Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I guess it's a hit or miss with in-laws. Sometimes youre lucky, sometimes youre not... And we have all been graced with a crummy SIL or BIL or MIL. Thank god my husband is normal (90% of the time) :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I get along with my exes parents (sons grandparents) better than I do with my MIL. I mean we always try to see one another when I am in Canada. They're really good people... too bad about their son :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Yea I get along with my exes parents (sons grandparents) better than I do with my MIL. I mean we always try to see one another when I am in Canada. They're really good people... too bad about their son :P

LOL!!! Yeah, that's tricky :P

On the serious note, that's pretty awesome cause at least Ethan can have a decent relationship with them.

Removal of Conditions:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In-laws,lol!! My ex's inlaws were weird!! She was a medical worker, not sure if she was a tech, lpn or RN, ya weird that I wouldnt know that,lol But what ever---------Her husband (father n law at time) cut his finger big time and bleeding like a sieve---She would NOT drive him to the hospital, he drove himself,lol Like who does that????? My ex's brother was a druggie!! His wife would have guys over!! Thats all I will say about that,lol Belive it or not, my ex was normal, we just grew apart, that happens when one dates since high school. As 1 matures, your outlook on life can differ, not a big deal, we departed on good terms.

I laugh with my inlaws, how it must feel for them----They send their daughter to great private schools, Masters from Georgetown and she brings home Cdn sailor, which was transferring to the Cdn Air Force. What is she thinking??? lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

My MIL scares me a little....she seems kind of mean (my husband would say the same thing). I think she had a hard life starting out and she's pretty jaded. Don;t get me wrong, if she's got your back, you are good to go. But god forbid you get on her bad side.

Fortunately, I make her son happy so she likes me :D

Stpupid Caps...they're losing 2-0 to the Habs right now

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

"Would you like lettuce, tomato or onion on your wrap?"

"Lettuce and onion, please. No tomato."

So now I'm picking tomatoes out of my wrap... :bonk:

i can't count how many times i've ordered something without cheese and it comes with cheese! :protest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

My SIL is a spoiled brat too. She complains because she has to pay a whole $50 rent/month. That money covers all her food, internet etc. But she can go out and buy new rollerblades and then get mad at people because shes broke and we should have the money to do whatever. Thank god she has a BF atm so shes stopped hounding my husband about going out for food or something all the time (not that he went, he doesn't really talk to his family much :lol:). I think thats the only saving grace, I don't have to see my in-laws often because he doesnt enjoy spending time with his family, so I can just pretend I don't exist.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

My SIL is a spoiled brat too. She complains because she has to pay a whole $50 rent/month. That money covers all her food, internet etc. But she can go out and buy new rollerblades and then get mad at people because shes broke and we should have the money to do whatever. Thank god she has a BF atm so shes stopped hounding my husband about going out for food or something all the time (not that he went, he doesn't really talk to his family much :lol:). I think thats the only saving grace, I don't have to see my in-laws often because he doesnt enjoy spending time with his family, so I can just pretend I don't exist.

Good thing that your hubby does not insist that you spend time with her, and that you and him are on the same page when it comes to his family. I am blessed with awesome in-laws (I REALLY get along with them more than my own extended family), except for the WIL. We don't hang out with her often except for when we have family gatherings which is almost every month -- and really, it just takes one sour apple to ruin an entire basket of good ones. It's like she is not happy unless everyone is miserable around her.

I have decided to take a one week break from whining about the WIL. I just cannot expend any more energy being angry at her...

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline

I'm so tired I can barely vent....but I'll give it a shot.

I've slept maybe all of 11 hours since Friday night. I didn't do volunteer work I would've normally done this weekend because I was so exhausted - I even skipped church! I can't seem to fall asleep and stay asleep...I wake up within an hour of falling asleep, and then I'm ususally awake for awhile after that. I've also been having really terrible awful nightmares, so much so that I'm waking up having panic attacks.

Ughhhh....so sleeeeeeeepy....4.5 hours down, only 7 more hours til I'm done for the day.

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Timeline

Gaaaaaaah!!!

Dog owners out there do you let your dog ####### in someone else's back yard? well down into our backyard like they would have had to circle around our house to get to the backyard. i was out doing some gardening stuff and i noticed a big pile of dog #######. I nearly lost my mind with anger.

It's obvious in our back yard that there are children that play and there are gardens and some fvckwit lets there dog ####### there?

Can anyone recommend anything? I swear to god, if you don't hear from me for a very long time, it means that I caught the person and their pet responsible. I wouldn't harm the dog though, it's not its fault.

Gah.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

oh gaaaaaah! I almost s'ploded with the rage!

:\

;)

I let my dog ####### wherever it wants to...

AND THEN I PICK IT UP! :D

haha almost got you there didn't I? Ribbit!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

nope, I am a firm believer in picking up after your pet, if you don't do it, you don't deserve to be a pet owner imo.

Its the worst thing ever cleaning dog poop off of the bottom of shoes. Our kids play out there, its so simple to pick it up!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

That ticks me off as well. I always pick up after my dog, but have seen others that don't! If I'm close by I just offer them a dog! Do I care if they are offended? hell no, not as if I would want to be friends with people like that,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.