Armin

Abu Dhabi ; doomed

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
:( nothing for Nov for me. told me to call back in Nov for Dec. if that's the case i will go for k3. I can't take it anymore. 1500$ or whatever, I need to have a life :(

So sorry, you gotta do what you gotta do, is your 129 approved already???

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
:( nothing for Nov for me. told me to call back in Nov for Dec. if that's the case i will go for k3. I can't take it anymore. 1500$ or whatever, I need to have a life :(

Armin, can you let me know what your situation is? What visa type have you applied for? It looks like your case got approved in September, but they haven't scheduled an interview for you yet? What are they telling you with regards to this? Is Abu Dhabi backlogged? Is there some sort of issue with your particular case? The supervisors with whom I've spoken have all said Abu Dhabi is not a busy embassy, and since I'll be interviewing there too (hopefully in December) I'm really interested to know how they schedule CR-1's.

Filed: Timeline

Armin, can you let me know what your situation is? What visa type have you applied for? It looks like your case got approved in September, but they haven't scheduled an interview for you yet? What are they telling you with regards to this? Is Abu Dhabi backlogged? Is there some sort of issue with your particular case? The supervisors with whom I've spoken have all said Abu Dhabi is not a busy embassy, and since I'll be interviewing there too (hopefully in December) I'm really interested to know how they schedule CR-1's.

Hay,

Salam, khubid?

we have filed for k3 and cr1 at the same time. have iv for k3 for dec 8 though they gave us this iv date in Aug! nvc for cr was finished in early sep. but nothing so far. I do hope that we get iv for cr in dec but there is no guarantee at all. nvc just reads from the paper in front of them.... "unforunately we couldn't schedule you for Noc because of heavy volume .... call us back in Nov.... blah blah blah...." if no news comes next month for cr, we will go with k3. that country is in such a mess that I can't risk waiting more.... how's ur situation?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I have know many people who have had success in having the visa switched to the CR1 at the time of the interview? You might want to put some feelers out to see what others have to say about switching....

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline
Hay,

Salam, khubid?

we have filed for k3 and cr1 at the same time. have iv for k3 for dec 8 though they gave us this iv date in Aug! nvc for cr was finished in early sep. but nothing so far. I do hope that we get iv for cr in dec but there is no guarantee at all. nvc just reads from the paper in front of them.... "unforunately we couldn't schedule you for Noc because of heavy volume .... call us back in Nov.... blah blah blah...." if no news comes next month for cr, we will go with k3. that country is in such a mess that I can't risk waiting more.... how's ur situation?

Merci, khubam, vali negaran shodam...

I am getting ready to complete my case at the NVC now, but I did not go the K-3 route and so I can only wait for a CR-1 interview. I tried to speak with the NVC about the sort of backlog Abu Dhabi has for CR-1's but they couldn't give me any information. From what you say, I'm pretty worried, because I was really banking on a December interview. Why are they so busy? I've already sent them two e-mails; I'm going to try calling them to see if I can understand what's going on over there. I really, really need a December interview. The fact that your K-3 was scheduled in AUGUST for December does not bode well... but I don't understand, earlier this year there was barely any delay whatsoever. People approved in one month interviewed the next. What changed?

Hay,

Salam, khubid?

Merci, khubam, vali negaran shodam...

I am getting ready to complete my case at the NVC now, but I did not go the K-3 route and so I can only wait for a CR-1 interview. I tried to speak with the NVC about the sort of backlog Abu Dhabi has for CR-1's but they couldn't give me any information. From what you say, I'm pretty worried, because I was really banking on a December interview. Why are they so busy? I've already sent them two e-mails; I'm going to try calling them to see if I can understand what's going on over there. I really, really need a December interview. The fact that your K-3 was scheduled in AUGUST for December does not bode well... but I don't understand, earlier this year there was barely any delay whatsoever. People approved in one month interviewed the next. What changed?

Well, couple of time lines available here is pretty scary for abu dhabi. if I had known that I would have changed the embassy to somewhere else. Are u going to email USE in Abu Dhabi? Be in touch. But things are not going well. I know there are couple of people whose NVC completed in late Aug and they are still waiting but you don't know. Maybe you get an earlier appointment. They may have decreased the number of days they are working to issue the visa. at times this happens. for non-immigrant visa K3 abu dhabi has online scheduling for Iranians but rarely you see an opening! most days are not available! why? who knows!

