bsmerelda

Every message makes a difference

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
The reason I have so much of a problem crossing honestly into the USA is the direct result of so many "illegals" getting into the country and this SUCKS!!!!!!! I have no sympathy for them.

Do you have any idea how awful it is and stressful it is every time I cross into the USA, I get interrogated, have to prove all of my 46 years of ties to Canada, sit there for at least an hour every time explaining the same thing over and over to the officer. This is the most stressful thing I have ever been through in my life....and why?????

Illegals..go back home and do things the lawful way I say!

If being questioned for an hour is the most stressful thing that has happened to you, then you must have a very charmed existence, and should probably count yourself lucky.

As I type, I'm sitting here with an incredbly infected wisdom tooth, and a swollen face. It will cost me hundreds of dollars to get my wisdom teeth extracted because I still don't have my work permit, and therefore can't afford health or dental insurance. This isn't a particularly nice situation to be in, but my life is still far more pleasant, and far more filled with opportunity, than the average "illegal" immigrant. I can't even begin to imagine the sufferings of "illegals" before and after they arrive in this country.

I don't know what any of the people on here have to complain about. It would seem that the vast majority of us are relatively privileged people, so why all this hatred against illegal immigrants?

It is not hatred of illegals. It is simply that I am a responsible person, and the "hatred" is from being abused by irresponsible persons. Understand quickly, I think our "system" is flawed. But the system is just that, THE system... And, until it is legally changed, then I believe respossible persons should avil themselves of the existing system.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
The reason I have so much of a problem crossing honestly into the USA is the direct result of so many "illegals" getting into the country and this SUCKS!!!!!!! I have no sympathy for them.

Do you have any idea how awful it is and stressful it is every time I cross into the USA, I get interrogated, have to prove all of my 46 years of ties to Canada, sit there for at least an hour every time explaining the same thing over and over to the officer. This is the most stressful thing I have ever been through in my life....and why?????

If being questioned for an hour is the most stressful thing that has happened to you, then you must have a very charmed existence, and should probably count yourself lucky.

As I type, I'm sitting here with an incredbly infected wisdom tooth, and a swollen face. It will cost me hundreds of dollars to get my wisdom teeth extracted because I still don't have my work permit, and therefore can't afford health or dental insurance. This isn't a particularly nice situation to be in, but my life is still far more pleasant, and far more filled with opportunity, than the average "illegal" immigrant. I can't even begin to imagine the sufferings of "illegals" before and after they arrive in this country.

I don't know what any of the people on here have to complain about. It would seem that the vast majority of us are relatively privileged people, so why all this hatred against illegal immigrants?

Why?

1. Legal citizens pay billions in taxes to pay for illegals health care (Public hospitals have to admit anyone in need of care)

2. Legal citizens pay billions more then they should for insurance to protect against the illegal, uninsured, unlicensed illegal drivers

3. Vast USCIS, DOS resources are used up handling illegals court cases, petitions, deportations reducing the resources available to process LEGAL immigrant applications, making all of us following the rules wait much longer.

4. They do not pay taxes to support this country

Bottom line, they drain resources and money from people who live by the rules.

Filed: Timeline
I know I am wading into this pool late. My fiancee and I have participated in the legal process since December of 08, and her interview is next month (that makes about 1 year so far, if she is approved). In the beginning of our process, I was approached by certain persons (knowing I was engaged to a woman from China), that propositioned me with a great "deal". For a niminal sum, they would transport her to Mexico, then arrange border crossing to meet me. We have spent one year pursuing legal immigration. For less than 50% of the monetary investment already made in this legal process, she could have joined me 11 months ago. I still believe we are doing this the ONLY way!

