has no feelings if that is what they mean and couldn't possibly care less what you are feeling and never will. so, now that we have dispensed with any possibility of feelings...

Make sure your fiancee does not find out about your boyfriend. There are no visas for boyfriends. You do not need a job for a Fiancee visa.

As a Canadian you do not need a visitor visa. You can come anytime you like and stay, usually, up to 180 days. You can even get married while you are visiting. But then you must apply for the CR-1 visa after you are married, and would have to return to Canada after your visit is expired (and could return to visit again...maybe)

So, you could drive or fly here, today, get married this afternoon and file for a CR-1 tomorrow. You will have to return to canada after 6 months (if it takes that long) and will have to return for an interview. You cannot work while it is being processed. If you are not prepared for that, or the other things, or to wait 6-8 months...you are not prepared to be married.

Hi KnR,

Regards,

Meeah

Take care,

KnR

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As a former F-1 in the US, you do not need an interview at a US consulate in Canada. You do, however, need to apply to and be accepted to an accredited US educational institution. The school typically will require that you show you have substantial funds to support yourself while there, this ranges from school to school but is typically around $20,000. This does not mean you have access to it, it means you actually have a bank account showing you have it.

Work visas are hard. You need a US company to sponsor you detailing why they cannot hire a USC for the same job. You cannot apply for a work visa and then just go down there and look for work. The company must have already offered you a position.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

As a former F-1 in the US, you do not need an interview at a US consulate in Canada. You do, however, need to apply to and be accepted to an accredited US educational institution. The school typically will require that you show you have substantial funds to support yourself while there, this ranges from school to school but is typically around $20,000. This does not mean you have access to it, it means you actually have a bank account showing you have it.

Work visas are hard. You need a US company to sponsor you detailing why they cannot hire a USC for the same job. You cannot apply for a work visa and then just go down there and look for work. The company must have already offered you a position.

Good luck.

Ditto on the work visa. I don't know much about getting them, but I do know a friend that was down here on one and the US refused to renew it. I guess with the current numbers of unemployed it has become very difficult to prove that no citizens can fill positions. It would have been nicer of them to not wait until the last minute and only give him 3 weeks to leave though! LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Welcome to VisaJourney,

Having also experienced negativity from my family regarding having my relationship with my fiance started online rather than in person I want to offer you suggestions. You do not mention your fiance having visited YOU and your family. Believe me it goes a long way if you have him come for a week or three and stay in a nearby hotel or whatever and have him over for dinner repeatedly or go out with the family and you. Familiarity and seeing what he's like for hours at a time might help assuage some of their fear if he treats you respectfully and that the two of you are loving towards each other. You can't overcome this on your own, if you truly want them accepting they need to see that HE has made an effort to get to know you and them. Being able to plan a visit, pay for it, use his vacation time from work to make the effort helps them see he is genuine. And this is important for you to know as well. Sweet words are wonderful, but actions that he makes to be with you and help you with your family difficulty are priceless. Mailing letters and cards to you help as well. (besides this can be used as 'evidence' later on in the process)

Like the immigration process this will take time and effort on the part of both of you.

As far as the immigration process goes, there is no 'shacking up together' visa. The fiance visa takes time and there is no legitimate way of getting around it. If you two only have known each other for a little while this can actually be a GOOD thing. If you can't make it through the 'average' time length that this takes by using online and phone and perhaps the occasional meeting, then perhaps the relationship either isn't strong enough or needs more time to develop until the two of you can endure the process. Look at the bright side, canada-america is close, the travel cost and time is reasonable, the jet lag is minimal. It's been over a year since I've seen my Australian fiance.

I am not being critical of your personal relationship. I'm pointing out there aren't shortcuts, and if this is the first Hard choice of the relationship then how both of you face up to it can be an indicator for how future problems will be handled.

You have found a web site full of people who also are dealing with long distance relationships and are facing similar immigration choices.

Please feel free to ask questions or just vent... many of us do :)

S.

Meeah,

You and your fiance need to make some personal decisions before you make some immigration decisions.

Firstly, Are you ready to get married? If not, visiting or a student visa are what you need to do. Family based immigration is expensive and time consuming and stressful, and just not for couples who are not ready to take the complete plunge when they start the process. I was madly in love with Nik after we first met and we both thought we wanted to get married, so we started out with a three month long visit before we started talking about immigration.

Secondly, Is your (collective) financial situation able to handle you being out of work for several months? What about the thousands of dollars of fees (I am not exaggerating!)? If you guys don't have a lot of straight up cash and/or you need to be able to work (not have a job, but be able to look for one) right away when you immigrate here, then you need to get married and go for the CR-1. If you guys can handle the substantially higher fees and you can stand to be out of work for a few months, then go for K1. For either visa, your fiance must be able to show that he can support you by making enough money over the poverty line, or by finding a good friend or family member to sign that they will support you if needed (and they make enough).

