Heracles

Onlookers laugh during teen girl's gang rape

202 posts in this topic

How can you possibly know what those people would or wouldn't do?

Simple, they didn't do it.

There was one guy who was not exactly in the right state of mind who tried to abuse a drunk girl during a night out at high school and I dragged him off her and basically got into a fight with him. While I was drunk at the time, I still had enough common sense to know he was up to no good. I had drunk an entire bottle of wine. At 16, that hits you hard.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
How can you possibly know what those people would or wouldn't do?

Simple, they didn't do it.

There was one guy who was not exactly in the right state of mind who tried to abuse a drunk girl during a night out at high school and I dragged him off her and basically got into a fight with him. While I was drunk at the time, I still had enough common sense to know he was up to no good. I had polished off a entire bottle of wine. At 16, that hits you hard.

So based on this alleged incident in your teens you have a detailed psychological understanding of all these people.

Hmmmm

British soldiers did this in the third world during the colonial era.

This is 2009, when people are supposed to know better. However, crimes are evidently getting worse and with the perpetrators becoming ever more brazen.

PS When you are free, check out the link in my signature. ;) Then come tell me what you gather from this link.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

So based on this alleged incident in your teens you have a detailed psychological understanding of all these people.

Hmmmm

I cannot speak for the US as I was not here, however, when I grew up in Melbourne, such crimes simply did not happen. End of story.

It's definitely not a case of me pulling ####### out of my azz. The lack of empathy and compassion for others by this generation is well noted by numerous scholars and studies.

It also doesn't take a genius to realize things like Columbine simply did not happen in the 80's or 90s. Furthermore, certainly do not occur in Aus.

Evidently kids these days are effed up ;)

Columbine style incidents must have been common in London then? As were such incidents right?

Edited by Booyah!

Off to bed but unf-ck-nbelievable.

If anyone dares to even hint let alone suggest that this generation of kids have the same attitude of those generations 20 or 30 years ago, I will knock them out.

Boo :thumbs:

(F)

It still blows my mind that people do not have a conscience. That they can actually stand by and do nothing.

My mouth and attitude is too big....I can't relate to onlookers. To me, they are just as accountable.

I think what is going on with kids these days is simply atrocious.... not all. The gap between my kids and I isn't that great and when I think back to how it "was" when I was their age...I don't remember it ever being this bad. Really sad...and scary too.

Edited by Sandrila

Boo :thumbs:

(F)

It still blows my mind that people do not have a conscience. That they can actually stand by and do nothing.

My mouth and attitude is too big....I can't relate to onlookers. To me, they are just as accountable.

I think what is going on with kids these days is simply atrocious.... not all. The gap between my kids and I isn't that great and when I think back to how it "was" when I was their age...I don't remember it ever being this bad. Really sad...and scary too.

I wish these kids were in Singapore. Only there would they be taught empathy and compassion for others. It's amazing what reintroducing caning achieves. Sure as hell fixed us convicts up. :lol:

Edited by Booyah!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Poor girl. :(

And yes, gang-rapes have been going on for millenia. Doesn't make it right any less.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Let me add, I did see and article from the local paper in Richmond, CA clearly pointing out that there has been a huge increase in violence by teens. Which strangely enough coincides with another similar article I posted regarding teens in DC a few weeks ago.

Increase usually means different right? :unsure: As in not the same. :no:

Timeline

Hmmmm

I cannot speak for the US as I was not here, however, when I grew up in Melbourne, such crimes simply did not happen. End of story.

It's definitely not a case of me pulling ####### out of my azz. The lack of empathy and compassion for others by this generation is well noted by numerous scholars and studies.

It also doesn't take a genius to realize things like Columbine simply did not happen in the 80's or 90s. Furthermore, certainly do not occur in Aus.

