Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its sooo gross. I have a small but noticeable Toronto Maple Leafs sticker on the back of my car too, it's a yaris hatchback so when birds poop on the back it surrounds this sticker and yea I get a lot of jokes about that around these parts. The latest was yesterday at the car wash: "Even our birds hate em see?"

Haha..ha...blah.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Its sooo gross. I have a small but noticeable Toronto Maple Leafs sticker on the back of my car too, it's a yaris hatchback so when birds poop on the back it surrounds this sticker and yea I get a lot of jokes about that around these parts. The latest was yesterday at the car wash: "Even our birds hate em see?"

Haha..ha...blah.

I think your hatred for the Flyers is fueling their victories :rofl:

Timeline

Haha..ha...blah.

I'm surprised they even know who the Leafs are in South Jersey? :lol:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's hilarious! I'm going to put one on my car and 'sides... who 'hates' Canadians? I haven't met anyone who hates canadians!

where are these people and why are they saying these things??????

Rob? Gimme some of that sparkly unicorn meat, I'm gonna smash it!

;)

Haha..ha...blah.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

I'm surprised they even know who the Leafs are in South Jersey? :lol:

Yea hockey is big here because we're the suburbs of Philadelphia. There was a time when the leafs and flyers were big rivals and I think a lot of flyers fans still believe in the rivalry. Well they can get over it, the leafs won't be a threat for a while. I love them, but they won't be a threat. :P

Most of the flyers live around here too so people know their hockey. I would say hockey is bigger in this area than it was where I lived in Canada, and the hockey programs for the youth is so much more organized and better than where I lived in Canada also.

I think your hatred for the Flyers is fueling their victories :rofl:

It's not so much the flyers it's their fans.

Oh wait I do hate some flyers... like Carcillo.. I would so kick him in the nads if I saw him... I'd run away as fast I could too. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Better than being unemployed!!! lol

uhhh yeah.

Nice segue to my rant. My husband STILL hasn't found a job... going on 4 and a 1/2 months now. I, of course, can't work either. I found out today that he's been sending resumes (mind you, not many anyways) without his education listed on them. He's a University graduate with a degree in English. He doesn't think that's important on a resume? ####### On top of that, a place he had an interview for a couple months back (but obviously didn't get hired) is apparently hiring again, so I told him to contact them. So he finally does after some nagging the past few days, and forgets to attach his resume anyways. UGH. Fine, people make mistakes, but he didn't even bother to send a follow up email with it attached. There goes that opportunity.

This is seriously hopeless. No wonder he doesn't have a job yet. He's not even really trying. I just want to move back home and stop wasting time here.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Wow... I would be extremely frustrated also ashen and I'm sorry to hear that things are this way. :(

It sounds like he's sort of given up hope when it comes to finding a job.

Donne moi une poptart!

Wow... I would be extremely frustrated also ashen and I'm sorry to hear that things are this way. :(

It sounds like he's sort of given up hope when it comes to finding a job.

Well, sadly he's never actually looked for a job before, even though he's in his mid-30s. He's only had 2 jobs in life, and both were just dumb luck. He didn't actually really search for either one of them (one literally came knocking at his door). So, I can't blame him entirely, but I gave him a big binder full of job hunting tips that I got at a previous job when HR gave us job hunting tips (they said they were shutting us down and it was their way of helping us move on). And I've job searched a lot, and there are TONS of resources online too. There are no excuses! If I could just blame it on the economy that's one thing, but the 1/2 assed effort really annoys me.

Anyway, yeah I really think it's a case of lost hope. I'm really losing hope too. He hasn't even tried going to any local employment agencies either! Well, he went to ONE, but they wouldn't help him unless he paid them, because it was more about training, but he never bothered to check any of the other ones (they're not all like that!). ARGH!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Ashen, your husband sounds like mine. He's absentmindedly half assing his job searching.

I did my husband's resume for him so he could start looking even!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Aw Ashen... that sucks. Sending you guys some good vibes. Job searching is a real pain but it's like a job in itself. When I've looked for work, employed or not, I would devote a set amount of hours to it, like a job, draw up a list of things that I needed to do and researching that needed to be done and it always made me feel better and gave me hope. Mind you, I've done most of my job searching while having another job save for one time when I moved from Montreal to Toronto. Then job searching was my job. Like it will be here when I get rolling with the car and such.

I guess my point is is that making it a job and giving yourself/himself deadlines and tasks to accomplish make it more fulfiliing and easier to put your heart into it.

Chin up... it's a rough patch, it'll get fixed.

best.

