bebop + rocksteady

Assembly question, how to put together two-paged sections?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright, so I'm gathering my proof, and there are a few instances where I have single pieces of proof which turn out to be two pages long once I copy them.

For example, my receipt for our engagement pictures is a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet plus a cash register receipt, so I copied them and now it's two 8 1/2 x 11 sheets.

I don't want them to get seperated since technically they are one single piece of proof. Is it appropriate to staple here? Or should I just use paperclips? I plan to use binder clips to secure each larger section, but those kind of clips aren't very appropriate for smaller amounts of paper and will get awfully bulky if I use them in many places. And I'm afraid to leave them unattached from one another for fear of them being seperated. I already plan on labeling it something like this: Engagement Portrait Receipt Page 1 of 2.

Will that be enough?

And yes, I know I'm overthinking. I fear the fine folks at CSC will decide to use my petition to line the bird cages or something. I just want an excuse to use my red stapler. :P

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: Timeline
Alright, so I'm gathering my proof, and there are a few instances where I have single pieces of proof which turn out to be two pages long once I copy them.

For example, my receipt for our engagement pictures is a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet plus a cash register receipt, so I copied them and now it's two 8 1/2 x 11 sheets.

I don't want them to get seperated since technically they are one single piece of proof. Is it appropriate to staple here? Or should I just use paperclips? I plan to use binder clips to secure each larger section, but those kind of clips aren't very appropriate for smaller amounts of paper and will get awfully bulky if I use them in many places. And I'm afraid to leave them unattached from one another for fear of them being seperated. I already plan on labeling it something like this: Engagement Portrait Receipt Page 1 of 2.

Will that be enough?

And yes, I know I'm overthinking. I fear the fine folks at CSC will decide to use my petition to line the bird cages or something. I just want an excuse to use my red stapler. :P

I really wouldn't put that much energy into thinking about it & just send it. Remember too much proof can be bad as well. They don't ask for an engagement pictures receipt, only ring receipt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

for things like that I titled the pages for example "Engagement Picture evidence page 1/2" and then the next page 2/2 .. that is what i did.

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think a lot of people send TOO MUCH evidence. I know that they RFE people sometimes for not enough, but if you have a legitimate relationship and send a little bit of all kinds of proof (a couple photos, a couple emails, a phone bill, and a boarding pass) you should have no problem!

SEE K-1 HISTORY IN MY TIMELINE

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/02/2006 - package received in Chicago (delivery confirmed via USPS)

07/06/2006 - NOA 1 (DAY 7)

07/12/2006 - biometric appointment notice (DAY 13)

07/14/2006 - received biometric appointment notice via mail

07/25/2006 - interview notice (DAY 26)

07/26/2006 - biometrics taken (DAY 27)

07/28/2006 - received interview notice via mail

09/07/2006 - I-485 interview...APPROVED!!!...passport stamped (DAY 70)

09/12/2006 - I-131 approved (DAY 75)

09/13/2006 - received welcome letter via mail

09/15/2006 - I-765 approved (DAY 78)

09/16/2006 - received AP via mail

09/18/2006 - received conditional green card via mail

09/21/2006 - received EAD via mail

07/23/2008 - filed I-751 to lift conditional status

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

08/26/2008 - biometric appointment

12/03/2008 - I-751 approved

12/08/2008 - received 10-year green card via mail

09/07/2009 - eligible for U.S. citizenship!

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got this from the USCIS site, but I think it'll help you:

1. Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

2. Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

3. The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

4. Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

(...)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I really wouldn't put that much energy into thinking about it & just send it. Remember too much proof can be bad as well. They don't ask for an engagement pictures receipt, only ring receipt.

I'm using the engagement portrait receipt because I paid for it on my debit card in Ontario. Proof of meeting. Not necessairly because it's for the pictures. As for the amount of evidence, I'm not worried about that, I'm pretty sure I have the perfect amount. There are just a few receipts I'd like to include to show my visits to Thunder Bay.

