kylejb

Mailing Necessary Forms

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just trying to get a survey how everyone sends items like, I-134, tax records, relationship evidence, etc to the SO in Russia? I mean so that you KNOW they got it. DHL cost $100 to mail it.

Is there something that is cheaper but will make sure that it gets there? I have mailed stuff in the past and it gets there without any issues in about 10-12 days. But you know, as soon as I want something there, it will get lost. And getting closer to holidays.. well, who knows. So any suggestions?

Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just trying to get a survey how everyone sends items like, I-134, tax records, relationship evidence, etc to the SO in Russia? I mean so that you KNOW they got it. DHL cost $100 to mail it.Is there something that is cheaper but will make sure that it gets there? I have mailed stuff in the past and it gets there without any issues in about 10-12 days. But you know, as soon as I want something there, it will get lost. And getting closer to holidays.. well, who knows. So any suggestions?
I sent mine DHL to avoid any BS. The money spent on that is completely insignificant to the overall cost of the process. $100 to send stuff via DHL should not even make you blink.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Just trying to get a survey how everyone sends items like, I-134, tax records, relationship evidence, etc to the SO in Russia? I mean so that you KNOW they got it. DHL cost $100 to mail it.Is there something that is cheaper but will make sure that it gets there? I have mailed stuff in the past and it gets there without any issues in about 10-12 days. But you know, as soon as I want something there, it will get lost. And getting closer to holidays.. well, who knows. So any suggestions?
I sent mine DHL to avoid any BS. The money spent on that is completely insignificant to the overall cost of the process. $100 to send stuff via DHL should not even make you blink.

I sent mine Fed Ex International non-express. I sent a Medium box also filled with junk mail ads and catalogs so she can see what stuff costs here and what is available.

Took 5 days and cost maybe $175. The cost is miniscule to me versus what I receive in the end.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I took mine in person! I wish I had thought to get her signed letter of intent and G-325A in person as well, when we first started this. There was about a month delay getting those documents over here. If not for that delay, maybe we would have an interview date by now -- instead, we are stuck in NVC "AP".

If DHL will deliver to your fiancee, they seems to be the preferred carrier. Availability of different shipping carriers is not universal throughout Russia.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

I'll join the chorus here too. Send it the fastest, most reliable means, regardless of the cost. You want her completely prepared for the interview after waiting all this time. Sure it seems expensive, but when you are holding her in your arms it won't matter then. :thumbs:

I sent mine via USPS - about $16.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I'm cheap, sent mine by US Global Express for $48, got there in 10 days with no problem. Its also completely trackable by the way. I could see when it got to Russia, went through customs, got to her city and when it was delivered. I should mention I sent the papers in a small box with some other things like the book for her driving exam here, etc.

Edited by LoveWaits

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-02

Pkg Rec. By NVC : 2009-10-07

Pkg Left NVC : 2009-10-09

Rec by Moscow : 2009-10-13

Packet 3 Sent : Never Received

Interview Date : 2009-11-20 PASS!

POE : 2009-11-29

WEDDING : 2009-12-26!

Timeline

absolutely. The USPS Global Express seems to be the most reliable method of shipping. Everytime I shipped, I used their shipping software to create labels and custom forms and I received email updates of the package's progress. 10-14 days and it's there.

For a fraction of the price.

Money shouldn't be a concern, but there's nothing wrong with spending your dollars wisely. Still, do your research and go with what works best for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just trying to get a survey how everyone sends items like, I-134, tax records, relationship evidence, etc to the SO in Russia? I mean so that you KNOW they got it. DHL cost $100 to mail it.

Is there something that is cheaper but will make sure that it gets there? I have mailed stuff in the past and it gets there without any issues in about 10-12 days. But you know, as soon as I want something there, it will get lost. And getting closer to holidays.. well, who knows. So any suggestions?

Thanks.

As per Consulate email (and what I actually did for the final documents), you can send the consulate all supporting evidence (but not books of chat logs and/or email) directly to the consulate via email. I sent all my financial support documents to them this way. I did not want the possibility of getting that sensitive information lost in the mail.

As per Consulate email (and what I actually did for the final documents), you can send the consulate all supporting evidence (but not books of chat logs and/or email) directly to the consulate via email. I sent all my financial support documents to them this way. I did not want the possibility of getting that sensitive information lost in the mail.

I would be more concerned about the consulate losing the stuff than the mail!

If you go this route just make sure you get several confirmation e-mails.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Same here. I've never had any problems with reliability of the postal system on either end, and I've mailed more than my share of documents, cards, etc. I figure why spend more when this gets the job done. YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Thanks.

USPS global express is pretty good. On the Russian side it will be delivered via private courier and not the Russian mail system. I was there when a package was delivered. The delivery girl was very very hot!!! I should have dumped the girl I went to visit and talked to the delivery girl.

DHL is very reliable in Russia.

The delivery girl was very very hot!!! I should have dumped the girl I went to visit and talked to the delivery girl.

So whenever I go back to Russia I should send myself a package first?

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
The delivery girl was very very hot!!! I should have dumped the girl I went to visit and talked to the delivery girl.

So whenever I go back to Russia I should send myself a package first?

Always good to keep your options open. I truly wouldn't have minded if she was handling my package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.