*Maureen*

It's Friday!!

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
At first it seemed there were TONS of rainbows and smileys today, I almost thought people really 'liked one another' and I almost thought I was in another forum. Back to normal people back to normal :devil:

Hope everyone is doing ok. Im back to work at 6am. Wishing there was a tired smiley icon!

istockphoto_6429076-emoticon-tired.jpg

tired.gif

ooooh la la Jeanne! Thanks! Im feelin it!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
It's like saying the *N* word here.

As it was explained to me - it is more regarding being unsophisticated and ignorant than emotionally charged as the "n" word. It's not that bad.

EXACTLY! I wouldn't even put the two in the same catagory.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Timeline

As it was explained to me - it is more regarding being unsophisticated and ignorant than emotionally charged as the "n" word. It's not that bad.

Oh wow! Same here never! Not even near the same category.

More like calling someone a redneck Olivia. Which is pretty common these days w/ all the comedians out there like Jeff Foxworthy and crew…"You know your a redneck if..." :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
Well he's not one to embellish and I know bad words are a big no-no with him especially when it comes time for us to have kids. So I was thinking about all what you all said about it while I was preparing dinner and I think I got it now. It's like saying the *N* word here. It's used among themselves here but nobody else better call them that. The literal definition means ignorant person but in societal context it has a much nastier meaning.

:wow::blink:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

For real he asked me where did I hear that from. I told him it was one of the VJ MENA ladies user name. He said that it means something really derogatory and I'm never to use it. So I'm curious what is it?

Does he always command you as if you're a five year old who can't think for herself - who can't decide what words you do or don't use???

Timeline

Oh wow! Same here never! Not even near the same category.

More like calling someone a redneck Olivia. Which is pretty common these days w/ all the comedians out there like Jeff Foxworthy and crew…"You know your a redneck if..." :P

Considering the peasant or farmer aspect of the definition that makes better sense. Thank you for the clarification Annie.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not only do personal attacks and insults add nothing to a discussion, they are a violation of TOS for this site. If you continue to ignore such warnings administrative action will be taken.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I repeat - STOP the personal attacks and insults. For all new members who have obviously not yet taken the time to read the Terms of Service (TOS), do so now. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=terms You agreed to abide by them when you signed on to your membership on this forum. Failure to abide by them will be met with administrative actions against the violators.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Was there a personal attack here? The most I heard was a threat to sue, but that's it. Oh well....it's show time!

:pop:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Yes, this thread is now locked for TOS violations

Personal attacks and inappropriate comments have been removed.

Edited by Kathryn41

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
I repeat - STOP the personal attacks and insults. For all new members who have obviously not yet taken the time to read the Terms of Service (TOS), do so now. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=terms You agreed to abide by them when you signed on to your membership on this forum. Failure to abide by them will be met with administrative actions against the violators.

All right. Could you please ask Ewok then to let us know his stand on this? Olivia is trying to intimidate people, and threatening people with information that she posted in the first place; and is not public domain, She is going againstTOS. Intimidation amongst adults is just stupid. (and by this I don't mean you Kathryn).

If there is a TOS violation on VJ I can use our records (within the privacy policy) to investigate the members involved. Actions such as this are done by the admin only when it comes to items under the privacy policy (example is duplicate account by a person can often be found via IP checks; mods can not do this because that information is "private" and the mods do not have access to that type of information). We can only hand out a suspension or ban on VJ for most violations. We can not personally work outside the "server" so to speak. If there is a need by a person outside of VJ to obtain ANY information not public and covered under our Privacy Policy then I would ask those people to read the Terms of Service very closely. Short of a court order (as is the policy of any ISP) no private information under the privacy policy will be released -- period. As was implied, I do not appreciate VJ being implied as a part of any process under way. I am more than happy to investigate TOS violations but beyond the walls of VJ is not any place we have insight or control.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.