ah ma

Questions about Packet 3 for K1 visa?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiancee recieved packet 3 for the consulate the other day, and we were working on getting all of the documents and had some questions.

The documents she recieved were: DS-156, DS-156K, and DS-230 part I & II.

My questions are:

1) Do we send only DS-230 Part 1 to consulate and keep the rest of the documents included and on the checklist until the interview?

2) For DS-230 Part 1, for question #14, (spouse name), do we list my name as spouse, or put "None" since we are technically, not husband and wife yet?

3.) Also, is there anything else that we had to send to consulate with the packet 3?

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My fiancee recieved packet 3 for the consulate the other day, and we were working on getting all of the documents and had some questions.

The documents she recieved were: DS-156, DS-156K, and DS-230 part I & II.

My questions are:

1) Do we send only DS-230 Part 1 to consulate and keep the rest of the documents included and on the checklist until the interview?

2) For DS-230 Part 1, for question #14, (spouse name), do we list my name as spouse, or put "None" since we are technically, not husband and wife yet?

3.) Also, is there anything else that we had to send to consulate with the packet 3?

Thanks.

Yes DS-230 part 1 will go with the rest of the forms and documents from the check list.For question 14 on DS-230 write N/A dont write none cuz it could be a persons name.....Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im confused.... I am doing all of the forms for my fiance, so 'nothing' has to be mailed to the consulate? All the forms requested by them is supposed to be given to them at the interview correct?

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Im confused.... I am doing all of the forms for my fiance, so 'nothing' has to be mailed to the consulate? All the forms requested by them is supposed to be given to them at the interview correct?

My understanding is we send only DS-230 Part 1, along with the checklist and keep the rest of the documents until the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My understanding is we send only DS-230 Part 1, along with the checklist and keep the rest of the documents until the interview.

When I got my email from the emabssy telling me all the forms that had to be completed, they did not say anything about sending forms in. And when my fiance got his packet 3 in the mail, it did not say anything there about sending anything in either before the interview.... hummmmm

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

When I got my email from the emabssy telling me all the forms that had to be completed, they did not say anything about sending forms in. And when my fiance got his packet 3 in the mail, it did not say anything there about sending anything in either before the interview.... hummmmm

I sent everything what was required on the check list including pictures.DS-156,needed to be filled out online and sent a copy along with rest of the documents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I sent everything what was required on the check list including pictures.DS-156,needed to be filled out online and sent a copy along with rest of the documents.

Maybe this is consulate specific. Most require the documents to be completed and brought by the beneficiary to the interview. Some may require them to be mailed to the consulate before the interview.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Send to the consulate:

2x DS 156, 2x DS 156k, 2x DS 230 Part I only ( I do not know if maybe in your country you have to send Part II also, please let her read the documents, it's all listed on it.), A copy of your passport biographic data.

I sended a double copy signed of each document. This is all you have to send, rest for the interview:

Take to the interview: Photo's 2x, I-134, Birth Certificate, Police Records, Marriage Cert. (If any) Evidence of relationship, Passport.

And maybe some helpfull information: To the medical, bring 2 photo's, vaccination passport. (A record of all the vaccinations your fiance had in her life) Passport, etc.

Good luck

After sending all this you will recieve Package 4 with the interview date/medical instructions

Edited by DeniseBill

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Timeline
Send to the consulate:

2x DS 156, 2x DS 156k, 2x DS 230 Part I only ( I do not know if maybe in your country you have to send Part II also, please let her read the documents, it's all listed on it.), A copy of your passport biographic data.

I sended a double copy signed of each document. This is all you have to send, rest for the interview:

Take to the interview: Photo's 2x, I-134, Birth Certificate, Police Records, Marriage Cert. (If any) Evidence of relationship, Passport.

And maybe some helpfull information: To the medical, bring 2 photo's, vaccination passport. (A record of all the vaccinations your fiance had in her life) Passport, etc.

Good luck

After sending all this you will recieve Package 4 with the interview date/medical instructions

Vaccination is not required for K-1 and yes i took the mdeical sealed envelope with me (no-xrays).I also got a letter with packet 3.5 insturcting me to send all the forms and documents via an approved courier service (Amex) to ISL embassy.If any confusion just either call or e-mail them.

Timeline

Erm, maybe not in your country but I´m filing for k1 and I needed vaccinations.. and yes I know because I had my medical 1 week ago, I had all the required vaccinations though. So what you say is not true, Vaccinations ARE required for K1

Edited by DeniseBill

Love is eternal.

TimeLine:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Erm, maybe not in your country but I´m filing for k1 and I needed vaccinations.. and yes I know because I had my medical 1 week ago, I had all the required vaccinations though. So what you say is not true, Vaccinations ARE required for K1

Vaccination Requirements

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements. See IV Vaccination Requirements for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Timeline

Like I said, maybe not for your country but I got a full list of what I needed at the medical

Love is eternal.

TimeLine:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Like I said, maybe not for your country but I got a full list of what I needed at the medical

Yes you did say that , and after saying that you said this ..... So what you say is not true, Vaccinations ARE required for K1

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.