I also have been the victim in a serious auto accident, that was caused by an illegal alien without insurance or even a drivers licence. I am well insured, so my personal cash outlay associated with the accident, and subsequent surgeries (yes, plural) was only about $10,000. However, I was moved from my primary job by my employer during the surgeries and recovery, resulting in considerable loss of "potential" income because of the 7 years it took for recovery (about 80% recovery). The person that caused the accident was only slightly injured, but another occupant of her car was severly injured (her son). My tax dollars paid for his surgeries. So I was dinged three times here, cash of my own, loss of progression with my company, and my tax dollars supporting her son's surgeries (not that I wanted him to suffer, it was not his fault!).

One last note to the initiator of this subject: Please take the time to become educated on internet search techniques. Once you grasp the basic concept of how search engines retrieve information, you will learn to research potential web sites for content. Then you will learn (maybe) that this site is not an attorney's site (as you stated you believed), nor is there support for illegegal processes or persons here.

I think it's funny how you say an illegal immigrant hit you and it was there fault..Hell it could have been ANY LEGAL person who hit u! Your just being negative toward illegals b/c u had to fork out cash.

Why?

1. Legal citizens pay billions in taxes to pay for illegals health care (Public hospitals have to admit anyone in need of care)

2. Legal citizens pay billions more then they should for insurance to protect against the illegal, uninsured, unlicensed illegal drivers

3. Vast USCIS, DOS resources are used up handling illegals court cases, petitions, deportations reducing the resources available to process LEGAL immigrant applications, making all of us following the rules wait much longer.

4. They do not pay taxes to support this country

Bottom line, they drain resources and money from people who live by the rules.

What do u mean illegals don't pay taxes?! Of course they pay taxes what do u think comes out of their checks? and as far as complaing about money going here money going their for taxes your money doesn't go to illegals only! their are MILLIONS on AMERICANS that are sitting at home recieving employmnet checks and have medicad insurance so if you want to complain about your money going places mention EVERYTHING don't bull ###### around and leave out stuff!

Why should my husband to be have a harder time looking for work because he has to compete with 3 million illegal aliens in California. Why is the state going broke ? Because those 3 million people who aren't really contributing their share to the states coffers. Studies show that the costs of these people is over 10 billion a year. The average income in Mexico is 14000 and in Nigeria it is 2300 with over 70% of Nigerian living on less than $1 a day. So Mexicans aren't really that poor, they are just greedy. They come here wanting free medical, free schooling and passage to the front of the immigration line. If you are thinking hardship in the home country should get you special standing with immigration most of Africa and Asia would come long before Mexico. Just because Mexico has a common border making it easier to slip in doesn't convey rights. The same logic would make home invasion forgivable. Both are illegal and both harm others and should not be condoned. Perpetrators of illegal activities should be punished. I think that illegals have shown a disrespect for the laws of the country and deserve a lifetime ban. They have evade proper entry inspection, probably committed identity theft, usually violate motor vehicle laws. That should be more than enough to earn a lifetime ban

OH give me a break! U think illegals come over here and have it easy? Hell NO! They come over here and work their asses off and get under paid!!!! I seriously dought your husband or whatever he is has a hard time looking for a good job because it should be easy since all the crappy and under paid ones are taken by illegals!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Believe me I work in the "general hospital" in town and illegals can get free medical care WAY before our own poor citizens. I say send them ALL back.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

So you think that is not true?? You are delusional. Just because your SO is an illegal don't expect any sympathy here. Go hand out with other illegals who most likely will understand your position. This website is for people who are honest and trying to LEGALLY get their loved ones here.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The only reasons he would be permanently prevented from coming to the US is if he is a criminal, Drug runner, Child molester, wife beater or something equally as bad. And if that is the case having him here illegally is even worse. There are people that have to work years to get their fiance or spouse here legally and yes it takes time and work. My SO is from Africa and it is ranked about the 20 poorest country in the world. So don't try to play to pity card. Others have it just as bad and maybe even worse and we are doing things the legal way. But thanks for the phone number , we can fill it with calls about how disgusting we think illegal immigration is

I beg to digress from the topic in contention....

