Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why are puppies in the store so damned expensive?!

I fell in love with this Alaskan Eskimo but they wanted over a grand...I got my shephard for $200 -_-;

Check out my aunt's Miniature American Eskimos

Her dogs are the cutest. They are $800 but they are cute.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It worked! Thanks so much. Now can you do something about my cats? They keep turning on my laptop and then surfing really inappropriate sites when I am not closely supervising them...unsure.gif

I am glad I have made your web-browsing more friendly. Can't do much about the cats on their web-browsing though.

Check out my aunt's Miniature American Eskimos

Her dogs are the cutest. They are $800 but they are cute.

Oh my, those are ADORABLE.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Timeline

My vent: I hate verizon! :angry:

First the took 8 weeks to hook up the phone line....

And now they want to charge $100 for coming out here to fix our phone line, since we couldn't get the phone to work properly because of the recent rainstorms....

On the bright side...For some strange reason, we can make outgoing calls, but not receive incoming calls....So at least I can use the dial-up internet for now.....

Grr....I hope we can get this resolved by tomorrow....I don't want a $100 phone bill!

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My vent: I hate verizon! :angry:

First the took 8 weeks to hook up the phone line....

And now they want to charge $100 for coming out here to fix our phone line, since we couldn't get the phone to work properly because of the recent rainstorms....

On the bright side...For some strange reason, we can make outgoing calls, but not receive incoming calls....So at least I can use the dial-up internet for now.....

Grr....I hope we can get this resolved by tomorrow....I don't want a $100 phone bill!

Ant

LoL, that $100 is just the fee to go out there and take a look. If they actually have to fix anything they will charge you labor and parts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Most puppies that are in pet stores come from Puppy mills!! Just google puppy mils, not a happy situation! If your looking for a pure breed, take ur time and find a good reputable breeder, many of just are in it for the $$$ and are almost as bad as puppy mills@

We have verizon, and our service has been good, BUT, i didnt know it until it happened, but somehow we signed up for some type of "insurance" with them! So each month we pay like $2, but if they come to our house to fix anything, i don't get charged! Found that out a few yrs back when they had to come and fix something. I was expecting a bill and when i called to inquire about it, she told me i had that "insurance" thingy,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Go to a shelter, they need homes more than the store dogs do D:

Here here! I literally gasped when I read 'puppies in a store'... UGH.

Shelter, Shelter, Shelter. PLEASE! You can even search for breed-specific shelters in your area.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

almost every dog i got was from a shelter...it's the only place i'll get my dogs. if i had a bigger house and stuff i'd take all the animals lol.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

almost every dog i got was from a shelter...it's the only place i'll get my dogs. if i had a bigger house and stuff i'd take all the animals lol.

I've always gotten my dogs from shelters. I don't know how many times myself, or someone in my family has gone to get one dog, and felt sorry for another dog because he was on his last day before euthenasia and took a second one home too. Mel had a little chihuahua that she brought down here and about 9 months ago, we decided to adopt another one. We went to a dog faire at a park and found one. It was actually from the county shelter that we adopted our dog peanut. She was very subdued and friendly and the shelter workers asured us that she was potty trained and 16-18 months old and in good health. So two days after we get her, we notice a cough and take her to the vet. Of course, it was kennel cough, which is common to shelters. Not only that, we discovered that she was a puppy, maybe 3-4 months old, and even worse, she was not even close to potty trained. We racked up about $350 in vet bills between her illness, and our other dog who got the cough from her. I was absolutely livid and called the county shelter to ask them why their personnel lied about every aspect of the dog. They are trained in this field and should have known better. Their only response was "well you can return the dog for a refund". ####### is that? It's a dog, a life, you don't throw it away because it's not exactly what you thought it was going to be. I'm still very very angry at the shelters, and other shelters. At this point, I would NOT go back to a shelter to get a dog.