Thirdly, Where do you want to get married? If you go with the K1, you must be married in the US. If you want to be married in Canada, and can't stand to get a paper wedding only in the US, then you need to look at the CR-1 option.

Best wishes!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hiya Meeah and welcome! I'm pretty new here too and in a similar situation. A LOT of people are judgemental about meeting other online. A LOT. This community makes that judgement a lot easier to bear. You certainly need to have your boyfriend come and visit you in Canada FIRST before you make any other decisions. I think it is extremely important for both of you to see each other in your home. I learned A LOT about my fiance from visting with his family. You also haven't said if you're officially engaged or not. You HAVE to be engaged for the fiance visa. HAVE TO.

I understand your hesitance about waiting a significant amount of time to be together. I have been with my fiance for a LOOOONG time (a few years), and we are just now able and ready to start the process for him to move to the States. Sometimes the wait is torture, sometimes is depressing, sometimes I think THANK GOD HE'S ACROSS THE OCEAN RIGHT NOW OR I MIGHT HAVE TO :bonk: HIM. But it's worth it, and eventually your family will see you two are right for each other if you are.

Lastly, if your family has doubts and they are ONLY because you met him online, why not send her here to look at all the people who have successful relationships and met online. I met my fiance in a video game for crying out loud. I never thought I would meet someone that way. EVER. But through your dedication to each other and her possibly seeing that people meeting online is as common for meeting people as a club, church, or general random meetings, perhaps she will give it more of a chance. :)

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Welcome!!

I was the "... but she might be a serial killer!!! ..." girlfriend! Well, obviously I'm not ... I'm the fiancee! and I adore his family and I (like to think) they adore me as well! It was meant to be, and what is meant to be, will be!

You have options, as stated above, however it is ultimately you and your boyfriend's decision on what route you want to take. For us, we knew that we wanted to be together, to be married for the rest of our lives, and it wasn't logical for me to go to Canada as I have children. Moving to the US was the right option, so we then explored what type of Visa would be best for our situation. We wanted as fast as humanly possible, so we chose and are in the midst of doing a Fiance Visa. That might be your best route as well.

Good luck to you both on whatever route you decide! If you go with a K-1 ... be sure to check all the great guides, wiki's, VisaFAQ's and all the other good stuff here on VJ!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Beth & John
~K-1 Visa Process~
NOA1: October 29, 2009
NOA2: January 21, 2010
Interview Date: April 12, 2010 - APPROVED!
Visa Received: April 26, 2010
POE: May 11, 2010
Wedding: May 21, 2010

~AOS/EAD/AP~
Sent: June 8, 2010
Received at Chicago Lockbox: June 10, 2010
Email/text notification of NOA1: June 16, 2010
Check cashed: June 17, 2010
Case shows up on USCIS website: June 18, 2010
Hard copies of NOA1's arrive: June 18, 2010
Touch on all 3 cases: June 21, 2010
Biometrics letter: Received June 24, 2010, scheduled for July 15, successful walk-in June 30th!
Touch on AOS/EAD cases: July 1, 2010
EAD and AP approval: August 6, 2010
EAD Card Production: August 9, 2010
AP received: August 13, 2010
EAD Card received: August 16, 2010
AOS Interview: August 23, 2010 APPROVED!

~ROC~
Sent: August 7, 2012
Check cashed: August 14, 2012
NOA1: August 10, 2012
Biometrics: September 13, 2012
RFE: April 1, 2013; response mailed April 2, 2013
Approved: April 22, 2013

Green Card Production ordered: June 12, 2013 (email received)

Green Card Received: June 17, 2013

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

If you can find some answer from my story that's how it is...

I first talked to my boyfriend online, on myspace that was 2 years ago...we've been together as a couple for a year and a half and i'm from Spain...he has been twice there and i've been three times in the states for 3 months each time and this last 2 months. Now we'll be starting with the fiance visa after my departure in january and i can tell you mostly my mum hasn't been supportive even sent him an email saying that she would like us to break up because she didn't want see her family broken...but after all she's the one going to USA to met his parents this xtmas...

All i mean is that family needs the time because is a change for you and him and is a change for both families as well and mostly one of the families.

I can tell you that we talked about the fiance visa after 4 months being together but we decided that if we wanna get married we should know more each other and the families and know how it is living together because we just don't want a divorce. Has been hard and will be the waiting time like everybody but is going to worth it for sure.

You being canadian (as i got a friend that is married with an american and she's from Toronto) got more time to stay in the states (6 months) than someone from Europe. I don't know if you got the budget to do that and how is your work/study situation but why don't you try to stay that months living together? or if u wanna study something apply first for an students visa? or if your work got another office or related in USA transfer you there?

If not yeh, we thought as well the fiance visa is one of the best. Just take the time and let your family take the time but if you're 150% sure then quit the torcher and go ahead with it! after all is up to you guys and over all it has to be for the LOVE.

Best wishes! Pz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.