pa_2010

tourist visa and k1...need an advice pls...

64 posts in this topic

Do you have the significant ties to the PI? e.g. Assets, home, job and so forth? If not, cancel the B-2 and go for the K-1. You stated above that you do not meet those requirements and therefore, will get rejected. Go for the sure thing, K-1.

i only have a 4M land property here and a bank statement. thats all i have =[ so, what do u think?

Bank account value = 500,000 Pesos?

maybe i can ask my mom to lend me some more like that amount...

The only thing going for you is the P4 million property but the embassy will be looking at the bigger picture here. These are some of the red flags in your case:

1) your age and sex (young female)

2) parents and brothers are in the US (shows strong ties to the US but not in PI)

3) huge bank deposit made near the interview date . the embassy knows that people borrow for "show money"

4) no job

4) what is the purpose of your visit? “spend holiday with my fiancé” – HUGE, HUGE, HUGE RED FLAG

That's 4 red flags against one (the property)

Your reason for applying for B2 visa may be legitimate but your personal circumstance is working against you. It would be very difficult to overcome the embassy mindset “that all applicants are intending immigrants” especially if you declare that you have a fiancée in the US.

Not to say that all Filipinos with US citizen fiancée are not entitled to B2 visa. You may still get B1/B2 if you are able to show strong ties to the Philippines but in your case, those ties just aren’t there.

If you decide not to pursue the B2 route, you may want to call the embassy if you can ask for refund or if the payment can be applied towards another visa application in the future.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please note that once you apply for US visa, your information will be in the embassy database.

Declaring that you have a US citizen fiance increases your chances of getting a denial. On the other hand, if you "forget" to declare him, this could come back to haunt you during your K1 process. So you really need to think about this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I question your integrity.

I have never seen a VJ mod to create such a negative feeling before. You can suspend me too :P

The subject post was insulting to the website and was deleted accordingly. In my 7,000 posts on VJ, my integrity has never been questioned.

Suspension, think about it...

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

I question your integrity.

I have never seen a VJ mod to create such a negative feeling before. You can suspend me too :P

The subject post was insulting to the website and was deleted accordingly. In my 7,000 posts on VJ, my integrity has never been questioned.

Suspension, think about it...

There are 2 things that I have observed in my years on VJ.

1. Post count does not make you smarter or more knowledgeable regarding immigration.

2. Being a moderator does not make you smarter or more knowledgeable regarding immigration.

I find both inferences to be insulting.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

my two cents is that this will mess up your K-1

doesn't look good going on tourist visa and also applying for K-1.

I would cancel the tourist - which you are almost certain not to get-unless you have traveled to the USA before or have those reasons why they should give it to you.

good,

I would stay with the K-1 only

comicirsaudit.jpg

Hi PA!

In my case, having a B2 visa and having visited my fiance here in CO speed up our K1 visa. We got approved a month and a few days after filing (one of the fastest).

I was in fact honest with the Consul when he asked, what was my purpose in coming here and I said to visit my fiance and spend Christmas with his family, which was really true. Once here we took pictures of me with his family and I guess that convinced USCIS that our relationship was genuine.

Having visited him here also made it easier for me to adjust as I am so familiar with my surroundings.

Just pray that you get assigned a "mabait" na Consul.

Questions would be:

1. What is the purpose of your visit?

2. Where will you stay?

3. Are you employed?

4. Who will pay for your visit?

5. How can they (embassy) be assured that you will be back in the Philippines.

My interview took less than 3 mins and I got approved.

Goodluck!

Bluerose

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi PA!

In my case, having a B2 visa and having visited my fiance here in CO speed up our K1 visa. We got approved a month and a few days after filing (one of the fastest).

I was in fact honest with the Consul when he asked, what was my purpose in coming here and I said to visit my fiance and spend Christmas with his family, which was really true. Once here we took pictures of me with his family and I guess that convinced USCIS that our relationship was genuine.

Having visited him here also made it easier for me to adjust as I am so familiar with my surroundings.

Just pray that you get assigned a "mabait" na Consul.

Questions would be:

1. What is the purpose of your visit?

2. Where will you stay?

3. Are you employed?

4. Who will pay for your visit?

5. How can they (embassy) be assured that you will be back in the Philippines.

My interview took less than 3 mins and I got approved.

Goodluck!

Bluerose

HI bluerose!

Thanks for sharing me your situation and questions that you have had... I'm just really confused bout the whole thing and really don't know what to do. I already paid for my B2 visa and just gathering some requirements now. I know that K1 is the best move to make but i just don't wanna waste the money that we paid for it.

Timeline
Please note that once you apply for US visa, your information will be in the embassy database.

Declaring that you have a US citizen fiance increases your chances of getting a denial. On the other hand, if you "forget" to declare him, this could come back to haunt you during your K1 process. So you really need to think about this.

HI Pinaywife!

I got your point bout the whole thing. I know i don't have strong ties here in PI. But have you read bluerose's thread? Don't you think its possible?

I don't think having a fiance in the US is a red flag. Besides, the K-1 visa application requires couples to meet at least once in two years.