Edited by cass

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

AOS/EAD

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

Timeline

I'm using the engagement portrait receipt because I paid for it on my debit card in Ontario. Proof of meeting. Not necessairly because it's for the pictures.

Although I can see how an engagement ring would be evidence of that, at this point you're aiming at proving you have a real ongoing relationship.

Good luck!

Timeline (incompleta)

I'm using the engagement portrait receipt because I paid for it on my debit card in Ontario. Proof of meeting. Not necessairly because it's for the pictures. As for the amount of evidence, I'm not worried about that, I'm pretty sure I have the perfect amount. There are just a few receipts I'd like to include to show my visits to Thunder Bay.

Sounds good. Keep it simple, you only need proof of meeting, not relationship (yet). Give them what they ask for & that's it because too much is more for them to wade through. Couldn't you just submit the big receipt for pictures, not 2 pages worth? It still proves it, no?

cass,

I stapled things like you are describing. (Does the cash register receipt show anything that the other receipt does not? I.e. does it add any useful information or does it add only bulk?)

Yodrak

Will that be enough?

And yes, I know I'm overthinking. I fear the fine folks at CSC will decide to use my petition to line the bird cages or something. I just want an excuse to use my red stapler.

devilette,

No, the USCIS does not ask for a ring receipt in conjunction with I-129f.

Yodrak

Will that be enough?

Timeline
Sounds good. Keep it simple, you only need proof of meeting, not relationship (yet). Give them what they ask for & that's it because too much is more for them to wade through. Couldn't you just submit the big receipt for pictures, not 2 pages worth? It still proves it, no?

Oh, woops. My bad. I thought she was gathering stuff for the interview. Sorry, you guys.

So... we've sent a few pictures of us together, his visa on his passport and copy of the e-ticket he used to come and see me and I guess that was pretty much it. We got an approval. No need to worry too much about it. I go with devilette, keep it simple and you'll do fine.

Timeline (incompleta)

Mew,

No, with the I-129f the emphasis is on proving that they have met at least once during the prior two years and are free to marry. The statements of intent are sufficient for establishing the relationship, although one is invited to provide more if they wish.

Yodrak

I'm using the engagement portrait receipt because I paid for it on my debit card in Ontario. Proof of meeting. Not necessairly because it's for the pictures.

Although I can see how an engagement ring would be evidence of that, at this point you're aiming at proving you have a real ongoing relationship.

Good luck!

Timeline

I thought about leaving it off too, but the cash register receipt has my name on it (from the debit card purchase) and the other receipt has his name on it (he's the one the schedule the appointment) so I thought i'd be nice to include both.

cass,

I stapled things like you are describing. (Does the cash register receipt show anything that the other receipt does not? I.e. does it add any useful information or does it add only bulk?)

Yodrak

Again, I repeat, I am not trying to prove my ongoing relationship. I am trying to prove I was IN Ontario with Craig. Pics of me and my fiance are considered secondary evidence for this and therefore, are not enough.

you are totally overthinking lol i didnt even include a receipt in mine. pics of you and your fiance with family is sufficient enough
Edited by cass

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

AOS/EAD

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

cass,

It's nice to see someone thinking about what evidence they have available in their situation to make the point that is required, rather than worrying about whether they have items from a generic list that may or may not fit with their particular situation.

Yodrak

I thought about leaving it off too, but the cash register receipt has my name on it (from the debit card purchase) and the other receipt has his name on it (he's the one the schedule the appointment) so I thought i'd be nice to include both.

cass,

Yodrak

Again, I repeat, I am not trying to proof my ongoing relationship. I am trying to prove I was IN Ontario with Craig. Pics of me and my fiance are considered secondary evidence for this and therefore, are not enough.

you are totally overthinking lol i didnt even include a receipt in mine. pics of you and your fiance with family is sufficient enough

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.