RANNK1

Interview in Lagos in 12 hours

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

MY fiance's interview is in 12 hours in Lagos Nigeria. The suspence is too much. I can't concentrate at work. I am trying to stay busy, but I am just sitting here.

I did everything I could possibly think of to prepare him- . Its in God's hands and the whatever compassion there might be in the Consulate in Lagos.

I think I will be drinking down the bottle tonight. How did all of you deal with the last 24 hours before interview????

This is so hard

Filed: Timeline

as you can read in my profile, i am still in the waiting for so much but I sincerely wish you the best. i do not think that any of the preparations could be enough or exact since each person get asked different questions depending on circumstances. Good luck, I hope you comeback with great news.

MY fiance's interview is in 12 hours in Lagos Nigeria. The suspence is too much. I can't concentrate at work. I am trying to stay busy, but I am just sitting here.

I did everything I could possibly think of to prepare him- . Its in God's hands and the whatever compassion there might be in the Consulate in Lagos.

I think I will be drinking down the bottle tonight. How did all of you deal with the last 24 hours before interview????

This is so hard

I-130 FILED: 8/26/09

TOUCHED AND APPROVED 12/23/09. THE LORD IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS

NVC: CASE COMPLETE: Feb 3rd, 2010

INTERVIEW: Mar 12th, 7:00 a.m : APPROVED

POE / ARRIVAL: Washington D.C. April 8th.

Al hamdu li'lah, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Al hamdu li'lah robbi al amin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The interview will be sometime tomorrow. They schedule almost everyone for 7 am and spend the day bringing them in. So don't freak out if it is 13 or more hours and no word from him. Sort though your closest and make more space for him . Go shopping for stuff for that welcome home night. Candles a bottle of wine

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Yeah I know I am estimating the time. Am thinking maybe I won't recieve a call until 8am my time Friday!!!! I thought about taking the day off work , but decided to just work to stay busy today and tomorrow. He has to leave his cell phone at the hotel----- ahhhhhhhh the waiting!!!!!

Thanks for the advice

The interview will be sometime tomorrow. They schedule almost everyone for 7 am and spend the day bringing them in. So don't freak out if it is 13 or more hours and no word from him. Sort though your closest and make more space for him . Go shopping for stuff for that welcome home night. Candles a bottle of wine

Timeline

I know the wainting is killin' but you will get through this, I agree that you will not receive a call for quite some time after the appointment time. Frank was at the consulate about 6.5 hours, then had to get back to the hotel to call.....try to make yourself sleep and be awoken by the good news! You said your man is confident and that says alot! Call me if you need to! :thumbs:

Do a change of pace and try some Wild Turkey :blink: Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

This is so hard

\

I have a question was your interview notice sent to you in the US or to him in Nigeria???

Shamike

Timeline

I am trying not to loose my mind. Am starting with red wine, then move to bicardi in a little while. I really don't drink , but on a night like this--- Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!! I have to work 14 hours tomorrow. I will be dancing around at work if he makes it, or will be the saddest girl ever otherwise. AM trying to think happy thoughts. Maybe I will watch some videos of us together when we were in Accra. I will call tomorrow - don't want to wake you up.

I know the wainting is killin' but you will get through this, I agree that you will not receive a call for quite some time after the appointment time. Frank was at the consulate about 6.5 hours, then had to get back to the hotel to call.....try to make yourself sleep and be awoken by the good news! You said your man is confident and that says alot! Call me if you need to! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Aww, RANNK1, I really do feel for you.

I'm almost as worried about how my guy is going to cope with the wait whilst I'm at the interview, as I am about the actual interview process itself. I don't know how I'm going to tell him if they say no. I really worry he's going to fall apart if we're denied, he's already finding it so very, very difficult dealing with distance as it is. On a happier thought though, I've been imagining how happy he's going to be if we're approved.

I imagine the waiting must be about a million times more anticipation and nerves than waiting the day before you get to see your guy again after being apart for a long time. (I'm always a nervous wreck the day he flies-worrying that something might go wrong, or that he might be turned away at customs). All I can suggest is to try and keep busy. Don't get too drunk though-wouldn't want you to have an accident or anything!

Edited by FrostyMist

Timeline

I called my SO last night and he was waiting outside the consulate with a brother asking for a visitors visa , so our men may have seen each other.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hey RANNK1 it seems our guys had interviews at the same time. how did yours do ? i know how u feel i barely got any sleep last night at all . hopefully by next friday everything will be completed for us.

Timeline

Congratulations on passing your interview!!!!.You see as long as you have faith and God by your side you have nothing to worry about.All the best

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Excellent News on the approval (thanks for putting it in yer timeline ! )

How's the hangover ???

It's friday, suggest menudo to help with the hangover.

CONGRATULATIONS !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.