However, having your parents and siblings here may be a problem for your tourist application. My older brother had that exact problem trying to visit us here in CA. He is a nurse there in the Philippines; Has assets (house and land) named after him after we left for the US and he also has several passport stamps from his visits to other countries... but then again, he didn't get that "mabait" na consul...

so hey, it's still worth a shot... just be honest.

good luck :thumbs:

Our K-1 Visa Journey

2009-10-21 : I-129F Sent

2009-10-23 : I-129F NOA1

2010-01-19 : RFE Hard Copy Received

2010-01-22 : RFE Reply Received by CSC

2010-01-29 : I-129F NOA2

2010-02-04 : NVC Received

2010-02-09 : NVC Left

2010-02-12 : Consulate Received (per DHL website)

2010-02-21 : Interview Scheduled for March 15

2010-02-22 : Packet Received From USEM (Eligibility to Schedule an Interview)

2010-03-02 : Medical Exam

2010-03-15 : Interview APPROVED

2010-03-17 : Visa Picked-up at the USEM

2010-03-19 : CFO Seminar

2010-03-24 : POE - LAX

2010-04-08 : Applied for SSN

2010-04-16 : SSN Received

2010-06-08 : Married

Our AOS Journey

2010-07-09 : AOS Package Sent

2010-07-16 : NOA1 (I-485, I-765 and I-131)

2010-07-26 : Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

2010-08-05 : Biometrics Completed

2010-08-12 : Interview Appointment Letter Received

2010-09-03 : I-512L, Authorization for Parole Received

2010-09-08 : EAD Card Received

2010-09-15 : AOS Interview APPROVED

2010-09-25 : GC Received

Our ROC Journey

2012-07-06 : ROC Package Sent

2012-07-09 : I-751 NOA1

2012-07-18 : Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/7)

2012-07-25 : Rescheduled Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/20)

2012-08-20 : Biometrics Completed

2013-03-01 : APPROVED

Timeline
I don't think having a fiance in the US is a red flag. Besides, the K-1 visa application requires couples to meet at least once in two years.

However, having your parents and siblings here may be a problem for your tourist application. My older brother had that exact problem trying to visit us here in CA. He is a nurse there in the Philippines; Has assets (house and land) named after him after we left for the US and he also has several passport stamps from his visits to other countries... but then again, he didn't get that "mabait" na consul...

so hey, it's still worth a shot... just be honest.

good luck :thumbs:

Hiya! i know its gonna affect the B2 if i tell them bout my family, but then i'm not gonna lie bout it. I guess your right that its still worth a shot.=] :thumbs: hoping i could still get that "mabait" na consul. thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have nothing at risk to go to the B2 interview,

You may have future immigrant intent as evidenced by the K1, you just need to stress that you do not have any for this visit.

If they turn you down it has no negative ramifications for the K1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

HI Pinaywife!

I got your point bout the whole thing. I know i don't have strong ties here in PI. But have you read bluerose's thread? Don't you think its possible?

As I've said, not all Filipinos who have American fiances will be denied outright. It's all case-to-case basis depending on an individual's situation. I also had a 10-year multiple entry visa and visited my fiance twice before getting married. While I breezed through both my POEs, I would be very careful in advising people to do what I did just because I was successful in doing it. I was successful because my record showed that I had no intention of circumventing the law. I have travelled back and forth to the US several times and always came back to the Philippines. It would have been a different case if I was travelling to the US for the first time and declared at POE that I was visiting my fiance.

Let's talk about bluerose's situation. Bluerose was able to get a visa because if I remember correctly, she was working for a multinational company for a number of years at the time she applied for visa. Her employment showed strong ties to the Philippines. Declaring she has an American fiance could have been a red flag but her employment history was strong enough to convince the consul that she was coming back. She was able to overcome the assumption that all visa seekers are intending immigrants.

We take a look now at your situation. You do not have a job, your family and fiance are all in the US. There is nothing in the Philippines that will compel you to come back except for the property which can sit forever in the Philippines without your presence.

At any rate, it seems you have made up your mind. You have nothing to lose except the $131 for the visa fee. You can give it your best shot. Let us know here what happens so we can all learn from your experience.

Visiting fiance in the US does not speed up the K1 process. You just got lucky with the numbers game.

I visited my fiance twice and but it took USCIS 95 days to approve the petition.

Timeline
HI Pinaywife!

As I've said, not all Filipinos who have American fiances will be denied outright. It's all case-to-case basis depending on an individual's situation. I also had a 10-year multiple entry visa and visited my fiance twice before getting married. While I breezed through both my POEs, I would be very careful in advising people to do what I did just because I was successful in doing it. I was successful because my record showed that I had no intention of circumventing the law. I have travelled back and forth to the US several times and always came back to the Philippines. It would have been a different case if I was travelling to the US for the first time and declared at POE that I was visiting my fiance.

Let's talk about bluerose's situation. Bluerose was able to get a visa because if I remember correctly, she was working for a multinational company for a number of years at the time she applied for visa. Her employment showed strong ties to the Philippines. Declaring she has an American fiance could have been a red flag but her employment history was strong enough to convince the consul that she was coming back. She was able to overcome the assumption that all visa seekers are intending immigrants.

We take a look now at your situation. You do not have a job, your family and fiance are all in the US. There is nothing in the Philippines that will compel you to come back except for the property which can sit forever in the Philippines without your presence.

At any rate, it seems you have made up your mind. You have nothing to lose except the $131 for the visa fee. You can give it your best shot. Let us know here what happens so we can all learn from your experience.

Sure thing! I'm not even sure if i still wanna do it. Even my mom was being negative about it....

If you already paid the visa fee and you cannot get a refund anymore, might as well give it a shot.

In case you are denied B1/B2, it will not affect your K1 application anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.