Well there's Martin Bryant (supposedly the worst spree killer on record) - chalked up 35 dead and 19 injured. Then you have:

David (1951 – October 2, 2005) and Catherine Birnie (born 1951) were an Australian husband and wife pair of serial killers from Perth, Australia. They murdered four women ranging in age from 16 to 35 in their home in the 1980s, and attempted to murder a fifth. These crimes were referred to in the press as the Moorhouse murders, after the Birnie's address at 3 Moorhouse Street in Willagee on the outskirts of Perth.[1]

David Birnie hanged himself on October 2, 2005. Catherine's first opportunity for parole in 2007 was unsuccessful and her case will be reviewed again in 2010. However, West Australian Attorney General Jim McGinty has said that her release is unlikely while he remains in office.[2]

John Justin Bunting (b. September 4, 1966 [1], Inala, Queensland) is an Australian serial killer from Adelaide, South Australia, currently serving life imprisonment for his role in the murder of eleven victims of the Snowtown murders. Snowtown murders, or the Bodies in Barrels murders, refers to a series of gruesome murders perpetrated in South Australia during the 1990s. The crime spree was uncovered when the remains of eight victims were found in barrels of acid located in a rented former bank building in Snowtown, South Australia, on May 20, 1999. The town of Snowtown (population 520) is in the Mid North of South Australia, 145 km north of Adelaide. Though Snowtown is frequently linked with the crimes, the bodies had been held in a series of locations around Adelaide for some time, and were moved to Snowtown in early 1999, very late in the crime spree that had spanned several years. Only one victim was killed in Snowtown; none of the victims or the perpetrators were from that town.

John Wayne Glover (November 26, 1932 - September 9, 2005) was an Australian convicted for the murders of six elderly women on Sydney's North Shore. Over a fourteen month period over 1989/90, Glover killed six elderly women for which he became dubbed "The Granny Killer".[1]The Truro murders was the name given to the findings of the remains of seven young women in bushland near the town of Truro, South Australia in 1976 - 1977.

On April 25, 1978, William Thomas (a former VFL footballer) found what he thought was the bone from the leg of a cow whilst mushrooming in bushland near Truro. Upon closer inspection he noted the bone had a shoe attached and inside the shoe was human skin and painted toenails. Clothes, blood, and more bones were found nearby. The dead woman was later identified to be Veronica Knight, an 18 year old girl who had vanished from an Adelaide street.

Later, other bushwalkers discovered the skeletal remains of 16 year old Sylvia Pittman, about 1 km from where Veronica's remains had been located.

Serial killing was a new phenomenon in Australia at the time, and police faced a difficult task of piecing together evidence. There was the strong suggestion of a link between the two dead women found in the Truro bushland, and other young women reported missing in the area.

Kathleen Megan Folbigg (née Donovan) (b. 14 June, 1967) is an Australian serial killer, convicted of murdering her three infant children. Edward Joseph Leonski (December 12, 1917 – November 9, 1942) was an American serial killer who committed his crimes in Australia. Leonski is known as the Brownout Strangler, given Melbourne's wartime status of keeping low lighting (not as stringent as a wartime blackout).

Mark Jefferies was a bushranger, serial killer and cannibal in the early 19th century in Van Diemen's Land (now Tasmania, Australia) 1826.

Caroline Grills, born Caroline Mickelson (1890 - October 1960) was an Australian serial killer.

Grills became a suspect in 1947 after three family members (87-year-old stepmother Mrs. Christine Mickelson; Mrs. Angelina Thomas, a relative of Mrs. Grills' husband; and Mr. Grills' brother-in-law John Lundberg) and a close family friend (Mrs. Mary Anne Mickelson) died.

Ivan Robert Marko Milat (born December 27, 1944 in Guildford, New South Wales) is an Australian serial killer, convicted of the murder of seven local and international hitchhikers during the 1980s and 1990s. His crimes became known in Australia as the Backpacker murders. Milat is currently serving seven life sentences in Goulburn Supermax Correctional Prison in New South Wales. To this day, he still proclaims his innocence to all of the charges against him.

The Claremont serial murders is the case of the unsolved murders of two young Australian women and the unresolved disappearance of a third in 1996 and 1997 in Claremont, a wealthy western suburb of Perth, Western Australia.

All three women disappeared in similar circumstances after attending night spots in Claremont, leading police to suspect that an unidentified serial killer was the offender.