LGG

Well, sadly he's never actually looked for a job before, even though he's in his mid-30s. He's only had 2 jobs in life, and both were just dumb luck. He didn't actually really search for either one of them (one literally came knocking at his door). So, I can't blame him entirely, but I gave him a big binder full of job hunting tips that I got at a previous job when HR gave us job hunting tips (they said they were shutting us down and it was their way of helping us move on). And I've job searched a lot, and there are TONS of resources online too. There are no excuses! If I could just blame it on the economy that's one thing, but the 1/2 assed effort really annoys me.

Anyway, yeah I really think it's a case of lost hope. I'm really losing hope too. He hasn't even tried going to any local employment agencies either! Well, he went to ONE, but they wouldn't help him unless he paid them, because it was more about training, but he never bothered to check any of the other ones (they're not all like that!). ARGH!

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

It's very true. Even when you're unemployed, try to stick to a working routine... wake up early, job hunt from 9 and on to whenever. Take breaks to eat, clean, and then back to work. I am sure it's really difficult to be unemployed in this economy but there's jobs out there, you just need the motivation to find them.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

yep, totally agree. I do that now and I'm not even able to really job search yet. but my resume is done, my portfolio, the prelim version, is ready to go and I'm in the midst of compiling portfolio stuff and putting it on online. I always am otu of bed with my husband at 7am and my day starts early and I never watch Tv or chill until 5 pm or after. I mean I clean and run and garden during the day too but i've set up a work day kinda thing. It'll get way more rigid once I have my license and the car running. Then it'll be for real. I won't stop until i'm employed. And then? Gardening and cleaning and such gets put into second place.

I kinda can't wait for the searching to begin. OH and today? i'm still in bed as my vent is, I'm sick as a dog. i haven't been cold/flu/sinus sick in years. i got it bad.

*sniffle*

It's very true. Even when you're unemployed, try to stick to a working routine... wake up early, job hunt from 9 and on to whenever. Take breaks to eat, clean, and then back to work. I am sure it's really difficult to be unemployed in this economy but there's jobs out there, you just need the motivation to find them.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Yea hockey is big here because we're the suburbs of Philadelphia. There was a time when the leafs and flyers were big rivals and I think a lot of flyers fans still believe in the rivalry. Well they can get over it, the leafs won't be a threat for a while. I love them, but they won't be a threat. :P

Most of the flyers live around here too so people know their hockey. I would say hockey is bigger in this area than it was where I lived in Canada, and the hockey programs for the youth is so much more organized and better than where I lived in Canada also.

That explains it then! I notice a few hockey decals on cars here in Central Jersey but the big thing here is soccer. Probably doesn't help that my husband coaches/manages three teams and his son plays in college. I still prefer hockey though :)

uhhh yeah.

Nice segue to my rant. My husband STILL hasn't found a job... going on 4 and a 1/2 months now. I, of course, can't work either. I found out today that he's been sending resumes (mind you, not many anyways) without his education listed on them. He's a University graduate with a degree in English. He doesn't think that's important on a resume? ####### On top of that, a place he had an interview for a couple months back (but obviously didn't get hired) is apparently hiring again, so I told him to contact them. So he finally does after some nagging the past few days, and forgets to attach his resume anyways. UGH. Fine, people make mistakes, but he didn't even bother to send a follow up email with it attached. There goes that opportunity.

This is seriously hopeless. No wonder he doesn't have a job yet. He's not even really trying. I just want to move back home and stop wasting time here.

Sorry things are so rough Ashen...hang in there sometimes things happen when you least expect it. Sounds like your husband is in a negative place; as everyone else said if he can approach looking for a job as if it were a job he night be able to turn things around. Good luck!

I kinda can't wait for the searching to begin. OH and today? i'm still in bed as my vent is, I'm sick as a dog. i haven't been cold/flu/sinus sick in years. i got it bad.

*sniffle*

I'm just getting over it. Hope you feel better soon...it is not fun being sick.

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Thanks OBX, I haven't been this sick in years, it sucks. I am, however, having really great, vivid dreams. Oh my god, last night i was stuck in a boat on the stormy seas and we'd fall in the water and hammer head sharks would toss us around. us being a friend of mine that I haven't spoken to in months and my husband and a few other people.

yeah.

That explains it then! I notice a few hockey decals on cars here in Central Jersey but the big thing here is soccer. Probably doesn't help that my husband coaches/manages three teams and his son plays in college. I still prefer hockey though :)

Sorry things are so rough Ashen...hang in there sometimes things happen when you least expect it. Sounds like your husband is in a negative place; as everyone else said if he can approach looking for a job as if it were a job he night be able to turn things around. Good luck!

I'm just getting over it. Hope you feel better soon...it is not fun being sick.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.