Moonandstar

I-129F mistake

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I was sifting through the copies of my I-129f package today, and realised we made a very slight oversight: on the g325, my fiancee forgot to sign at signature of applicant. Every other thing and question in our packet was corretly filled out. Looking at what i know about the US government, im sure it will need to be returned- but what im worried about is that being such a small oversight, who knows how long it will take the vermont center to notice it. The package still hasent reached vermont- its stuck in new york customs. We already tried having the company that sent it try to return it, but customs, in their 'wisdom', refused such an irrational request.

What im wondering is, does anyone know the quickest way to handle this? does anyone know a number i could call and talk to the people that are handling the package (customs, as of now)? Or could i perhaps correctly label and send another packet, with the corrected forms, and call VMT and see if thats too much trouble for them? As a last resort, does anyone think that calling VMT and telling them that an error was made in the packet, and that it should be RFE'd without hesitation would have any effect?

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What shipping company?

Once the package is cleared at customs, it will be shipped somehow. If you used Fedex/dhl/ups - its possible to capture the package once it clears customs (as a private employee for the shipping company will be handling the package ).

but if you sent via ems, then the USPS will be picking it up out of us customs, pushing it along to its final destination - and it's difficult with dealing with usps.

If usps can 'capture it ' for you - I suggest getting it done - start with www.usps.com - enter the ems tracking number, check current status, then 'GET A HUMAN' and inquire.

Sorry, I don't have exact answer for ya on USPS :(

Sending 'additiona' stuff' to USCIS is gonna be difficult - if the concept is for 'the new stuff' to catch up with the original casefile. That casefile will be 'in a black box' until it gets to an adjudicator's desk - and then , even, it's really not updateable.

There are 'first screeners' at USCIS who look at the documents, check for completeness - if they mark it 'incomplete' and send it back to you - IMO - that's gonna be the best thing for ya, if you can't get the package stopped prior to final delivery.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks. Alot of information that helps alot.

Yea we made the stupid move and used the cheap one- EMS.

Apriciate it. I'll likely be back after talking to usps...

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

Timeline

Ok, just tried tracking on usps- i dont see anywhere how to contact a representitive- it just lists emal notification and proof of delivery.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
I was sifting through the copies of my I-129f package today, and realised we made a very slight oversight: on the g325, my fiancee forgot to sign at signature of applicant. Every other thing and question in our packet was corretly filled out. Looking at what i know about the US government, im sure it will need to be returned- but what im worried about is that being such a small oversight, who knows how long it will take the vermont center to notice it. The package still hasent reached vermont- its stuck in new york customs. We already tried having the company that sent it try to return it, but customs, in their 'wisdom', refused such an irrational request.

What im wondering is, does anyone know the quickest way to handle this? does anyone know a number i could call and talk to the people that are handling the package (customs, as of now)? Or could i perhaps correctly label and send another packet, with the corrected forms, and call VMT and see if thats too much trouble for them? As a last resort, does anyone think that calling VMT and telling them that an error was made in the packet, and that it should be RFE'd without hesitation would have any effect?

I seem to remember that Gary and Alla had in their conversation with the USCIS officer that the G325A didn't need signatures. Worst case you'd just get an RFE for a signed version; I'd have that ready just in case. Or maybe if no RFE, bring a signed version to the interview. Nothing you can do now but wait it out.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I seem to remember that Gary and Alla had in their conversation with the USCIS officer that the G325A didn't need signatures. Worst case you'd just get an RFE for a signed version; I'd have that ready just in case. Or maybe if no RFE, bring a signed version to the interview. Nothing you can do now but wait it out.

By the way, i was just looking for that topic! You would'nt happen to have a link would u?

-Benjamin Franklin

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=220499 - it's pinned at the top of this forum.

