Wyatt's Torch

Electronic Processing

420 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, it was -- basically just one that says "As part of the Applicant Document Process, each traveling applicant will be required to return a DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa, to the National Visa Center at the following address." among other things.

I figure it's just a generic email, nothing to do with EP, but thought I'd ask here just in case. Thanks for your advice!

I also just got an email from NVC asking for documents I already sent 2 weeks ago( I864 & DS230) and fees (that I paid). I am not sure exactly what is going on, but I tried to log into the online payment and the login failed. Is my case done at NVC? I'll have to call to find out, I guess.

I think your case is complete! Congrats..

Call up NVC to make sure!

Edited by mast3r12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Nice!! An 864EZ, now that's what I'm talking about! I'll opt for that and get my employment letter as well.

My suggestion would be, if your income is sufficient, that there is no need to send an employment letter. Take that extra stuff to the interview if it will make you feel more comfortable - the I-864 only requires the 1 tax return.

Whoops, sorry, my bad- was giving GUZ-specific info about that I-864. :(

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
Nice!! An 864EZ, now that's what I'm talking about! I'll opt for that and get my employment letter as well.

My suggestion would be, if your income is sufficient, that there is no need to send an employment letter. Take that extra stuff to the interview if it will make you feel more comfortable - the I-864 only requires the 1 tax return.

Turn that frown upside down :lol:

Timeline

Turn that frown upside down :lol:

Appreciate the help everyone! I think I may just go with the one year of returns and even skip the employment letter since it's not even necessary.

So for the DS-230 form, I assume everyone scanned the original copies of the marriage cert, passport bio page, police certificate, and birth certificate and this is adequate since it's all electronic.

At what point does my wife need the passport photos then? I remember asking her to get 4 of them, and other than the one we sent in with the I-130, when else do we submit them? Do we bring them to the interview?

Oh and Congrats COBound! You'll love living in Colorado!

Married July 5th, 2009, Laguna Beach, CA

USCIS:

I-130 package sent - 8/14/2009

NOA1 (hardcopy) - 8/25/2009

NOA2 (hardcopy)- 9/24/2009

NVC:

NVC Received : 10/7/2009

Pay AOS Bill : 10/26/2009

OPTED IN for EP/Submitted DS-3032: 10/27/2009

Confirmation of EP Returned: 11/10/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 11/10/2009

Receive IV Bill : 11/13/2009

Pay IV Bill : 12/27/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 12/29/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 1/13/2010

Medical in Montreal : 4/12/2010 passed!

Interview in Montreal: 4/15/2010 passed!

POE at Coutts/Sweetgrass MT: around 5/8/2010

Timeline
At what point does my wife need the passport photos then?

I sent my (scanned) pictures with the DS-230 :yes:

Here's a list of what I put in, as listed on my cover letter:

- Document Cover Sheet (with barcode)

- Form DS-3032, signed

- Form DS-230 (4 pages) and Complementary Information (2 pages), signed

Supporting documents:

o Marriage certificate

o Police certificate

o 2 Passport size photos

o Passport biographic page

o Birth certificate, front and back, original (Copie d’acte de naissance) and translation

and then I wrote: "Scanned copies of documents submitted are exact copies of unaltered documents and I understand that I will be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date."

:)

Good luck!

Edited by La Souris

Timeline

- Form DS-3032, signed

Supporting documents:

o Marriage certificate

o Police certificate

o 2 Passport size photos

o Birth certificate, front and back, original (Copie d’acte de naissance) and translation

and then I wrote: "Scanned copies of documents submitted are exact copies of unaltered documents and I understand that I will be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date."

Good luck!

Excellent! So you included the 3032 with the 230 email? Interesting, I thought this was to be submitted first before you could even begin the 864 or the 230.

Married July 5th, 2009, Laguna Beach, CA

USCIS:

I-130 package sent - 8/14/2009

NOA1 (hardcopy) - 8/25/2009

NOA2 (hardcopy)- 9/24/2009

NVC:

NVC Received : 10/7/2009

Pay AOS Bill : 10/26/2009

OPTED IN for EP/Submitted DS-3032: 10/27/2009

Confirmation of EP Returned: 11/10/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 11/10/2009

Receive IV Bill : 11/13/2009

Pay IV Bill : 12/27/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 12/29/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 1/13/2010

Medical in Montreal : 4/12/2010 passed!