Timeline
Well, couple of time lines available here is pretty scary for abu dhabi. if I had known that I would have changed the embassy to somewhere else. Are u going to email USE in Abu Dhabi? Be in touch. But things are not going well. I know there are couple of people whose NVC completed in late Aug and they are still waiting but you don't know. Maybe you get an earlier appointment. They may have decreased the number of days they are working to issue the visa. at times this happens. for non-immigrant visa K3 abu dhabi has online scheduling for Iranians but rarely you see an opening! most days are not available! why? who knows!

What timelines in particular? I'm trying to figure out exactly what's going on over there. I've already called and e-mailed; they haven't answered either. I am contacting my Senator and the DoS visa line now, to try and figure out what the hold-up is. Have you e-mailed Abu Dhabi about your interview--or, alternatively, have you called them?

What timelines in particular? I'm trying to figure out exactly what's going on over there. I've already called and e-mailed; they haven't answered either. I am contacting my Senator and the DoS visa line now, to try and figure out what the hold-up is. Have you e-mailed Abu Dhabi about your interview--or, alternatively, have you called them?

Not yet. I was hoping for Nov interview. It didn't work out. Now I have to see what I can do! It's crazy!

look here for timelines. UAE from noa2 to iv 105 days! 3.5 months!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/irstats.php?cfl=

Edited by Armin

Timeline
Not yet. I was hoping for Nov interview. It didn't work out. Now I have to see what I can do! It's crazy!

105 days from NOA2 to interview isn't completely terrible--you figure, it takes around a month for NVC to receive, process, and complete your case, and the interview is normally the month following your NVC case complete, and there's just one extra month of padding. But right now it seems like the discrepancy is much greater than that.

I'm going to keep calling/e-mailing until I figure out what's going on. I've already contacted my Senator. I need to know what's causing this sudden delay in CR-1 visa interviews.

105 days from NOA2 to interview isn't completely terrible--you figure, it takes around a month for NVC to receive, process, and complete your case, and the interview is normally the month following your NVC case complete, and there's just one extra month of padding. But right now it seems like the discrepancy is much greater than that.

I'm going to keep calling/e-mailing until I figure out what's going on. I've already contacted my Senator. I need to know what's causing this sudden delay in CR-1 visa interviews.

:) i am sorry. look at beneficiary country. it's more than 300 days for Iranians .... I knew it was scary! ... anyway these r just numbers... things may change....let me know if you find sth....

Timeline
Our applications were approved on September 17, 2009 and our interview was scheduled for January 10, 2010. If anyone has had any luck reaching the Embassy let me know! It seems impossible to reach them, and they haven't followed through on anything they have told us. I'm so exasperated!

I am in contact with my Senator's office. Whatever's going on in the Abu Dhabi embassy needs to stop; this is getting ridiculous. This level of service is unacceptable.

Edited by spectheintro

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Salaam,

Our CR1 case was approved early Oct 09 and we were also hoping for a Nov 09 interview in Abu Dhabi but no luck. We are now hoping for a Dec 09 interview Insha Allah. Looking at the timelines, it appears as though this embassy is taking up to 3 months to schedule the interview.

If we all applied for a CR1 and will be interviewing at Abu Dhabi, why is it a question as to where the beneficiary is originally from? Does that make a difference as to who gets scheduled first?

SAMA

Our applications were approved on September 17, 2009 and our interview was scheduled for January 10, 2010. If anyone has had any luck reaching the Embassy let me know! It seems impossible to reach them, and they haven't followed through on anything they have told us. I'm so exasperated!

? is this for cr1? b/c they schedule interview just one month in advance. not like k3! or @ least that's what they r telling us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Your timeline states case complete from early last month.

Are you calling NVC, talking with a human, asking for status?

Sometimes, knowing the current status (with a date/time stamp )

and the last 3 prior status types (with a date/time stamp )

can be useful. If you deign to call, find out these 4 status bits...

I suggest giving NVC a call again, today if possible, and talk with a human.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.