boisestate

November 2009 K1 CSC Filers

571 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
hi ,,, NVC got out case on 02-25

and not yet send it is this normal ?

please i want to know how can i know that my case is at nvc ????

thanks alot

06-15-2008 : my fiancee first visit to me ( stayed 3 weeks ) .

06-23-2009 : my fiancee secound visit me in Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ).

06-28-2009 : ENGAGED

10-29-2009 : I-129F Sent

01-27-2010 : my fiancee 3rd visit to Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ) .

02-09-2010 : travel with my fiancee to turkey in a vacation (5 days)

05-25-2010 : my fiancee 4th visit to ( stayed 2 months ) .

06-03-2010 :Interview Date .

Interview Result : approved ( ya right ! )

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

06-29-2010 : case sent back to usa !!!

07-07-2010 : MARRIED

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

05-18-2011 : travel with my wife to malaysia in a 1 week vaction

06-14-2011 : register our marraige papers in cairo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
please i want to know how can i know that my case is at nvc ????

thanks alot

They'll send you a letter saying the got it and will forward it to the embassy. You can also call the NVC. Have all your info handy (Petitioner, Beneficiary, etc.). It is recommended that you wait about a week after your NOA2 before calling NVC. That's about how long mine took to get to the NVC.

Timeline
Hello there :star:

We filed at CSC as well and are getting worried :( We just don´t have any idea what might be the problem????

Even the lawyer assured there shouldn´t be a problem at all (and we have a money-back-contract in case of denial, so he´ll better be right).

I´ll copy our timeline in here, so you got an idea of what we´re going through:

K1-Timeline

9-2008 sent in petition and got NOA1 (never heard a word or got a letter)

3-2009 called USCIS (never got an answer to our questions)

4-2009 got congressman involved (got information of approval, never got NOA2 though)

5-2009 got letter from USCIS saying NVC sent the petition back to USCIS for review (called to ask for more info but didn´t get an answer)

9-2009 received letter from USCIS saying the case expiered and we would have to file a new petition

10-2009 contacted a lawyer to file a second petition

11-2009 sent in petition and got NOA1

We still haven´t heard a word and I´m ready for the nuthouse:wacko:

You should be getting a response anytime now. Lots of November filers are getting either RFE's or NOA2. i recommend, if you havent done it yet, that you register on the USCIS website so you can check your status online. That way you'll know if / when they "touch" your case or better yet, get approved. Do you have your case number? If you paid by check, the case number will be printed on the back of the cancelled check.

The visa process have us tethering between being patient and being persistent. Maybe that's what happened with your first application you were too patient and trusted the USCIS way too much. Register online, keep an eye on it. If you dont see any touches within the next 2 weeks or so then give them a call.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
You should be getting a response anytime now. Lots of November filers are getting either RFE's or NOA2. i recommend, if you havent done it yet, that you register on the USCIS website so you can check your status online. That way you'll know if / when they "touch" your case or better yet, get approved. Do you have your case number? If you paid by check, the case number will be printed on the back of the cancelled check.

The visa process have us tethering between being patient and being persistent. Maybe that's what happened with your first application you were too patient and trusted the USCIS way too much. Register online, keep an eye on it. If you dont see any touches within the next 2 weeks or so then give them a call.

Thanks for your response :)

Ya well, that has been the answer every time we called USCIS during the first petition "......any time now". I can´t count how many times we called but we never got a real answer. We´ve had our congressman involved, we checked the status online and never have had any response from USCIS to any of our actions other than the letter telling us the case had expired and we would have to file a second time.

Now it seems to run the same directions and I am going crazy about it....

Thanks for your response :)

Ya well, that has been the answer every time we called USCIS during the first petition "......any time now". I can´t count how many times we called but we never got a real answer. We´ve had our congressman involved, we checked the status online and never have had any response from USCIS to any of our actions other than the letter telling us the case had expired and we would have to file a second time.

Now it seems to run the same directions and I am going crazy about it....

My first and only advice to you would be to involve your congressman / lawyer but as you already did so I' ll just wish you lots of luck ! (F)

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Thanks a lot...I feel like we could need some luck :star:

:blink: I started to wonder what could possibly be the problem so yours it' s taking so long. I didn' t know the petition can actually expire and one needs to file a new one. Is there anything unusual about your case ? :blush: ( Probably not and sorry for this question )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
:blink: I started to wonder what could possibly be the problem so yours it' s taking so long. I didn' t know the petition can actually expire and one needs to file a new one. Is there anything unusual about your case ? :blush: ( Probably not and sorry for this question )

Well, as far as we know there is nothing unusual and the lawyer we have leading us through the second petition did a check on everything. She assured us there shouldn´t be a problem and she couldn´t see anything unusual about it. I really hope she´s right about it and I don´t think she was just talking us into filing with her because we have a contract with a money-back-clause in it in case of denial.

Timeline

I think I have an identity crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im bored at work today (as usual) so I decided to be my ####### retentive, obsessive compulsive self and start working on "Package 3" even tho, Dan hasn't got it yet. For the past few months Ive been collecting / keeping my paystubs and bank statements. I have copies of my tax returns. I asked my boss for the employment letter (I decided to bribe him with Girl Scout Cookies so, I should have it before the end of the day). Now I'm working on the I-134 Form.