The case began with the disappearance of Sarah Spiers, 18, on January 26,1996, after leaving a nightclub in the centre of Claremont. Her disappearance was described by her friends and family as being out of character and attracted massive publicity. Spiers had apparently called a taxi from a phone booth but was not present when the responding vehicle arrived. Her fate remains uncertain.

Some months later, Jane Rimmer, 23, disappeared from the same part of Claremont. Her body was found in bushland in the far southern suburbs of Perth in August, 1996.

On March 14 1997, Ciara Glennon, a 27-year-old lawyer, disappeared from the Claremont area. Her body was found on April 3, near a track in scrub in a northern suburb of Perth. [1] After this murder police confirmed that they were searching for a serial killer.

Each of the women had attended either a pub called The Continental (since renamed The Red Rock and now known as The Claremont Hotel) and/or the nightclub Club Bayview.

It has also been suggested by Liam Bartlett, a journalist, that Sarah Spiers was not the first victim[2]. He wrote that police have told the father of a fourth missing woman, 22-year-old Julie Cutler, that his daughter was probably a victim of the Claremont killer.

Eric Edgar Cooke (February 25, 1931–October 26, 1964) was a Western Australian serial killer and burglar. From 1958 to 1963, he attacked 20 people in the city of Perth, Western Australia, killing eight. Paul Charles Denyer (b. April 14, 1972) is an Australian serial killer, currently serving life imprisonment in HM Prison Barwon . William MacDonald (the Mutilator) was classed as Australia's first true serial murderer. William MacDonald was born in Liverpool, England, in 1924. Between June 1961 and April 1963, William 'The Mutilator' MacDonald terrorized Sydney with a string of gruesome murders.

Peter Norris Dupas (b. July 6, 1953) is an Australian serial killer, currently serving three life sentences for murder. His violent criminal history spans more than three decades, and with every release from prison has been known to commit further crimes against women with increasing levels of violence.[1] His criminal signature is to remove the breasts of his female victims.[2]

James Spyridon Vlassakis (b. December 24, 1979 [1]) is an Australian serial killer, currently serving life imprisonment with a non-parole period of 26 years for his role in the Snowtown murders.Leonard John Fraser (June 27, 1951 – January 1, 2007) was an Australian convicted serial killer.

Fraser was born in Ingham, Queensland. He was jailed for the abduction and murder of nine-year-old

Carl Anthony Williams (b. October 13, 1970) is an Australian convicted hitman[1], drug trafficker and drug manufacturer from Melbourne, Victoria. Williams is currently serving a life prison sentence with a non-parole period of 35 years for the murders of four victims of the Melbourne gangland killings. The Port Arthur massacre of 28 April 1996 was a killing spree which claimed the lives of 35 people and wounded 37 others mainly at the historic Port Arthur prison colony, a popular tourist site in south-eastern Tasmania, Australia. Martin Bryant, a 28-year-old from New Town, eventually pleaded guilty to the crimes and was given 35 life sentences without possibility of parole.[1] He is now interned in the Wilfred Lopes Centre[2] near Risdon Prison. Resulting in the deaths of 35 people, the Port Arthur massacre remains Australia's deadliest incident of a mass killing spree and is among one of the deadliest such incidents worldwide in recent times.

Australian Mass Murders

Columbine style incidents must have been common in London then? As were such incidents right?

We've had a couple of rampage shootings in the UK, about a decade apart - but those things don't happen more frequently because it's not exactly easy for anyone (let alone a kid) to gain access to firearms. Nothing on a par with Martin Bryant of course.

What we do get are the usual round of stabbings and beatings etc - something that people of ages can participate in.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hmmmm

Columbine incident was on April 20, 1999.

meaning ... it happened in the 90s.

Martin Bryant went on the rampage in 1996 - meaning it not only happened in the 90s, but it happened in Aus too.

Exception vs Norm. The scope is teenagers here. However, I doubt anyone would have sat there and cheered him on for shooting people.

Edited by Booyah!

Timeline

Martin Bryant went on the rampage in 1996 - meaning it not only happened in the 90s, but it happened in Aus too.

Exception vs Norm. The scope is teenagers here. However, I doubt anyone would have sat there and cheered him on for shooting people.

I think these things are usually the exception, BY.

You make it sound like the outside world is a war zone.