In response to the above post:

1- I assume your Spouse is from Nigeria, so please tell him to enlighten you or just simply do a research on google.... Nigeria is not one of the "20 Poorest Countries in the world".

50 poorest countries in the world: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0908763.html

As of 2008- Nigeria was the largest exporter of crude oil in the world: http://www.opec.org/library/FAQs/PetrolIndustry/q4.htm

GDP - https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...r/2001rank.html

2- The report by the World Resources Institute's Earthtrends (1989-2004) that a total of 70.8% of Nigerians lived on less that $1 a day... is total bullshit!!!!

Please get your facts right next time before posting

Filling out AOS forms

So you think that is not true?? You are delusional. Just because your SO is an illegal don't expect any sympathy here. Go hand out with other illegals who most likely will understand your position. This website is for people who are honest and trying to LEGALLY get their loved ones here.

First of all I don't give a damn what u think.

Second of all I can post any where I'd like.

Third of all I don't want your dirty sympathy.

Fourth of all COMPRENDA? :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hatred of illegal immigrants, I don't think I said HATE anywhere. I follow the law, I guess that makes me charmed too.

Um yah, so crossing the border, being fingerprinted, frisked down, photographed, treated like a criminal is stressful and uncalled for for someone who just wants to go visit their BF every couple of weeks...is that really necessary to assume that I have a CHARMED existence, you don't have a clue who I am and to make that remark is pretty sad. We all have problems, I just found out my younger sister has terminal cancer, has 3 children and will soon leave this world, that's charmed eh?

Get a life!

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Believe me I work in the "general hospital" in town and illegals can get free medical care WAY before our own poor citizens. I say send them ALL back.

I know what I'm talking about I work in the medical field! and send them all back is just a stupid idea.

So, what to do? Give a greencard for everybody? And we (VJ family) still take the loooooooooooong way, just to be legal ?

That is it! :blush:

K1 timeline

09/22/2006 - I-129F sent

02/14/2007 - Interview in Rio de Janeiro - VISA APROVED!

03/03/2007 - Flight out to States

12/21/2007 - Wedding!

AOS timeline

02/27/2008 - l-485 sent

04/29/2008 - AOS Biometric

05/01/2008 - I-94 Expired

07/22/2008 - AOS denied

10/28/2008 - In removal proceeding

01/14/2009 - Flew back to Brazil ;(

02/10/2009 - Hubby flew to Brazil ;)

IR1 timeline

09/23/2008 - I-130 sent

11/06/2009 - Interview in Rio de Janeiro - CO need an Advisory Opinion (sent an email to DHS with my I-94 and court order)

12/02/2010 - Hubby went back to the U.S.A ;(

Actually I do have sympathy for bsmerelda and for the plight of "illegal" aliens in this country. Since when did one person on this board have the right to speak for everybody?

And if you all insist on harping on about illegal immigration, perhaps it would fit you all better to take a good, long hard look at yourselves. "Illegal" immigrants wouldn't come to this country if there weren't plenty of unscrupulous American people willing to hire and exploit them with cheap wages and long hours.

Hatred of illegal immigrants, I don't think I said HATE anywhere. I follow the law, I guess that makes me charmed too.

Well, I'm very sorry to hear about your sister, but I fail to see what her illness has to do with the debate we're having here. All of us, rich or poor, black or white, will experience death in the family at some point, but that doesn't mean we have struggled just to put food on the table for our families, as have many illegal immigrants.

And, yes, there is a lot of implicit hatred and racism on this board. There has already been at least one particularly nasty post about so-called "greedy" Mexicans. If that ain't hatred or racism, then, well, I don't know what is.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AUGUST 10 2004 - Arrived in Austin, TX with F-1 student visa status.

EARLY JAN/FEB 2008 - Met Michael (my future husband) in the café where he works.

APRIL 12 2008 - We go on our first date. It lasted 2 days!

APRIL 13 2009 - Got married in Marfa, TX, in the middle of the West Texan desert.

