junebride

as filipina wife married a US citizen husband

22 posts in this topic

just to quick question. i just to know what my rights as filipina wife of US citizen .my husband was already died 2 days from now. what are my option and rights?

I'm sorry I don't think I understand. I just want to clarify, is your husband still alive?

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
just to quick question. i just to know what my rights as filipina wife of US citizen .my husband was already died 2 days from now. what are my option and rights?

I am very sorry for your loss, may your husband rest in peace.

I believe if you were in the states you would be able to stay, but if I'm reading your timeline correctly, you are still in your country; therefore I don't know the answer to your question.

I hope someone here can answer your questions soon.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry about the loss of your husband. I understand the feeling of losing a dear one and the desire to see him for the last time is extremely high. Try to contact the US embassy and explain your predicament. They might offer some options for you. Also be sure to get a true copy of your husband's death certificate.

Know no amount of words can console you at this time. But be strong and pray.

Please visit our website and make a difference in the lives of the children.www.gracegeneralsantos.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am sorry for your loss.

As your spousal visa has not been issued yet, the process is voided. You may be able to get a tourist visa under these circumstances to attend the funeral, but I am not sure.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

post and post quoting same removed at Poster's request.

Comments contained in removed posts returned below

QUOTE (RebeccaAndPhil @ Nov 7 2009, 05:33 PM) *I'm sorry I don't think I understand. I just want to clarify, is your husband still alive?

QUOTE (junebride @ Nov 7 2009, 07:19 PM) * sorry for my confusing words on it because im still out of mind because of what happen to my husband. I mean what are my rights as a filipina wife who married a US citizen? no he died already its 3 days from now he past away. im already widow now. i dont what my option to come there hopefully to attend the funeral service. We have a pending processing of my spousal visa.

sorry for my confusing words on it because im still out of mind because of what happen to my husband. I mean what are my rights as a filipina wife who married a US citizen? no he died already its 3 days from now he past away. im already widow now. i dont what my option to come there hopefully to attend the funeral service. We have a pending processing of my spousal visa.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Im really sorry for your lost! I hope I can help in someway. Our Condolence for you...

A question are your husband is a veteran?

Removal of Conditions:

10-13-2011: Received Reminder Letter

11-21-2011: Sent my ROC via USPS Express Mail

11-22-2011: Package received at 10:52AM by INS EXPRESS MAIL and signed by Mario Guerrero

11-22-2011: NOA Receipt Date

11-25-2011: Check Cashed!

11-28-2011: NOA Arrived

12-13-2011: Received Biometrics Letter, dated 12-08-11

01-04-2012: Biometrics Appointment, 8am

06-21-2012: Received an Approval Email from the USCIS.

06-22-2012: Received the Decision Letter dated on 06-19-2012

844debe071.png

b837064a14.png

96f9494b90.png

Im really sorry for your lost! I hope I can help in someway. Our Condolence for you...

A question are your husband is a veteran?

no actualy he still 45 of age. still working at the company as contractor about more than 1 year already.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
no actualy he still 45 of age. still working at the company as contractor about more than 1 year already.

I would suggest to you to call the Embassy and explain it to them your situation. I hope you can attend on your husband's funeral.

condolence again...

Removal of Conditions:

10-13-2011: Received Reminder Letter

11-21-2011: Sent my ROC via USPS Express Mail

11-22-2011: Package received at 10:52AM by INS EXPRESS MAIL and signed by Mario Guerrero

11-22-2011: NOA Receipt Date

11-25-2011: Check Cashed!

11-28-2011: NOA Arrived

12-13-2011: Received Biometrics Letter, dated 12-08-11

01-04-2012: Biometrics Appointment, 8am

06-21-2012: Received an Approval Email from the USCIS.

06-22-2012: Received the Decision Letter dated on 06-19-2012

844debe071.png

b837064a14.png

96f9494b90.png

What stage of the visa process are you? Did you do St. Lukes medical and the embassy interview yet?

Do you have the visa?

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hello junebride..im sorry for your lost..our heartfelt condolence.

All i know is....you have to go to US embassy manila and talk to the expert.

You can ask a letter from the husband family for letting you'll be in burial. If they won't you cant be their.

And never sign a document...consult first a lawyer.....before you move.

It is also happen to my cousin....her husband family never allow her to witness the burial and they only sent

documents and force her to sign. My cousin received dollars from her husband family and they said ...that's all the money he had..

Be strong....

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

What stage of the visa process are you? Did you do St. Lukes medical and the embassy interview yet?

Do you have the visa?

no not yet we still have the NOA1 and for now were waiting for the NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your lost, if he was 45 that is very young.. it is my age.

as for your rights married to a USC, since you are not in the USA now, I do belive your petition is deem closed. If the petitioner dies while in the process of getting a visa, so does the petition. I do not think you can get a perm visa.

You might be able to get a temp tourist one to come to the funnerl.

I hope you are doing good and stay strong.

I'm sorry I don't think I understand. I just want to clarify, is your husband still alive?

I wanted to edit my post but wasn't able to, but I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences go out to you.

About your rights here, had you already applied for any type of visa? What is your current status?

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.