Interview in Montreal: 4/15/2010 passed!

POE at Coutts/Sweetgrass MT: around 5/8/2010

Timeline

- Form DS-3032, signed

Supporting documents:

o Marriage certificate

o Police certificate

o 2 Passport size photos

Good luck!

Excellent! So you included the 3032 with the 230 email? Interesting, I thought this was to be submitted first before you could even begin the 864 or the 230.

The IV Fee bill would not have been generated if the 3032 was not already accepted, so that is not needed to be sent again.

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Timeline

I already sent them an email for the 3032... but, then, they sent me another email requesting it again so I print one copy and signed it (it was easier to send them a printed and signed copy than to call and ask them "did you really get it because you're sending me weird emails..." -- (I've since learn that they send emails automatically even if you sent them the documents already, I got another weird email asking for my DS230 and documents, while the phone system said they already got it...) -- I've found Electronic Processing confusing at time... I sent them everything in "order" but their response was a little random... in the end, all was good, no RFE.

Edited by La Souris

Just bumping this up to mention that I was through the NVC stage in only 28 days, even with a minor RFE. I think going the Electronic Processing route shaved a week or two off of the typical NVC time, not to mention the cost of mailing and the cost of getting extra copies of original documents.

I have no clue yet if it will expedite the actual interview date (I doubt it), but it certainly gives peace of mind knowing I'm through (er...sign in fail, at least) the document-intensive NVC stage within a month.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
Just bumping this up to mention that I was through the NVC stage in only 28 days, even with a minor RFE. I think going the Electronic Processing route shaved a week or two off of the typical NVC time, not to mention the cost of mailing and the cost of getting extra copies of original documents.

I have no clue yet if it will expedite the actual interview date (I doubt it), but it certainly gives peace of mind knowing I'm through (er...sign in fail, at least) the document-intensive NVC stage within a month.

Hi!

I guess were on the EXACT same path, I also got an RFE, submitted it within 2 hrs.. and I just checked now.. and log in fail! Finally. Now what? I think we should contact NVC to determine when they will send it to the consulate.

Timeline

Hi!

I guess were on the EXACT same path, I also got an RFE, submitted it within 2 hrs.. and I just checked now.. and log in fail! Finally. Now what? I think we should contact NVC to determine when they will send it to the consulate.

Let me amend that - with the paper filings it isn't sent until an interview is scheduled. I wonder if it is the same with electronic filings?

Edited by Malrothien

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Hi!

I'm actually going to give it a day or two first, I think. I'm pretty sure that calling them won't expedite things. Also, from what I understand, the files will get emailed very quickly via their secure email system.

I'll check the NVC AVR tomorrow to see what it says...and if there's no update by midday, I'll talk to an operator.

Congrats on the sign in fail!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Hi!

I'm actually going to give it a day or two first, I think. I'm pretty sure that calling them won't expedite things. Also, from what I understand, the files will get emailed very quickly via their secure email system.

I'll check the NVC AVR tomorrow to see what it says...and if there's no update by midday, I'll talk to an operator.

Hmmm, so i was a bit impatient and called NVC right now, they said the status shows as ''case pending'' on their end. How odd?

Calling them wont expedite things, but youll get to know approximately when MTL will get it, then you can estimate 3 - 5 months from then till the interview haha.

And yes! Congrats to you too for the progress!

Timeline

Hi!

Hmmm, so i was a bit impatient and called NVC right now, they said the status shows as ''case pending'' on their end. How odd?

Calling them wont expedite things, but youll get to know approximately when MTL will get it, then you can estimate 3 - 5 months from then till the interview haha.

And yes! Congrats to you too for the progress!

About a day after my 'login' failed, I recieved an email stating that "NVC has all the required documents and that we will be notified when an interview is available".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey - for GUZ-bound petitions, we get interview dates from calling DOS, getting a HUMAN to read a screen after NVC case complete.

Is that the same for Montreal ? or is it something @ NVC ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.