MN&UK

Million Fiance/Spouse March on Washington

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We need a website. We can then send out press releases to major newspapers/media outlets/senators.

We can put letters & pictures on it.

I'm in for whatever you do.

Cool, let me see what I come up with. It might take a few, but I will investigate.

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

We need a website. We can then send out press releases to major newspapers/media outlets/senators.

We can put letters & pictures on it.

I'm in for whatever you do.

Cool, let me see what I come up with. It might take a few, but I will investigate.

I'm not sure that Ewok would let us do anything here, but it ideal since we are already all here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This sadden me, we spend so much time and money and effort to do thing legally, do the right thing, wait and wait and follow instruction/direction from our Government for days/weeks/months/years, just to bring our loveone here.

That brings me to the idea of congress and the president just to give a free-pass to all ILLEGAL aliens sicken me!!!

If our USCIS don't have to pay attention to those illegal aliens, they would have more time to process our cases. That how I see it! Only 2hrs for me from Philly to DC. I'm there!

Marching: :dance::dance::dance::dance: (can't find a marching one, so dancing will do for now)

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Even through im here i would love to come but i cant afford a plane ticket as im just 4 weeks away from my wedding...you have me in support if not in body but im mind!

Good luck with anything you do :)

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Timeline
WHo can write a well-written open letter to Senators/media outlets so everyone only has to change the name & fax it?

I don't have the skills some of you do. Then we can send a flurry everywhere!

Someone, perhaps Tigre (??) had well written one that we can adapt. I will be happy to start one (I will wirte it this weekend) and post it here for everyone's critique. Then we can all add our signatures and distribute. I am in PR/Media Relations and have some contacts, but will need to enlist everyone's help in this grassroots, guerilla marketing campaign on behalf of our relationships,

I get that it would be too spendy for us to assemble in Washington as we are all saving money for plane tickets, phone bills, weddings, etc. But we can do something via the www.

Look for something from me soon. I will make a new topic thread.

Edited by MN&UK

March 15 - NOA#1

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

I will do my best to make it there please count me in. Just let me know all the details.

Removing Conditions

May 29 2009 - Vermont received I-751

June 01 2009 - NOA

July 13 2009 - Biometric

Oct 22 2009 - E-mail - card ordered

Oct 23 2009 - Received letter - approval date 10/19.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am in too, and I live in DC.

Here is what I think we need to do. This would be better organized through email, since that it can spread better.

I set up an email account to start the chain. visaaction@gmail.com.

Send a note to that account with your email address and we will start an email chain to organize. We can always change it later, but that at least will give an alternative forum to gather interest.

The undocumented workers protested and look what that did.

What did it do? Has some new legislation been passed to allow them to stay? Did they get any relief?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Well, I'm in for whatever!! letter, e-mail, protest, whatever!! let me know if I can be of some help.

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Timeline
I am in too, and I live in DC.

Here is what I think we need to do. This would be better organized through email, since that it can spread better.

I set up an email account to start the chain. visaaction@gmail.com.

Send a note to that account with your email address and we will start an email chain to organize. We can always change it later, but that at least will give an alternative forum to gather interest.

Great - thanks for being proactive. Everyone email visaaction@gmail.com so he/she can start a distro list for us to come up with a plan.

March 15 - NOA#1

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Filed: Timeline

Also consider joining us at www.americanfamiliesunited.org.

We are a grassroots organization actively lobbying for Family Unity in Immigration for American Citizen Spouse and children. We have a core group of members and actively fundraising to organize lobbying efforts and media awareness of the plights and hardships that American families face in the immigration process. We have hired a lobbyist who is currently working with us on preparing an amendment to bring parity and fairness to American families regarding waivers, name checks and other process delays.

Our mission: With a firm conviction that the right to keep a family together is a fundamental freedom, American Families United works to ensure that American immigration law protects families. We represent American citizens who are sponsoring nuclear family members for immigration. In order to respect the right to family, this process must not only encourage family unity but also minimize family separation. American Families United pursues both legislative and media strategies to guarantee that the immigration process faced by families is fair, timely and transparent.

We organized rallies around Mother's Day and are working on Labor Day events. The more members, supporting and joining us, the more successful we all can be an a united voice to MAKE A CHANGE for your families.

Please check out the website, volunteer, post in our new forum or make a pledge of support!

Thank you!!

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would be willing to help...

But my Cynical side says that most people really dont give a Rat's Rearend. As a matter of fact people who I would expect to care do not. On the contrary, I have been told by some that they are "happy the Gov. is taking there time". "The Gov. should check out all of these people coming in really really good!" is another response. I just tell them "Yees I'm all for that, Now if the Gov. would just do there job and PROCESS THE APPLICATIONS!"....... People just don't understand unless THEY are directly affected. :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
People just don't understand unless THEY are directly affected.

way too true.. sad huh? ahhh well .. whats another glass of scotch? :hehe:

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.