Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

I call first vent!

I have a killer sinus headache. Tis that season again.

Tylenol is terrible at killing headaches.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Timeline
I call first vent!

Ugh. I had a killer sinus headache last week. Had to miss yoga. I found Advil Sinus helped. It didn't really get rid of the pain but it sure did make me not care. :lol:

iagree.gif

I'm not sure what I hate more: all the furniture I need to get rid of, or itemizing it and giving it all dollar values to try to have someone else take it off my hands...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't miss the old vent thread....already. :hehe:

Pfft!

Double pfft and I raise you a Tsssssssssssss!!

So back to Kittyfang and her love affair with Mayor McCheese :rofl:

and her weekly visit with mr. toad....

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't miss the old vent thread....already. :hehe:

Pfft!

Double pfft and I raise you a Tsssssssssssss!!

So back to Kittyfang and her love affair with Mayor McCheese :rofl:

and her weekly visit with mr. toad....

What a wild ride :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

~ahem~

I can hear you biotches!!!!!!!

;)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why do companies not accept email????? Seriously. I FAX from my fraaking computer. I use my scanner. What's the difference? I'm sending the fax from someone else's fax machine, is it somehow not as "official"? Are they concerned about trolling/harassment?? I have a case manager. Why won't the case manager let me email a document over that didn't come through legibly on a fax BECAUSE IT IS A SECURITY DOCUMENT?? #######?? Also, why can't I get the document by courier at my expense?? Is she that much of a bureaucratic automaton that she thinks the ONLY way to send out a document is by gingerly placing it in a basket to be folded, stuffed, and postmarked by the corporate mailroom? What happened to customer service. Seriously. Probably won't even let me change the address to send the document to an address that is different from the one on the documentation. EFF her. She understood not question I asked, and I understood nothing she was trying to tell me. And I tried, I promise. Also skype was doing some sort of delay and I think I kept interrupting her trying to explain that "they" mail it out. Thanks, automaton.

Vent over.

ETA: this is not US govt, btw

Edited by KnJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I call first vent!

Me too! I had one on Monday too along with killer heartburn. Aleve is doing nothing to help either. Hoping my Nasonex kicks in soon. Maybe a pop will help too. I'll try anything at this point! :crying:

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

My Vent:

I went with Varba's mom to get a pedicure last Wednesday. Wednesday night my left big toe starts throbbing. It's infected now (not like oozing puss or anything).

If it's not better by tomorrow I'm going to get anti-biotics.

See, I've had a pedicure twice at this place before... My future MIL LOVES the place and I'm not sure how to tell her I don't want to go back.

Ohh, but the lady that did my toes came over to the US on a K-1 8 years ago and was asking me all about it LOL.

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

my vent is that I am still fighting this cold and nothing seems to work. I have been trying to sleep in one hour allotments over the last two nights - that's as about as much as I can get before I wake up struggling to breathe. It's now moving into my chest and my throat is still all raw and sore. Mouth breathing also hurts :( . I really, really, really HATE colds (and thanks Trailmix for your kind wishes - they are appreciated!). Yes, I have a sinus headache with it as well - grr.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.