Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You know what's kind of gross? People with "status updates" on FB/Twitter who constantly go on about their significant others. It's all fine and dandy that you love them. But you don't need to constantly try to convince the rest of the world. It's just as bad as making out in public. *barf*

So it IS an effective way of irritating people? That's awesome. I usually put updates about my man several times a week as a passive, non-verbal #### you to my future WIL, who stalks my facebook account like a hound dog.

Good thing you are not in my fb, Sprailenes, or you'd be barfing a lot ;)

That's a nice tip Sapphire...I think we've all learned that no matter you think you know about someone before you marry them, living with them is a whole other ball of earwax (yes I meant that :) )

Agreed! It is really hard to live with another person, no matter how long you've been together. But you just have to work together, have a lot of open ended discussions, constantly remind yourselves that you're a team now! And in spite of all of that, there will always be kinks and issues, but nothing that you and your hubby cannot resolve.

My husband and I dated for 4 years before getting married. At the start of our dating years, we made decisions independent of each other, and gradually grew to consulting each other and then really discussing decisions together. But now that we're married, it's like starting from day 1 again, because it's a whole new dynamic from when we were dating.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

^^ I agree with the dynamic thing. No one can prepare you for marriage and what it really means to live with eachother. I think it's taken time for us to both realize (actually me more than him) that everything I do, affect BOTH of us If I work late, then it affects him too, if I buy myself a new top, even if I use my own money, it still affects us BOTH. I think we even have it especially bad because we come from long distance relationships, where we are so used to doing things alone and not having to be around eachother constantly... therefore getting away with thinking just about ourselves.

The few months were so great - the honeymoon phase is soooo sneaky! I know as every day passes for us, the reality seems to set in more and more. Every major event or new thing in our marriage is something new to work through. Hate to sound corny, but marriage really is HARD WORK.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with this Saph... my husband and I have been together for 7 years and neither of us is 'young'... but I was/am so used to doing everything on my own all the time that it took a bit of getting used to. I am just now settling into the, oh yeah... it's US! This is what WE do, independent of what we both do as individuals -- I believe that that needs to be maintained as well.

I've been here two months nearly and it's only this past week or two that i can honestly say, I LOVE it. I am very, very happy to be here. That being said, a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am getting MY stuff sorted out and feeling more put together as LGG, you know? It's only then can I expand and see the 'US'. It's pretty great but it takes work and yeah, living together IS work and you have to still respect someone for who they are and love them "earwax" and all, the whole ball of it. It's a nice experience but not without its trials and tribulations.

I think the situations that we're all in are slightly unique. tons of time being together but a whole lot of time apart and when we finally are in the same dwelling, it's as new as it is old, if you know what I mean?

Hope that makes sense.

:)

^^ I agree with the dynamic thing. No one can prepare you for marriage and what it really means to live with eachother. I think it's taken time for us to both realize (actually me more than him) that everything I do, affect BOTH of us If I work late, then it affects him too, if I buy myself a new top, even if I use my own money, it still affects us BOTH. I think we even have it especially bad because we come from long distance relationships, where we are so used to doing things alone and not having to be around eachother constantly... therefore getting away with thinking just about ourselves.

The few months were so great - the honeymoon phase is soooo sneaky! I know as every day passes for us, the reality seems to set in more and more. Every major event or new thing in our marriage is something new to work through. Hate to sound corny, but marriage really is HARD WORK.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I'm pretty used to it. We're more friends than we are husband/wife and thats what I always wanted to marry my best friend.

K enough of that sappy #######.

The events planner at work is really mad at me because I talked to the GM about her lack of communication last week. So she actually told my boss that they're grooming me for HER job and to watch out. Yea can we get a little more petty? Grow up.

I have talked to her many times about communication, obviously she doesn't get it, so I went to our superior.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I'm pretty used to it. We're more friends than we are husband/wife and thats what I always wanted to marry my best friend.

K enough of that sappy #######.

The events planner at work is really mad at me because I talked to the GM about her lack of communication last week. So she actually told my boss that they're grooming me for HER job and to watch out. Yea can we get a little more petty? Grow up.

I have talked to her many times about communication, obviously she doesn't get it, so I went to our superior.

Workplace drama.... gotta love it. It takes me back to high school. :lol:

Timeline

It's sooo stupid.

She's soo hilariously stupid. She's the one thats from North Jersey but tries to talk with a British accent. :lol:

God I hate people who do that. I had a friend who lived in the UK for 2 years, she comes back and has the most irritating fake cockney accent. She tells people that she is British and that she is only moving back here for her work and intends to go back to her home. #######, Manhattan Beach, CA is your homeland. I can't even speak with her anymore.

Timeline

Apparently her accent comes from her trying not to have a North Jersey accent... so I like to say to her sometimes: "Wow.. I just looove your Jersey accent! Are you sure you're not from Long Island???"

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Apparently her accent comes from her trying not to have a North Jersey accent... so I like to say to her sometimes: "Wow.. I just looove your Jersey accent! Are you sure you're not from Long Island???"

:rofl:

You should call her a chav and see if she knows what it means. :innocent:

I hate it when people say "plz, pls, plx". Especially when people ask for help.

Is it so hard to spell out "please"?

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Oh man, OBX, you just gave me a shiver! Cannot wait to get there! I feel settled with the dress decision -- it was NOT a lot of money and it's not like I'm broke with a lot of debt -- I have none. I have a hard time sometimes justifying silly things -- comes from growing up poor, I think.

:D

Are you going to OBX this year? Or is this the year that you are going to have to miss. I believe we're in Corolla, right on the beach.

I am a natural born beach comber and I grew up on vancouver island so, this is gonna be a treat for me.

:D

Thanks all for your gentle dress encouragement -- everyone needs a pretty, flowy sundress.

lol

I had this image of myself standing there in jeans going, "flow pant legs, FLOW, damn you!"

;)

We always stayed beachfront as well but were further south in Kitty Hawk and Nags Head. Drove up to Corolla a few times...beautiful rentals there!

Sadly we will most likely not be going this year :( Too many renos required in our "new" (to us) 40 year old house as well as a step-son that has decided to live in the city (NYC) this summer and has a non-paying "job"!! Mom (the ex) thinks it's a good idea but Dad is paying the bills. Let's not get started on that vent. :ranting:

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

So it IS an effective way of irritating people? That's awesome. I usually put updates about my man several times a week as a passive, non-verbal #### you to my future WIL, who stalks my facebook account like a hound dog.

Good thing you are not in my fb, Sprailenes, or you'd be barfing a lot ;)

Agreed! It is really hard to live with another person, no matter how long you've been together. But you just have to work together, have a lot of open ended discussions, constantly remind yourselves that you're a team now! And in spite of all of that, there will always be kinks and issues, but nothing that you and your hubby cannot resolve.

My husband and I dated for 4 years before getting married. At the start of our dating years, we made decisions independent of each other, and gradually grew to consulting each other and then really discussing decisions together. But now that we're married, it's like starting from day 1 again, because it's a whole new dynamic from when we were dating.

It's like making out publicly! What's worse is when its family doing it! EWW!!!!! I have to hear my cousins wife talk about their love life... I am like: TMI!

Why does your WIL like your husband or something? If so that's kind of disturbing. unsure.gif

I hate it when people say "plz, pls, plx". Especially when people ask for help.

Is it so hard to spell out "please"?

It's an extra 3 letters... yea in this day and age every second ads up.

thx.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.