Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What??? Oh my gosh, to me that is the epitome of chillin'... we're on the couch, had a great dinner, kitties are asleep at your feet and we put a movie on. If I dont' like the movie, I read or surf the net, same with him but it's just really super nice to be all relaxed and hangin' out together. I love it. I love watching movies and stuff with him.

What do you guys do?

My husband and I don't watch movies.

Are we weird? :P

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think you're annoyed with your husband for the job thing so the small things don't seem too small anymore Ashen. It's okay.

I watch movies, I usually run up our cable bill by ordering on-demand... I should look into netflix. My husband isn't a big movie watcher... but thats okay. I usually watch all my movies on Mondays when I am home alone.

Do you have a Wii? You can stream movies from your Wii through Netflix now.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

What??? Oh my gosh, to me that is the epitome of chillin'... we're on the couch, had a great dinner, kitties are asleep at your feet and we put a movie on. If I dont' like the movie, I read or surf the net, same with him but it's just really super nice to be all relaxed and hangin' out together. I love it. I love watching movies and stuff with him.

What do you guys do?

We're usually on the computer.

We would play games together if I wasn't on a netbook.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

ahhhh... so you're chilling together. That's cool. I just love movies and good TV. My new fave TV show is Breaking Bad -- is the freaking best!

:D

We're usually on the computer.

We would play games together if I wasn't on a netbook.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you have a Wii? You can stream movies from your Wii through Netflix now.

Yes my husband just told me about this.

We have to take our wii to best buy though to get it replaced AGAIN but it stopped working AGAIN. Thank god for warranties.

Donne moi une poptart!

No, no Wii :(

And thanks for understanding everyone. lol I felt bad after I posted that and was like 'srsly, I'm whining about movies now?' LOL! But that made me feel better.

I love watching movies!! But hate watching bad movies :P Lately a lot of the movies we've been getting from the queue are his choices. Which is fine, because until now they were ones we could both watch... but still... it's my turn! *stomps feet* lol

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

My husband and I don't watch movies.

Are we weird? :P

We must be too then. We don't either. In fact, my husband doesn't even watch TV - which is a bit of a problem for me because he doesn't want it on when he is home in the evening - he finds it distracting - so I only get to watch it when he isn't home. We do have a number of movies on DVD that we intend to watch - but have just never got around to doing so.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I don't know if this will work with your husband but about 2 years ago, I talked to my mom about getting a puppy. She was very against having a dog of any sort mainly because she's scared. So what I did one day was bring home a puppy, my beloved german shepherd/alaskan malamute, who I named Aries. :D

She nearly killed me LOL but she got so attached to it and she loves how Aries barks when someone even sets foot on our lawn. And ever since I moved to the US, the dog has become my mom's best friend and even watchs her filipino shows on the chesterfield with her. x)

So my point is, sometimes randomly is the only way LOL

Awww! :D that's such a cute story Bern, and the dog is so pretty. I'm not sure how he'd react if I did that... but it definitely wouldn't go over well! :lol: He keeps saying he wants one "eventually" but "not yet" whatever that means.

We have Netflix but I find we don't use it much. When we first signed up we would get one movie after another, but this last movie we got we've had for like 2 weeks and still haven't watched it. Streaming through the Wii is a nice feature but it seems like there's never anything on there I really want to watch. I should probably check back more often because apparently they add things all the time. It's also not in HD, and I've got spoiled with the Blu Ray player.

We actually don't watch tv either.

The only times it's been on this year is for the Olympics.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ashen, you can stream netflix movies on your computer too... I watched most of the movies I wanted to watch on my notebook :)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

We have Netflix but I find we don't use it much. When we first signed up we would get one movie after another, but this last movie we got we've had for like 2 weeks and still haven't watched it. Streaming through the Wii is a nice feature but it seems like there's never anything on there I really want to watch. I should probably check back more often because apparently they add things all the time. It's also not in HD, and I've got spoiled with the Blu Ray player.

I got my fiancee a ROKU HD Player last month, works great with Netflix streaming, supports the HD streams, wired or wireless, Also got a $20 Amazon on demand credit so she can rent new movies for it to play, she LOVES it. I love toys like this :)

Ashen, you can stream netflix movies on your computer too... I watched most of the movies I wanted to watch on my notebook :)

Yeah I know. My husband does this a lot. I don't, mostly because when I'm on my computer there's about 50 other things to do instead of watching movies. lol I just like to just sit down and leave everything else away and watch a movie on TV. Our TV is an old (like, with lines running through it) hand me down. Ah well. Better than nothing!

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

grr so this vent is towards me ..lol

so the other day I was at the store because I wanted to buy some capris... so I tried on a pair and they fit great so I just grabbed those and another pair in the same style and size, just a different colour and possibly a different fabric....I took them home and washed them and today I tried on the pair I didn't try on in the store and they are too big ... grrr now I am kicking myself because I didn't try them on.. and I can't return them because all the tags are off and I have already washed them... grrr...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so the other day I was at the store because I wanted to buy some capris... so I tried on a pair and they fit great so I just grabbed those and another pair in the same style and size, just a different colour and possibly a different fabric....I took them home and washed them and today I tried on the pair I didn't try on in the store and they are too big ... grrr now I am kicking myself because I didn't try them on.. and I can't return them because all the tags are off and I have already washed them... grrr...

If they are from Kohls, you can!! lol Happy belated bday!! hope ur liver biopsy went well!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I'd try to return them anyways! If you still have the receipt, and if you have the tags, even if they're not attached, I don't see why it'd be a problem.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.