Question 2 reads:

I am ____ years of age and have resided in the United States since (date) ___________

Well, I am... eeeeerrrrrr.... <coughs>... 25! :P so that one is easy to answer now... the "resided" in the US part: I am Puertorrican which means I was born a US Citizen but PR is a territory, not a State. I moved to California in 2006. Should I say that Ive resided in the US since 2006 or use my birth date since PR is a US territory? :o:wacko:

I've searched the forums left and right and... nothing. Ive googled it and... nothing so sadly, the only option I have left is call the USCIS and pray I get someone nice enough to answer my question. I've been debating about posting my question on the VJ K-1 Forum but to be honest, I am deadly scared of some of the moderators :blush:

Anyways now that Im done venting here... Im bored again, lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
I think I have an identity crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im bored at work today (as usual) so I decided to be my ####### retentive, obsessive compulsive self and start working on "Package 3" even tho, Dan hasn't got it yet. For the past few months Ive been collecting / keeping my paystubs and bank statements. I have copies of my tax returns. I asked my boss for the employment letter (I decided to bribe him with Girl Scout Cookies so, I should have it before the end of the day). Now I'm working on the I-134 Form.

Question 2 reads:

I am ____ years of age and have resided in the United States since (date) ___________

Well, I am... eeeeerrrrrr.... <coughs>... 25! :P so that one is easy to answer now... the "resided" in the US part: I am Puertorrican which means I was born a US Citizen but PR is a territory, not a State. I moved to California in 2006. Should I say that Ive resided in the US since 2006 or use my birth date since PR is a US territory? :o:wacko:

I've searched the forums left and right and... nothing. Ive googled it and... nothing so sadly, the only option I have left is call the USCIS and pray I get someone nice enough to answer my question. I've been debating about posting my question on the VJ K-1 Forum but to be honest, I am deadly scared of some of the moderators :blush:

Anyways now that Im done venting here... Im bored again, lol.

I was going to put NO put 2006 since question #1 already should show you hve been a Us citizen since birth but if you google , "is puerto rico considered part of the US"..It says yes, and they recoginize it as their own. SOOOO i would just put 25 and since (birth date). Since the question is just asking how long have you resided in the US.. and since the puerto Rico is considered part of the US i would jut put since birth. I do not believe it will be a problem at the interview. My fiances interview is tomorrow, and they told him that they are not that strict on the I-134, its just about income really, so I doubt they will even look hard into that specific question. I COULD be wrong and I am not saying this is the right answer, but its what i would put. In the end I think either way will be fine and dont worry too much. Which ever one you put it can be explained at the interview so they understand

GOOD LUCK

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Panama

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-08

NVC Received : 2010-02-17

NVC Left : 2010-02-19

Consulate Received : 2010-02-25

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-01

Packet 4 Received : 2010-03-01

Interview Date : 2010-03-09 Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved

US Entry : 2010-04-03

Marriage : 2010-04-08

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Sacramento CA

Date Filed : 2010-04-22

NOA Date : 2010-05-03

Bio. Appt. : 2010-05-26

Biometrics taken (walk-in): 2010-05-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Timeline
I was going to put NO put 2006 since question #1 already should show you hve been a Us citizen since birth but if you google , "is puerto rico considered part of the US"..It says yes, and they recoginize it as their own. SOOOO i would just put 25 and since (birth date). Since the question is just asking how long have you resided in the US.. and since the puerto Rico is considered part of the US i would jut put since birth. I do not believe it will be a problem at the interview. My fiances interview is tomorrow, and they told him that they are not that strict on the I-134, its just about income really, so I doubt they will even look hard into that specific question. I COULD be wrong and I am not saying this is the right answer, but its what i would put. In the end I think either way will be fine and dont worry too much. Which ever one you put it can be explained at the interview so they understand

GOOD LUCK

Thanks! :D

I was thinking the same thing. I just want to make sure I dont make any mistakes and have the visa denied because of a stupid technicality.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Guys,

This sounds very weird. But it is true. I just can't believe it.

After NOA1 on Nov 23rd and a touch on Dec 1st, there was no activity on my case. Today i have checked the USCIS status site to see if i get lucky today. But there was no update. :crying:

After my evening run, i picked up my mail and found a letter from NVC stating that they have received my approved petition and the case will be sent to the consulate in a week. :wow:

As of now i feel like i am on the moon! Let me know if any one is in the same boat.

I am booking my flight now! Can't wait to see my love.

Thanks

BooBoo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hey Guys,

This sounds very weird. But it is true. I just can't believe it.

After NOA1 on Nov 23rd and a touch on Dec 1st, there was no activity on my case. Today i have checked the USCIS status site to see if i get lucky today. But there was no update. :crying:

After my evening run, i picked up my mail and found a letter from NVC stating that they have received my approved petition and the case will be sent to the consulate in a week. :wow:

As of now i feel like i am on the moon! Let me know if any one is in the same boat.

I am booking my flight now! Can't wait to see my love.

Thanks

BooBoo

Congratulations!

But you still need a hardcopy NOA-2. If you still haven't gotten it, call USCIS

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline
i can c u say word military alot of times , so god help u hero

All im saying is dont be quick to call someone a liar. I mean im still getting married and 6 days so obviously what I did worked for me.

My fiance received the NOA 2 hard copy in his mailbox yesterday. I e - mailed NVC today. Hopefully, our package is somewhere on the way to a country called Slovenia. :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.