NOVEMBER 4 2009 - Finally saved up enough money to send off I-130; I-485; I-131; I-765.

NOVEMBER 5 2009 - Package arrived at the Chicago Lockbox at 9:32 a.m! Signed for by A. Analakis. [DAY 1]

NOVEMBER 12 2009 - Cheques for I-485 and I-130 are finally cashed! [DAY 8]

NOVEMBER 12 2009 - I-485, I-130, I-1765 & I-131 are all "touched"! [DAY 8]

NOVEMBER 13 2009 - Received NOA's for I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 (Notice date - November 10th 2009).[DAY 9]

NOVEMBER 16 2009 - All forms were "touched" again. [DAY 12]

NOVEMBER 23 2009 - Received biometrics appointment letter (scheduled for December 14th 2009) [DAY 19]

NOVEMBER 24 2009 - Walk-in biometrics appointment in Austin ASC [DAY 20]

NOVEMBER 24 2009 - All forms were "touched" [DAY 20]

NOVEMBER 25 2009 - All forms were "touched" [DAY 21]

DECEMBER 28 2009 - Received AP approval letter, dated December 23. Received a text & email, too [DAY 54]

DECEMBER 29 2009 - Received email & text, saying EAD is approved; card production ordered. [DAY 55]

DECEMBER 31 2009 - Received AP document. [DAY 57]

JANUARY 2 2010 - Received EAD & interview letter (interview will be 02/16/10, San Antonio). [DAY 59]

FEBRUARY 16 2010 - Approved at interview! I-551 stamp in passport. [DAY 104]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

First of all I don't give a damn what u think.

Second of all I can post any where I'd like.

Third of all I don't want your dirty sympathy.

Fourth of all COMPRENDA? :rofl:

Edited by michellemilitza

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Actually I do have sympathy for bsmerelda and for the plight of "illegal" aliens in this country. Since when did one person on this board have the right to speak for everybody?

And if you all insist on harping on about illegal immigration, perhaps it would fit you all better to take a good, long hard look at yourselves. "Illegal" immigrants wouldn't come to this country if there weren't plenty of unscrupulous American people willing to hire and exploit them with cheap wages and long hours.

Well, I'm very sorry to hear about your sister, but I fail to see what her illness has to do with the debate we're having here. All of us, rich or poor, black or white, will experience death in the family at some point, but that doesn't mean we have struggled just to put food on the table for our families, as have many illegal immigrants.

And, yes, there is a lot of implicit hatred and racism on this board. There has already been at least one particularly nasty post about so-called "greedy" Mexicans. If that ain't hatred or racism, then, well, I don't know what is.

I too have sympathy for bsmerelda and everyone else faced with the problem of illegal immigrants rights, but sympathy does not equal forgiveness/acceptance.... every issue that an illegal immigrant faces is based upon their choices. The choice to enter a country illegally, I'm not going to pretend that I understand what they go through to get to the point of making that decision. I've seen first hand though the living conditions the poor have to face, not only in Mexico, but other foreign countries as well, and I do not wish that upon anyone. But the idea that we should simply allow them to go to the US to get papers simply because it's easy is not a viable option.

I would agree with you that a major part of the illegal immigration situation is the fact that there are American business men and women who provide these cheap labor options to illegals, tempting them to have to make the choice to live in fear, working well below the minimum standards set in place. There should be more punishment put on those people, it's really slavery done all over again, because if they the American gets caught, they can shrug it off, whereas the illegal immigrant (I won't simply say Mexican, as that is racist) is deported and their lives are shattered. This can not continue, but the answer to the problem is not simply as blanket of forgiveness thrown on all... there should always be a process of immigration that the person must go through. There are reasons for it, we can not simply allow anyone to cross borders, we have enough issues with our own homegrown criminals (white, black, Hispanic, doesn't matter...) if we open the borders, statistically, the criminals will come too, causing there to be a whole new set of problems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.