RaspberrySwirl

Inspired by a thread in K-1 forum

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

This is just me....totally a PERSONAL opinion so don't flame me.

I have had boyfriends that I met on the internet, (One I actually almost married...) so I do understand the connection you can make with people you haven't met.

I, however, could NEVER ever ever ever marry someone I hadn't spent any time IN PERSON with...I think that the meeting requirement is a really good idea...IMHO

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
In this electronic age of long-distance communication don't you think they should make some allowances for contact OTHER than face-to-face?

No.

I have had boyfriends that I met on the internet, (One I actually almost married...) so I do understand the connection you can make with people you haven't met.

I, however, could NEVER ever ever ever marry someone I hadn't spent any time IN PERSON with...I think that the meeting requirement is a really good idea...IMHO

You're a horrible and malevolent person for even thinking that!

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Give me one GOOD reason why not?

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

I'm with the Agent on this one--as someone who met and, yes, fell in love with her sweetie online.

I would never have agreed to file the I-129F without meeting Ewen first. I wanted to see him, have him stay in my house for a while, go grocery shopping and visiting my parents with him. And I don't know how anyone could really think that they could hack a marriage without doing this for even a little, even once.

The requirements aren't ridiculous. They don't stipulate that you have to have spent a certain amount of time together, or lived together. You have to meet. Once. If it's for 12 hours or 12 years, they don't care.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Give me one GOOD reason why not?

Because I wish to deny happiness from as many people as possible.

:lol::lol:

classic!

I'm with the Agent on this one--as someone who met and, yes, fell in love with her sweetie online.

I would never have agreed to file the I-129F without meeting Ewen first. I wanted to see him, have him stay in my house for a while, go grocery shopping and visiting my parents with him. And I don't know how anyone could really think that they could hack a marriage without doing this for even a little, even once.

The requirements aren't ridiculous. They don't stipulate that you have to have spent a certain amount of time together, or lived together. You have to meet. Once. If it's for 12 hours or 12 years, they don't care.

I feel the opposite-If I hadn't met my man I wouldn't be sitting here miserable missing him, I wouldn't have applied for a petition that is taking FORVER to approve..........I would have been better off having never met him. I would have met someone a little more "geographically desirable"

I am kidding-hope everyone knows that :D

Pax-I totally agree with ya!

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Maybe because that should be blindingly obvious to anyone filing for a fiance/e visa?

I don't think anyone here is missing the point that it's hard, if not impossible, to establish a genuine relationship without having met in person.

Judging by many of the issues that crop up regularly here, I would have to say that what is blindingly obvious to many of us, seems to entirely elude comprehension in others - particularly amongst those perhaps starting the process and who don't have the benefit of any prior experience or understanding of how the immigration system works and what issues are at stake in it.

What many have seemed to erroneously focus on in this issue - and I don't just refer to this specific thread but others that have arisen on the same subject in the past - is the financial support question. At the time the I-129F is processed and approved, the USCIS have no interest in, knowledge of, or means to assess, the question of whether the petitioner can support the beneficiary adequately. Thus a contention that an I-129F denial would come due to a possible inability to provide adequate support arising from financial hardship grounds where a meeting hasn't taken place is not correct.

It would be, as you rightly infer, on the grounds that there was absent sufficient evidence to support the intention to marry. Nothing more, nor less.

ROFLMAO This is my favorite
On appeal the petitioner states that she travelled to India to meet her fiance but at the time of her visit, he was out of the country.

:lol::lol:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

DEALT

true.. i'd never marry someone whom I've never met before..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Timeline

I would never ever marry someone I never met. Look at some of the 'true love' horror stories here!

But I'ma say it...and it might sound horrible, but it's the way I feel, so oh well.....'emotional' connections & whatnot are great, but if there's no physical spark, then it aint all that (FOR ME). And how could you know if you had that spark if you never met?

But what if the USC can't travel (medical reasons) and the foreign fiance(e) comes from one of those countries where you need an invitation for a B2-visa and his/her request for a visitor-visa is denied on the grounds that she could decide to stay?

Or similarly, what if the USC can't travel and the foreign partner is denied entry at POE on VWP or B2 based on lack of financial resources or lack of prove that she/he needs to return to home country?

In both cases, the partner has shown a willingness to visit, but was denied a visa or entry which is not her/his fault. I would think that USCIS should make an exception in these cases since the fault lies with USCIS.

In the ONE hardship case that I have heard of being approved, the USC couldn't travel for medical reasons and they showed proof that the OP had been refused visas to the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

:yes: true

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
But what if the USC can't travel (medical reasons) and the foreign fiance(e) comes from one of those countries where you need an invitation for a B2-visa and his/her request for a visitor-visa is denied on the grounds that she could decide to stay?

Or similarly, what if the USC can't travel and the foreign partner is denied entry at POE on VWP or B2 based on lack of financial resources or lack of prove that she/he needs to return to home country?

In both cases, the partner has shown a willingness to visit, but was denied a visa or entry which is not her/his fault. I would think that USCIS should make an exception in these cases since the fault lies with USCIS.

And this is the one case where I have seen a waiver being granted. The Petitioner couldn't travel outside the US or Canada and the beneficiary was refused a visitor visa from both the US and Canada... in this case the USCIS did grant the waiver.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**