Ugh, I tried taking off my N key off my netbook last night cause it wasnt clicking properly and it took me an hour to figure out how to get it back on because the 'spring' mechanism came apart. (Thanks google lols)

Now because of one tiny half than a milimeter piece broken off, it will NOT click properly and sometimes I have to press it reaaaaaally hard.

Guess I could go buy a 5 dollar key if it really gets to me :wacko:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Other Timeline

LoL, that $100 is just the fee to go out there and take a look. If they actually have to fix anything they will charge you labor and parts

Rob and Mel- Seriously... :o $100 for a look....oh my!

We have verizon, and our service has been good, BUT, i didnt know it until it happened, but somehow we signed up for some type of "insurance" with them! So each month we pay like $2, but if they come to our house to fix anything, i don't get charged! Found that out a few yrs back when they had to come and fix something. I was expecting a bill and when i called to inquire about it, she told me i had that "insurance" thingy,lol

Flames9_RN-That's a good idea about the insurance thing! :thumbs:....I'll definitely have to ask my husband to inquire about that....Lol..$2 seems better to pay than $100+....! Did they give you any problems with the insurance thing when you used it?

Update on the phone situation..

My husband called up verizon again last night.....(lol..the bill is in his name...)

And had problems with the automated system...

Apparently they couldn't recognize his quiet voice when he was trying to say "agent", to speak to a live person instead of a machine....

So then he started swearing (which is quite rare for him to do) at the automated system...

And hung up the phone..

Lol..Apparently someone on the other end must have heard...

And called us back....

Said they would get on to fixing the next morning...

And so..We got another phone call this morning...

And saw the trucks outside, parked next to the neighbour's cows...

Apparently there was a shortage in the system outside....From the recent rainstorms...

They also said that since it was an outside problem...

They would fix it for FREE...

(lol..I'll see it on the next bill is when I believe it..)

Lol..As long as it's fixed and as long as they don't charge us a ridiculous amount for it..So be it then...

Lesson learned..If all else fails...A little swearing at the automated system helps....:lol:....

And let's just hope this doesn't happen again when it rains! :unsure:

And yes, I still don't like verizon....Sigh...If only I can cancel the phone service......

Ant

P.S. As for dogs and other animals....

Yes, definitely adopt from a shelter.....Animals in shelters need good and loving homes! (L)

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Speaking of pets and shelters....

http://petloversvote.com/Pages/Vote.aspx

Timeline

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/15072647?rvp=1

I think I'm in love. XD I'm going to ask my husband then inquire more about it. :B

More rants, sort of.

I kind of necro'd an old LGG thread, and she mentions an SRC number to check GC status. I'm completely lost. =[ HELP SOMEONE?

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Flames9_RN-That's a good idea about the insurance thing! :thumbs:....I'll definitely have to ask my husband to inquire about that....Lol..$2 seems better to pay than $100+....! Did they give you any problems with the insurance thing when you used it?

My husband called up verizon again last night.....(lol..the bill is in his name...)

Apparently they couldn't recognize his quiet voice when he was trying to say "agent", to speak to a live person instead of a machine....

So then he started swearing (which is quite rare for him to do) at the automated system...

And hung up the phone..

And called us back....

Apparently there was a shortage in the system outside....From the recent rainstorms...

Lol..As long as it's fixed and as long as they don't charge us a ridiculous amount for it..So be it then...

Lesson learned..If all else fails...A little swearing at the automated system helps....:lol:....

And yes, I still don't like verizon....Sigh...If only I can cancel the phone service......

Ant

Yes, definitely adopt from a shelter.....Animals in shelters need good and loving homes! (L)

I didn't even knew i had the Insurance thingy,lol I just looked on my bill, and can't find how much it is, or even if I still have it!!

We had Cox before and it sucked!! I would loose internet for no reason!! never had a problem with Fios!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

And hung up the phone..

And called us back....

Ant

I didn't even knew i had the Insurance thingy,lol I just looked on my bill, and can't find how much it is, or even if I still have it!!

We had Cox before and it sucked!! I would loose internet for no reason!! never had a problem with Fios!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.