And baron555's recollection is correct: there is a USCIS memo to adjudicators stating that the foreign fiance's G-325A need not be signed.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Yea thanks-- just realised one more mistake- the very small box just below the signature box in the middle, asking for her name in her native alphabet, also was omitted. How important was that exactly? And how about that one for the interview? Any takers? :no:

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Yea thanks-- just realised one more mistake- the very small box just below the signature box in the middle, asking for her name in her native alphabet, also was omitted. How important was that exactly? And how about that one for the interview? Any takers? :no:

Correct it at the interview. Not sure how the consulate in their country handles these errors.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Correct it at the interview. Not sure how the consulate in their country handles these errors.

This will probably all slide until the interview when visa applications are handed over but the I-129F also asks for name AND the address in Chinese characters. If you entered it there, then that's covered.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i just want to share my experience before when me and my husband send our package of I-129f last year, me myself forgot to sign at signature of applicant and it worry me to much and the worst scenario i've been thinking is to have an RFE and i was ready and accept the fact that im gonna have an RFE but to my suprised, there are some people here also forgot to sign and help me not to worry to much. And that help me alot to realized that i just wait what the USCIS decission then... and when the time come i was so happy no RFE and got approved... i hope it will make you feel better to read my story coz you cant do anything for now but just to wait and see whats the decission then.

good luck

AOS journey

10-07-09 - send package to chicago, IL

10-09-09 - package delivered at chicago lockbox

10-16-09 - NOA1 dated

10-19-09 - checks cashed

10-22-09 - Received NOA1 (I-485,I-765,I-131)

10-26-09 - got my biometric appointment letter dated oct. 21

11-06-09 - got transfer notice to CSC dated nov. 2

11-09-09 - biometric appointment done...

11-24-09 - Received email notification about EAD has been ordered.

11-24-09 - EAD and AP approval emails

11-30-09 - AP received

12-04-09 - EAD received

12-10-09 - I-485 Approved email noticed

12-18-09 - GC received

12-18-09 - done my SSN

Timeline

Thanks for the feedback.

Now i have larger problems though- i think im gonna end up having to redo my 129 anyway. Lost in the mail now.

For the record, anyone that lives in china, NEVER use EMS.

-Benjamin Franklin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Actually there is NO requirement that the beneficiary sign the G-325a if the benficiary is "abroad". See the first post in the pinned topic above. Problem is that not enough adjusicators know their own rules and many people get an RFE for this in which case it is rather useless to trey and read them their own rule book at that point.

Here is my suggestion...

Get TWO signed G-325a's from your fiancee. When you receive your NOA1 with receipt number, send ONE of these to the same service center with a cover letter referencing that receipt number. There is a slim chance the form will get together with your petition and avoid a possible RFE. It costs you but a postage stamp to try. Keep the other signed G-325a in case you get an RFE so you can respond.

Any other VJ members wishing to send an UNSIGNED G-325a should include a letter asking for the beneficairy to be able to sign the G-325a at the consulate interview as allowed for in USCIS policy.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

My experience..

My fiancée’s name was written incorrect in all papers.. yes, a big oversight, but when was not as big as we thought. I contacted the USCIS, they did nothing and won’t do anything as is already out of their jurisdiction. However, my fiancée contacted the US Embassy [in Brazil], and they wrote back to her saying not to worry, to complete all her new forms DS, FS the correct way and to make sure everything is according to her passport.

This is not the first time and will not be the last, we oversee things and the USCIS make mistakes as well.. But the documents that matters for the fiancé[e] abroad is the correct DS, FS forms that match their passport.

Hope this help

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for the feedback.

Now i have larger problems though- i think im gonna end up having to redo my 129 anyway. Lost in the mail now.

For the record, anyone that lives in china, NEVER use EMS.

If you start over, please pay close attention to detail. You don't file an I-129. That's for a worker. You're filing an I-129F for a fiancee. Frankly, I find EMS quite efficient but anything can go wrong anytime. Remember, name and address in Chinese characters on the I-129F and just the name on the G325a.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.