Niels Bohr

Woman attacked by chimp, exposed by Oprah

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
For common sense reasons, animals this are prohibited from being pets in Aus. Actually a lot of animals permitted here are prohibited there.

Is this her chimp?

If it's her friends, the friend needs a baseball bat to the face.

Which pets that are legal here are illegal in Australia? There are a lot more restrictions on pets here in California than the rest of the country. We do have our share of nutjobs though. I had a friend who lived down in Orange County whose neighbor was arrested and had to pay massive fines because he had a komodo dragon and a gila monster as pets.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The irony of the second video is the hotness of the host who introduces it.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Which pets that are legal here are illegal in Australia? There are a lot more restrictions on pets here in California than the rest of the country. We do have our share of nutjobs though. I had a friend who lived down in Orange County whose neighbor was arrested and had to pay massive fines because he had a komodo dragon and a gila monster as pets.

I don't know about CA in particular but Reptiles of any sort are prohibited in metro areas. Not to mention, pythons and even most Aus snakes are not prohibited.

Even the crazy American Pitbull is also banned. Most have already been put down.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

I don't know about CA in particular but Reptiles of any sort are prohibited in metro areas. Not to mention, pythons and even most Aus snakes are not prohibited.

They ban quite a few animals here because they are non-native and worried about their effects on the ecosystem. That is their rational to ban ferrets and other small animals. They fear small feral packs developing from escaped pets and ravaging everything. I've had reptile pets. I can say they make awful pets. Had a ball python when I was a teenager, and later had a jackson's chameleon. Neither of which should be allowed to be kept as pets. By and large, reptiles should not be kept as pets, except iguanas, they do make good pets.

She is currently suing the ex-friend and xanax feeding chimp owner for 50 million.

I hope she gets it.

Even if she wins, you can't get blood out of a turnip. Good luck collecting. :blink:

For common sense reasons, animals this are prohibited from being pets in Aus. Actually a lot of animals permitted here are prohibited there.

Is this her chimp?

If it's her friends, the friend needs a baseball bat to the face.

You tell em' tough guy.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Seems people never learn, M. Jackson had a chimp and look what happened to his face too.

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

She is currently suing the ex-friend and xanax feeding chimp owner for 50 million.

I hope she gets it.

I would be willing to bet she has to - at least partially for her medical bills, due to being injured on her friend's property.

Even if she wins, you can't get blood out of a turnip. Good luck collecting. :blink:

Probably suing the homeowner's insurance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Her friend will do anything to help her. She is responsible. Pretty much all she has that is capable of using is her legs. Her hands are gone, face is gone, eyes are gone. She just turned into Helen Keller without the deafness. Her life is over, period. Whether she gets the money or not, she'll not be able to use it much for herself except to give it to her children.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
People who keep animals like that as pets. I'm talking to you, Siegfried & Roy... it's just not right. Not right at all. I mean sometimes I even have little moments where I think man, my cat could freak out on me... but the thing is, she ways 11lbs... I'd probably make it out alive. .

Yeah, that tiger didn't go crazy- that tiger went tiger!

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

The chimp was not hers. He belonged to a friend of hers who called her for help when the chimp went crazy in the house. When this woman arrived on the scene, the chimp attacked her at her car, and was shot to death by police who rescued her. Her friend is crazy. She is a victim, poor woman.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Her friend will do anything to help her. She is responsible. Pretty much all she has that is capable of using is her legs. Her hands are gone, face is gone, eyes are gone. She just turned into Helen Keller without the deafness. Her life is over, period. Whether she gets the money or not, she'll not be able to use it much for herself except to give it to her children.

I admire her for her courage to carry on. I think I would be angry that people worked so hard to keep me alive knowing that my existence would be hell.

Timeline

I wish people wouldn't make the mistake if thinking wild animals can be pets. Even if you domesticate a tiger or wolf or bear, they'll still retain their wild (and in this case, predatory) instincts. Even dogs, which have been domesticated by people for thousands of years, still can act "wild" at times, given the right situation. Have you ever tried to run from a dog? Guess that it does? It chases after you. Why? Because that's the instinct of a predator.

Bottom line: no matter how cute a wild animal might look, it's not a toy and not your pet. Do not treat it as such.

Filed: Timeline

Even the crazy American Pitbull is also banned. Most have already been put down.

Yeah, because the it's the breed itself that is the problem, not the owner and training.

Good job of showing how "enlightened" and progressive Oz is by saying that y'all are "putting down" an entire breed of dogs for something that isn't any fault of their own.

Chopf##k.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Until around 20 years ago, the American Pit Bull was the nation's favourite dog. Lovable and friendly, this animal was America's mascot. Attacks were rare (no more so than with any other dog) and they were embraced into family life.

However, some stupid chopfcuks decided that as they were muscular, compact dogs that they'd be great for fighting. Over the past 20 years this wonderful dog has been vilified and destroyed due to rising hysteria about their personalities. Humans turned them into the very monster they are afraid of.

Now, they are hated and people are scared of them. All down to humans, not the dogs.

This is why I think humans should be destroyed. Let the animals of the world then fight it out for themselves as nature intended.

In years past, the American Pit Bull Terrier was famous as the consummate children's guardian and companion.

# In the original "Little Rascals" television series, the spotted-eyed dog named Pete that trailed along on all those rascally adventures was an American Pit Bull Terrier.

# Pit bulls have the nickname of the "Nanny's Dog" because historically they have proven to be very good with children, and enjoy playing and watching over them.

American Pit Bull Terriers are also noted working dogs, serving humans in many capacities.

# Pit bulls are often trained as Police and Customs dogs because of their high intelligence and "sniffing abilities".

# Pit Bulls are frequently used as bomb sniffing dogs and as drug sniffing dogs.

# The largest single DEA drug-bust in history was made thanks to the efforts of a dog named Popsicle; Popsicle located over 3,000 pounds of cocaine in a Texas drug raid.

# American Pit Bull Terriers make excellent search and rescue dogs, too, which is partially attributed to their affection for humans.

# An American Pit Bull Terrier named Dakota helped search for the remains of the astronauts who were aboard the space shuttle "Columbia" when it exploded.

# Sgt. Stubby saved a platoon of U.S. soldiers by warning them of a German gas-attack and captured a German spy; this after having been wounded twice in action.

# American Pit bull Terriers are notable therapy dogs who visit the elderly and patients recovering from emotional trauma.

# Pit bulls have served as guide and service dogs for wheel-chair bound paraplegics.

Many of the American Pit Bull Terriers that are used in service have been rescued.

# Popsicle was found during a previous drug raid in an old empty freezer and was then trained to fight against those who abandoned him.

# Dakota of the Columbia rescue mission was a rescued APBT.

# Numerous pit bulls used as therapy dogs were rescue animals.

American Pit Bull Terriers are a favored pet of many famous celebrities, including Jennifer Lopez, Jon Stewart, Rachel Ray, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Alicia Silverstone, and Michael J. Fox.

American Pit Bull Terriers have also been famous representatives and mascots.

# The pit bull was the U.S. mascot in both World War I and II.

# The mascot on the logo of the Buster Brown Shoe company is a pit bull.

It is interesting to read about the many positive stories and interesting facts associated with the American Pit Bull Terrier, particularly given the negative attention the once-loved breed has received in most recent years. These facts and stories stand as testament to the better side of the pit bull breed.