Mr. Big Dog

House passes Health Care Bill

56 posts in this topic

Rejoice and be glad... Wait 'til you pay for it.

VIEW MY TIMELINE

us-1.jpg

azx3j298m21dj.png

"Marriage is not like a really hot spoonful of rice that you'll just spit out when you got burned."
-Filipino saying

NATURALIZATION
AUGUST 7, 2012 - N-400 Sent

DECEMBER 12, 2012 - Interview (Chicago, IL)

DECEMBER 14, 2012 - Oath Taking (Chicago, IL)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

head-in-the-sand.gif

Is that Obamas a$$ you got your head in? :rofl:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Good news.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
crying-baby.jpg

is that a picture of your kid, when the dollar is no longer trusted, when the chinese have decided to buy euros instead of dollars and other countries follow suit, when the game is over, when our gov't can no longer borrow?

yeap, it will actually take the chinese and others that are buying our debt to slow us down, because power corrupts, our elected reps care more about their future than they do about america's future.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Well comrades we are almost there! Next, the evil oil companies must be nationalized, then the media (oh, that's already happened).....

Welcome to Venezuela....

What exactly has been nationalized with yesterday's passage of the health care reform measure?

People like that eejit entitlements_yay need a good slap of reality right in the face! We have what those types of cavemen would call "socialized" medicine back home and you know what I'd take that over the $hite they have in America any day. America has actually taken a small step towards what many in Europe have had for a very long time. I agree more regulation is needed if we had responsible regulation then the banks wouldn't have gotten so greedy they almost ate themselves to death, Made in China Mart.. I mean Wal-Mart wouldn't be taking over everything and we'd all have more choices when we wanted to get cable TV, a cell phone/land line, internet service, insurance heath and property? the list goes on.. yes the oil companies too should be regulated left unregulated we can expect for a fact the price of fuel to go up again and their profits will increase as well.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
their job is more important than what happens to america after they are gone (dead and gone). they know that no individual will ever be blamed for destroying america (they can't find an individual to blame for the housing bust). it is all about buying votes so do not look to your elected officials to contain cost, it is not possible. this bill isn't to benefit americans, it is to benefit individual careers, they could care less about the finances, this is to stay in office. power corrupts.

as a disclaimer or whatever you want to call it... republicans are no better than the dems, absolutely no better!!! the only time repubs do not want to spend is when they aren't in power. as soon as they get in power, they suddenly see a need to spend. power corrupts.

i hear you... sometimes i feel this way, too...

we'll see what the bill looks like when it is made into law...

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

crying-baby.jpg

is that a picture of your kid, when the dollar is no longer trusted, when the chinese have decided to buy euros instead of dollars and other countries follow suit, when the game is over, when our gov't can no longer borrow?

yeap, it will actually take the chinese and others that are buying our debt to slow us down, because power corrupts, our elected reps care more about their future than they do about america's future.

:thumbs: He aint got it all together yet!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

I love bein spoon fed! :devil: Im waitin for Steve to volunteer to come wipe some a$$e$!

Edited by ={Rogue}=

― Andrew Wilkow

More like house passes..................................Flatulance which is against the copenhagen treaty!

― Andrew Wilkow

The legislation would require most Americans to carry insurance and provide federal subsidies to those who otherwise could not afford it. Large companies would have to offer coverage to their employees. Both consumers and companies would be slapped with penalties if they defied the government's mandates.

To pay for the expansion of coverage, the bill cuts Medicare's projected spending by more than $400 billion over a decade. It also imposes a tax surcharge of 5.4 percent on income over $500,000 in the case of individuals and $1 million for families.

link

Liberals don't care about details. Only handouts.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
The legislation would require most Americans to carry insurance and provide federal subsidies to those who otherwise could not afford it. Large companies would have to offer coverage to their employees. Both consumers and companies would be slapped with penalties if they defied the government's mandates.

To pay for the expansion of coverage, the bill cuts Medicare's projected spending by more than $400 billion over a decade. It also imposes a tax surcharge of 5.4 percent on income over $500,000 in the case of individuals and $1 million for families.

link

Liberals don't care about details. Only handouts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't get it, is health insurance the problem? Same exact room in our hospital was 40 bucks a night with room service, even food was included, today that same room is 3,000 bucks per night!  40 bucks was par for a motel room back then, and that did not include room service. Hospital, even at those rates claims to be losing money as they treat many people that cannot afford to pay, so those that have insurance are also paying for those that don't.

Had my annual physical last week, was commenting to my doctor, the VA is after me to be my primary health care provider. But I have to pay a 15 buck co-payment each visit plus drive 260 miles to get treated. 30 years ago, without insurance, and average visit to my own clinic was 15 bucks.  Clinic also claims to be losing lots of money when a visit today runs around 400 bucks.

Practically everyone in town working for retail or a small business does not have health insurance, can call that the majority.  But back 30 years ago, you didn't need health insurance, medical rates were reasonable. All I can say, this changed drastically when Reagan took office, no more individual health plans were offered and those that were cost a small fortune.

If you added up your yearly medical bills, added 10% to that, divided that by 12, that is what your premiums would be. They also started pre-conditions that kicked a couple of my family members off my policy with minor stuff. That had to be paid with cash or I would lose my home.

Like it or not, it's the government that controls this as well as our trade deficits. Feel you people that are going against the government from correcting their mistakes, are very mislead. Either that, or just plain stupid, feel it's the latter.

And it's not republican nor democrat, liberal nor conservative, just crooked politicians getting huge sums of money from those that are setting national policy. Maybe those that are against correction are cleaning up on this. Now, will it pass the senate? Probably not. Neither the house nor the senate has term limits nor election reform.